Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

On 7/7/2020 at 11:00 AM, Howie411 said:

So just heard back from my rep.  Supposedly they had an issue where it wasn't sent to anyone on the payment plan.   They said they have fixed  that issue going forward.  

Sounds like some of the usual stuff happening.  I don't know why this team can't have their act together, even with an ever-dwindling STH list. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, Howie411 said:

Interesting news about tickets for the 2020 Raven season.   Wonder how the Redskins will handle this.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/2020-ravens-season-tickets-to-be-deferred?fbclid=IwAR27GgkNhalhgBtSM5bHNLayt8pGKCX8qgXQOihDk4zhe6ODyXofp0cQUJU

That's interesting that we don't have a response yet, but both the Orioles and Ravens have announced the same thing.  Maybe it's because of Baltimore City requirements and not PG County, although they remain one of the hardest-hit places due to Covid.  The Orioles did announce that if fans could come to games, they will have a way to allow fans to sign up for some games, but none are being promised and a full refund can be issued.  

I have some contacts at the Naval Academy, and things aren't looking good there either.  I am hearing the stadium will be at quarter capacity if there is football, which means 10,000 or so, with only 100 midshipmen at a game.  The mids, barring a family or health emergency, will be confined to the academy grounds and will not be able to leave, and that includes sponsor families.  

I haven't decided on the Orioles yet, because they are offering 125% credit if we don't get a refund, and that puts a nice dent in my 2022 plan, but I would definitely take a refund for my Redskins ticket package.  

Edited by ThomasTomasz

On 7/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, ThomasTomasz said:

Sounds like some of the usual stuff happening.  I don't know why this team can't have their act together, even with an ever-dwindling STH list. 

That's interesting that we don't have a response yet, but both the Orioles and Ravens have announced the same thing.  Maybe it's because of Baltimore City requirements and not PG County, although they remain one of the hardest-hit places due to Covid.  The Orioles did announce that if fans could come to games, they will have a way to allow fans to sign up for some games, but none are being promised and a full refund can be issued.  

I have some contacts at the Naval Academy, and things aren't looking good there either.  I am hearing the stadium will be at quarter capacity if there is football, which means 10,000 or so, with only 100 midshipmen at a game.  The mids, barring a family or health emergency, will be confined to the academy grounds and will not be able to leave, and that includes sponsor families.  

I haven't decided on the Orioles yet, because they are offering 125% credit if we don't get a refund, and that puts a nice dent in my 2022 plan, but I would definitely take a refund for my Redskins ticket package.  

Just now, jgibbsfootball said:

This is what i was told by my rep

Hope all is well and you + your family are doing well! We are still awaiting more information regarding the season if we are able to have fans and if it is limited capacity how many people. With that said we have not yet started doing that as we are waiting for the update. I did see the Ravens announcement; they have PSL’s there (Permanent Seat Licenses) so they essentially have to get people to not come this year if it is determined to be limited capacity. Many of the PSL teams are handling this a little differently than teams without PSL’s like ourselves. Of course, in the event the games are cancelled or played with no fans you would be able to choose between a refund and a credit to next year. Stay tuned for more information within the upcoming weeks! 

Please let me know if you have questions or need anything at all 😊

HTTR,

Sophia Lautieri

• Like 1

A full refund better be an option if season is cancelled or played without fans. 

If they reduce preseason to 2 games, there will have to be some form of refund/credit anyway. Also curious if season ticket holders can request a full refund due to the name change?  I bought season tickets to see the Redskins, not the Warriors, Redwolves, or Redtails. 

1 hour ago, neilclarke said:

A full refund better be an option if season is cancelled or played without fans. 

If they reduce preseason to 2 games, there will have to be some form of refund/credit anyway. Also curious if season ticket holders can request a full refund due to the name change?  I bought season tickets to see the Redskins, not the Warriors, Redwolves, or Redtails. 

The NFL itself has already said if either of those happen, a full refund will be issued.  

Pre-season is anyone's guess.  Probably a refund but we won't get much since they implemented variable pricing.  

I doubt that they would advertise about the name change, but I am sure that they are getting that question as we speak.  With my family connection to the team and how I feel about it, a new name really feels like we are an expansion team that I have no connection to.  I am going to keep my tickets for this year and hopefully attend games and give it a full season to see how I think about things, but right now I am leaning about 80% to being done with the Redskins after the season.  

