Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Well, my invoice shows my seats from last season.....I was moved down to the 213 area last year from the 400's, but that did not co-relate to a upgrade in parking tickets from Grey to something else. I had called last season and made it known that I would not mind paying a little more to be moved from 400's to 200's....not sure if that made a difference but I received a upgrade notice with request for additional $$$ (difference between 400 level and 200 level GA tickets) at end of June.

I am going to call again concerning upgrade in parking....also would like to be on home side vice visitors......would rather take home side seating over upgrade in parking.

I will say this...with the addition of RGIII or Luck to the team, and the anticipated return to being revelant in the NFL....would suspect that upgrades will become more difficult over the next several years.......

I think that I lost that leverage now since I've paid over half. :(

It still seems to be a little luck of the draw. But you need a lot of luck now, the TO is much more consistent than in the past. Last year at the DDP I paid my tickets and tried to get a definite seat upgrade, no dice. But I did walk up there with 2 different ES'ers one had not payed and he paid and asked for green parking and got it. He had no parking before that. The others I went up with had gray parking and when they heard he got green we went back up and they were given an upgrade from gray to green.

Edited by HOF44

Agreed with this. I tried many times to start out with a green, but I'm stuck with gray.

I would try dropping by the TO in person a few times 1-2 weeks before the first preseason game. It seems that's the time when parking passes are available but not assigned. Turning you down in person might be a little harder for them, especially if you show up more than once.

Make sure you bring your Grays with you. You'll have to trade them in before they'll hand you Greens.

It still seems to be a little luck of the draw. But you need a lot of luck now, the TO is much more consistent than in the past. Last year at the DDP I paid my tickets and tried to get a definite seat upgrade, no dice. But I did walk up there with 2 different ES'ers one had not payed and he paid and asked for green parking and got it. He had no parking before that. The others I went up with had gray parking and when they heard he got green we went back up and they were given an upgrade from gray to green.

Ugh, I would LOVE that! I wish that I didn't live so far away. I'll be at the DDP, though!

I would try dropping by the TO in person a few times 1-2 weeks before the first preseason game. It seems that's the time when parking passes are available but not assigned. Turning you down in person might be a little harder for them, especially if you show up more than once.

Make sure you bring your Grays with you. You'll have to trade them in before they'll hand you Greens.

I'm really too far away to feasibly get down there after working 60-65 hour weeks. :( Damn you Delaware!

Question WRT parking lot assignments.....IF one gets upgraded from Grey to Green, can you park in ANY green lot or are they assigned as there are more than one Green area? Just need to know if I need to ask for a specific Green lot.....

Also, is there a cost difference between Grey and Green parking areas?

Edited by rskin72

Question WRT parking lot assignments.....IF one gets upgraded from Grey to Green, can you park in ANY green lot or are they assigned as there are more than one Green area? Just need to know if I need to ask for a specific Green lot.....

Also, is there a cost difference between Grey and Green parking areas?

Last year they started stamping SOME green passes with"B3" on them, but I cant remember if people HAD to park in that lot or not...otherwise you can park in any green lot

I think grey is slightly less than green which is 350 for the season

Edited by DButz65

Last year they started stamping SOME green passes with"B3" on them, but I cant remember if people HAD to park in that lot or not...otherwise you can park in any green lot

I think grey is slightly less than green which is 350 for the season

I e-mailed with the ticket office about a month ago about upgrades and getting a parking pass added to my account and here is what they had to say:

"All of our season ticket holders who pay in full by April 1 or meet the established payment plan of March 1, April 1 and May 1 will be considered for an upgrade over season ticket holders who paid otherwise. According to your account you currently have not purchased a parking pass. Your only option at the moment for parking is to purchase a Gray lot parking pass for $350 or a reserved parking space for $1000. Once you have a Gray lot parking pass you will be eligible (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green B3 lot."

and then I asked how I could get upgraded to the Green Lot and the answer was:

"We can add a Gray parking pass to your account and create a new invoice which you can view on your redskins account. However, our parking is also based on availability and seniority as a season ticket holder. Due to high renewal rates we cannot guarantee that you will be upgraded to the Green B3 lot. If you are selected for an upgrade you will be notified around late May or early June. If you are upgraded to the Green B3 lot then you will have the opportunity (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green lot. "

I'm not sure what the reserved parking is for $1,000, but it seems the only option is to get Gray, then hope for Green B3 and then regular Green... I would say that is becoming the normal way to go through the parking cycle now. If they lowered the price for the Gray lot a bit below the cost for the Green lot, they may actually be able to sell some of these Gray passes.

HTTR F Dallas:

You can pick up a green pass for a decent price man.....

I argued 2 years ago with TO about getting a Green... I got B3 last year finally and I never paid for Gray and wouldnt park there.......B3 isnt bad for me because I can back my SUV by the Redskins old school car and tailgate there and i can get out pretty quickly too which is a good thing.....

I requested full Green this year, but do they enforce B3 Green parking if you park in any other Green ? I honestly dont know the answer..... Maybe someone can answer it....

My plan would be to buy the grey pass and try to sell it for cost or close to it and get a Green from somewhere else... just want to sign up to get my name up the list...

I hear ya... If I can find a Orange at a decent price I will sell you mine at face....

Ok....I just called and spoke with Jay...he took my request for green parking, told me that I actually had to request this upgrade and it was not automatic from Grey to Green. He said this was a fairly new policy. Also told me that chances were good to get Green B3, then move up in parking status from there. Guess we will see what happens....he said end of May / Mid June timeframe to learn seating and parking assignments.

I have B-3 green parking passes but my seats are in Section 111 so it works out great for me. 2 min walk to the stadium and after the game I get to my car fast so I dont deal with much after game traffic. But if you have that pass you can only park in that lot(no other green lot). Only if the B-3 lot is filled will they let you park in the other green lots.

I e-mailed with the ticket office about a month ago about upgrades and getting a parking pass added to my account and here is what they had to say:

"All of our season ticket holders who pay in full by April 1 or meet the established payment plan of March 1, April 1 and May 1 will be considered for an upgrade over season ticket holders who paid otherwise. According to your account you currently have not purchased a parking pass. Your only option at the moment for parking is to purchase a Gray lot parking pass for $350 or a reserved parking space for $1000. Once you have a Gray lot parking pass you will be eligible (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green B3 lot."

and then I asked how I could get upgraded to the Green Lot and the answer was:

"We can add a Gray parking pass to your account and create a new invoice which you can view on your redskins account. However, our parking is also based on availability and seniority as a season ticket holder. Due to high renewal rates we cannot guarantee that you will be upgraded to the Green B3 lot. If you are selected for an upgrade you will be notified around late May or early June. If you are upgraded to the Green B3 lot then you will have the opportunity (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green lot. "

I'm not sure what the reserved parking is for $1,000, but it seems the only option is to get Gray, then hope for Green B3 and then regular Green... I would say that is becoming the normal way to go through the parking cycle now. If they lowered the price for the Gray lot a bit below the cost for the Green lot, they may actually be able to sell some of these Gray passes.

With regards to the "Green B3" parking, that is part of an attempt by the ticket office to divert traffic away from the ridiculously overused Redskins Rd. and Arena Drive entrances to the ridiculously underused Morgan Blvd. entrance.

Regarding enforcement of the "Green B3" parking, I noticed that for the lower demand games (Cardinals, Niners, Vikings) last year the parking staff were letting people with "Green B3" passes park in any Green lot. However for the "high demand" games (NFC East, Jets, Pats) it was much different. The parking lot attendants were strict about making people with "Green B3" passes that tried to enter thru Redskins Rd. or Arena Drive do a u-turn and have to circle around the entire stadium to get to the Morgan Blvd. entrance.