11 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

The NFL itself has already said if either of those happen, a full refund will be issued.  

Pre-season is anyone's guess.  Probably a refund but we won't get much since they implemented variable pricing.  

I doubt that they would advertise about the name change, but I am sure that they are getting that question as we speak.  With my family connection to the team and how I feel about it, a new name really feels like we are an expansion team that I have no connection to.  I am going to keep my tickets for this year and hopefully attend games and give it a full season to see how I think about things, but right now I am leaning about 80% to being done with the Redskins after the season.  

On that note, they have a chance to do something really cool.   ie  "Founding Fan of the Washington XXXXXX".        For instance when the Washington Valor AFL team started we all got cool Founding Fan Jersey's.      We were also supposed to get our name on the Wall on the Capital One Arena (Though that never happened and I'm still ****ing about it as it was advertised as a Founding Fan Perk).

Was also a Founding Fan for the DC Defenders, but they didn't really do anything super special for us.     I really think the Ex-Redskins could use this to their advantage.

33 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

On that note, they have a chance to do something really cool.   ie  "Founding Fan of the Washington XXXXXX".        For instance when the Washington Valor AFL team started we all got cool Founding Fan Jersey's.      We were also supposed to get our name on the Wall on the Capital One Arena (Though that never happened and I'm still ****ing about it as it was advertised as a Founding Fan Perk).

Was also a Founding Fan for the DC Defenders, but they didn't really do anything super special for us.     I really think the Ex-Redskins could use this to their advantage.

It would be unthinkable for them not to give all Season Ticket Holders something for free with the new name on it. 

Then again I could not imagine them having a special event for season ticket holders and not inviting them all.

23 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I agree. I paid to see the Washington REDSKINS and will be asking for a full refund. It's a bit irrelevant anyway because it's hard to imagine any fans at games because of Covid. The team will use this as the reason but I am really curious as to how many people would have canceled anyway due to the name change. I am one of them. Good time to cut ties that should have been cut long ago. Snyder killed this team years ago and the Redskins I grew up with and loved have been long gone. It's just official now. A good time to get away clean and feel like it's justified.

9 hours ago, LCA77 said:

I agree. I paid to see the Washington REDSKINS and will be asking for a full refund. It's a bit irrelevant anyway because it's hard to imagine any fans at games because of Covid. The team will use this as the reason but I am really curious as to how many people would have canceled anyway due to the name change. I am one of them. Good time to cut ties that should have been cut long ago. Snyder killed this team years ago and the Redskins I grew up with and loved have been long gone. It's just official now. A good time to get away clean and feel like it's justified.

Interesting your mention that.  While I don't know how that would work with regular tickets since its not a contract, I almost 100% sure that would be an excuse to get out of a Club Level or Suite Contract.   I have to believe those contracts state something to the effect you are buying tickets to see the Redskins and now just a Football Team.

On a side note Eagles just announced no fans at all for this seasons Football in the stands. - https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2020/07/no-fans-allowed-at-philadelphia-eagles-games-this-fall-eagles-autism-challenge-moved-to-virtual-format.html

I'm actually pretty disappointment with the Skins right now.   As a current season ticket holder they literally have not told us much of anything.  And while I understand its been a crazy couple of months due to Covid as well as the name issue and the recent sexual harassment issue I can't imagine not even saying something to your season ticket holders (aka your most loyal fans)

We received no email when they said they were dropping the name/logo.  (To add insult to injury, in their announcement, they stated, "As part of this process, we want to keep our sponsors, fans and community apprised of our thinking as we go forward."    Should have put fans before sponsors in that announcement.

We have received no information on what their plans are for this season (typically season tickets would ship by now.

Have already missed out on multiple Season Ticket Holder Gold Perks (Taste of Fedex, OTAs, VIP Training Camp Access,  In Person Town Halls)

Even a "we haven't forgotten about you, will have information soon" would be fine.  But completely silence is insulting.

• Like 2

I received this via email on the 21st...

Dear Gold Members,

Thank you for your continued support. We recognize that this offseason has been unlike any other for our fan base and we appreciate your loyalty more than ever.

We understand that there are many reports circulating regarding the 2020 NFL Season. As the situation continues to evolve, we will update you with relevant information regarding the season and other team related news in a timely manner.

Over the next few weeks, you will receive a series of emails with updates about the 2020 season as part of our Gold Member Update Series. In each email, we will provide important pieces of information related to your 2020 season ticket membership. If you have additional questions you can reach our Membership Services Team via call or text at 301-276-6050, or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

Thank you for your patience. Your loyalty and support mean everything to us. We can't wait to welcome you back to FedExField soon!

Thank you,
Your Membership Services Team

3 hours ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

I received this via email on the 21st...

Dear Gold Members,

Thank you for your continued support. We recognize that this offseason has been unlike any other for our fan base and we appreciate your loyalty more than ever.

We understand that there are many reports circulating regarding the 2020 NFL Season. As the situation continues to evolve, we will update you with relevant information regarding the season and other team related news in a timely manner.

Over the next few weeks, you will receive a series of emails with updates about the 2020 season as part of our Gold Member Update Series. In each email, we will provide important pieces of information related to your 2020 season ticket membership. If you have additional questions you can reach our Membership Services Team via call or text at 301-276-6050, or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

Thank you for your patience. Your loyalty and support mean everything to us. We can't wait to welcome you back to FedExField soon!

Thank you,
Your Membership Services Team

So for some reason I never got that email, but I had happened to email my rep about something else and she said, " We are planning to send detailed information by email in the next few days that will explain the (limited capacity, refund policy and deferral program).  Did you receive our email on Tuesday? "

Which is how I realized I didn't get an email.     Not sure what happened as it didnt go to spam and I've never missed a Redskin Gold Email.  (not including that last virtual chat which they said was their fault).

On 7/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, skinfan2k said:

Giants and Jets will not have fans this year.  I bet the redskins keep your money and dont bother to give any benefits.  AT least the nats gave me 50% more value on my tickets for next year. 

But on the bright side they plan to send all season ticket holders a  “new from old stock” Albert Haynesworth bobblehead in lieu of a refund.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Synergist said:

And then this update today :

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.05.01 AM.png

I won't shed a tear for no Pre-season, I was lucky to be able to give those games away.  I used to donate them to Most Valuable Kids.  Then they adjusted the prices and those games value was really low.

Edited by Howie411

There is one big thing that the first email does not mention.  If you choose to defer (credit or refund), will the same seats be offered back to you?  I have emailed twice about this and have not gotten any response.  It seems logical, but I don’t want to assume anything.  Has anybody received any sort of clarification on this?

-ct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTennant said:

There is one big thing that the first email does not mention.  If you choose to defer (credit or refund), will the same seats be offered back to you?  I have emailed twice about this and have not gotten any response.  It seems logical, but I don’t want to assume anything.  Has anybody received any sort of clarification on this?

-ct

Whoa!

I didn't even think of this!

Please post their response.

I'll contact my rep too.

3 hours ago, CTennant said:

-ct

That brings up the point that the majority of season ticket holders would have to defer anyways.   They already said limited # of fans.  So how are they going to decide who gets to use their tickets and who doesn't.    With that being said if you do defer them what sort of benefit are they offering.  I'd rather hold only that 2k for another year, then let them have it and collect interest.  Though if they offered some benefit as a STH to keep my money then that is a different story.

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

That brings up the point that the majority of season ticket holders would have to defer anyways.   They already said limited # of fans.  So how are they going to decide who gets to use their tickets and who doesn't.    With that being said if you do defer them what sort of benefit are they offering.  I'd rather hold only that 2k for another year, then let them have it and collect interest.  Though if they offered some benefit as a STH to keep my money then that is a different story.

The Orioles offered 125% credit.  The word from the NFL earlier was that full refunds would be offered, so I think if you defer payment, that's it.  No credit or anything, but I hope that's not the case, but given the history of NFL tickets compared to other sports, my prediction is nothing.  

I am still undecided.  I need to hear how they are going to distance people and where my seat will be, since I am sure it won't be in my normal seat......which is an aisle seat and I might prefer not to have it right now.  

I run a very popular mall store, at a very busy Maryland mall, and I have to say, on the first day the mall opened, it took them five hours to sanitize anything in the food court.  I couldnt tell you how many people cycled through tables and nothing.  I have no confidence in any stadium being able to keep up with these things that need to happen to make us safe, and if I don't feel like their policies have any teeth as far as being able to eject folks not wearing masks, I won't go.  

16 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Whoa!

I didn't even think of this!

Please post their response.

I'll contact my rep too.

They finally responded to my email and said that the same seats will be offered back to me in 2021.  Supposedly a new email will be sent soon.

-ct