Biggest problem with the Green B3 parking IMHO is that it's on the complete opposite side of the stadium from the world famous ES tailgate! :silly:

---------- Post added April-11th-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

I've heard the B3 lot is pretty sweet to get out of after the game, I believe a back road lets you out of there?? I use my green to park near the ES Tailgate though.

That is 100% correct. If you hate the traffic leaving games, enter the lots using the Morgan Blvd entrance!

Anyone who complains about the traffic simply doesn't know about Morgan Blvd.

Edited by E33Green

Fortunately, the secret of Morgan Blvd. still hasn't been figured out by 80% of green parkers.

A majority of the parking and traffic nightmare stories at FedEx continue to involve Arena Dr. or Redskins Rd.

The inexperienced game goers continue to fall into the trap of taking the first exit they see when approaching from the north on 495.

• Like 1

Just got another e-mail from the TO after asking them the chance of buying Grey this year and being upgraded to Green B3 before the year starts. They responded:

"Great news!!. Based on availability, the Ticket Office can add a Green B3 parking pass to your account for the 2012 season. You will then be eligible (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green lot for the 2013 season."

Just FYI. This is my 2nd season having tickets, no parking pass last season.

Interesting post, HTTR F Dallas, concerning getting the B3 upgrade. The guy I spoke with implied that I would get green B3, but did not say it was definite, but probable. Am definitely going to pursue this more.....

So, is the green B3 paved or unpaved? Also, it seems like it is a lot closer to the stadium than the Grey parking lot is.....

I live in Va. Bch....so when my wife and I come to the games, we normally will stay in Tysons Corner overnight....go to the stadium via 495, get off at exit 17 to Landover Rd, then to Brightseat Rd and onto Sheriff Rd to Grey parking lot. I park near the rear exit....and normally I am out of the parking lot and on 495 within 10-15 minutes of getting back to my vehicle after the game. I see the major parking jams on Redskins Road, and Arena Drive. I have not tried Morgan Blvd.....may have to try this season.....especially if I get Green B3 parking....

Also, it seems like it is a lot closer to the stadium than the Grey parking lot is.....

I live in Va. Bch....so when my wife and I come to the games, we normally will stay in Tysons Corner overnight....go to the stadium via 495, get off at exit 17 to Landover Rd, then to Brightseat Rd and onto Sheriff Rd to Grey parking lot. I park near the rear exit....and normally I am out of the parking lot and on 495 within 10-15 minutes of getting back to my vehicle after the game. I see the major parking jams on Redskins Road, and Arena Drive. I have not tried Morgan Blvd.....may have to try this season.....especially if I get Green B3 parking....

I did the same with my gray parking passes (route from 495, exit 17). It's a quick exit after the game because the gray gets it's own lane, basically, to the beltway.

The Green B3 lot is paved, and is considerably closer than the gray lot (especially if you don't go through the woods). And the exodus isn't that bad if you follow the info on here.

I posted a map a few posts above that shows my route to the Green B3 lot. You can take exit 15, but I go exit 13 for good measure. See you out there.

Fortunately, the secret of Morgan Blvd. still hasn't been figured out by 80% of green parkers.

A majority of the parking and traffic nightmare stories at FedEx continue to involve Arena Dr. or Redskins Rd.

The inexperienced game goers continue to fall into the trap of taking the first exit they see when approaching from the north on 495.

Yes. It's especially bad during concerts. From what I've heard from the Operations Staff, Exit 17 Landover Rd is a complete log jam, locked up bumper to bumper for miles, while Morgan Blvd is completely void, with the exception of an occasional tumbleweed. In fact, this is EXACTLY why they invented the B3 lot. It's to FORCE people to take Morgan, because they're too inexperienced or ignorant to figure it out on their own.

Before last season, B3 was just a normal green lot, but they had to do something to force people to take advantage of Exit 15, and better yet, Exit 13.