Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

This is the last year of my Club contract. I am hoping to get 4 in a row in my lower section next year so I still have 4 seats when the clubs drop off. Wonder how easy that will be..

If you seats are endzone I'd say it doable with a lot of negotiating on the phone. If you're trying for sideline I'd be surprised if it happens. This is assuming you had no agreement with them beforehand of course.

Prices were raised for the 2006 season. The non price raising streak began in 2007. That's 6 consecutive seasons without an increase.

Have to agree with C. Taylor. The way the Skins are wording the streak is perfectly accurate. The way you want to interpret it is what is wrong. They do not say 7 consecutive seasons without an increase. Either way, 6 or 7 seasons, is a long time with no ticket increase compared to all the other NFL teams.

If you seats are endzone I'd say it doable with a lot of negotiating on the phone. If you're trying for sideline I'd be surprised if it happens. This is assuming you had no agreement with them beforehand of course.

I'm in the endzone, 110. I'd like to stay there. Great section.

I'm in the endzone, 110. I'd like to stay there. Great section.

I think if you get hold of the right person at the right time you got a real chance. If you at first get a no, don't give up. Try for another agent at another time. Hope it happens for you!

Edited by HOF44

I dunno Mayor.......vast improvements?? The escalators were built but have been there a long time. The big screens are a hit but were about 10 years overdue. What are these other vast improvements you speak of?

Dan Snyder is the reason we are not winning? Uh.......yes, I'd say he was a big part of why this team was a friggin mess for his first decade of ownership. Firing Marty after one year, hiring a too-old to have staying power Joe Gibbs, and keeping Vinny Cerrato around for how long? Yeah, I'd say the owner has been a big problem. The past two years have been different, as he finally has someone in Shanahan who will tell Snyder the proper way to build a team.

"One of these days it will be impossible to get Redskins tickets or at a decent price..." Really? While the "quitters" (and I'm not one....I've been in the club for about the same time you've had tickers) have helped you in upgrading, over those 12 years, between the money they've saved on not buying preseason games and getting tickets on the secondary market at below face for games, have probably saved well enough money to make up the difference in what they may have to pay over face when the Redskins get good, even if for a considerable time.

"Im on the fence"

"I havent decided"

"I dont know"

I love you semi-Redskin fans! Thanks to you, my season tickets get better every season!

I enjoy your blind homerism, but you have to realize that many of us - including plenty of former STHers, feel that the season ticket thing is a sucker bet. Why throw money away when we can always get tickets at or below face and sit wherever we want?

The Redskins will never be "too good" to get tickets to again - period. I don't care how good this team gets - which of course remains a pipedream anyway.

The stadium is too big, the traffic is too bad, and home theaters are just getting better and cheaper every year.

"Im on the fence"

"I havent decided"

"I dont know"

I love you semi-Redskin fans! Thanks to you, my season tickets get better every season!

The Redskins have made vast improvements to the stadium, and the overall game day experience, every year. Yet for the 5th year in a row, tickets have not increased in price. You think Dan Snyder is the reason we are not winning? You are totally wrong.

Keep giving up on every facet of the team, try and spread the blame to everyone involved in the team.

Don't renew your tickets. Give other Redskins fans the chance to buy them. One of these days, it will be impossible to get Redskin tickets or at a decent price. You will wish you kept them.

This is my 12th season. From row 29 in 442, to row 8 section 138 for this season. Quitters like above, I thank you for the serious upgrades!

To be fair, some of the people who drop their tickets aren't "quitters", but rather folks who have other financial and time commitments and can't necessarily spend several Sundays doing the all-day FedEx Field routine and scream on a megaphone and drink half a bottle of scotch.

Between family life and a tight budget, I don't have the freedom I once did, and I now have to really consider whether STs work for me. For the most part, it comes down to money and time. But yes, I admit that the team's play has a little bit to do with it. Like any other rational consumer, I measure the satisfaction I get out of a product before I buy, and the Skins haven't provided much over the past several years. Not to mention the fact that I can barely give away the tickets I cannot use.

I am not a semi-fan, I'm just a guy who is trying to do the best I can for my household.

Keep giving up on every facet of the team, try and spread the blame to everyone involved in the team.

I always have to laugh at fools like this, people who think you're not a "real" fan unless you're spending huge amounts of cash. By that logic, the people who own suites are much better fans than you. Look how much they're spending!

What do you all think are the chances for being "upgraded" to the sidelines in terms of how long, feasibility, etc?

This past year I was moved from the upper level endzones to the lower level endzone 133, R7. This will be my fifth year as a STH and trying to figure out what upgrade option to check. Was thinking of checking the option to move 1 section closer to the sideline in a similar row, but wondered if we would get stuck in the corners. Really enjoyed my seats this year, being on the lower level is a huge difference compared to uppers, but would rather not be stuck in the corners.

Edited by derelicte

What do you all think are the chances for being "upgraded" to the sidelines in terms of how long, feasibility, etc?

This past year I was moved from the upper level endzones to the lower level endzone 133, R7. This will be my fifth year as a STH and trying to figure out what upgrade option to check. Was thinking of checking the option to move 1 section closer to the sideline in a similar row, but wondered if we would get stuck in the corners. Really enjoyed my seats this year, being on the lower level is a huge difference compared to uppers, but would rather not be stuck in the corners.

Unless you get lucky or had one of those club seat deals to get toward the sideline you have to go through the corner. I was in 230 2 years ago, then 235, last year 236, this year I'm hoping for 237.

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to pay your dues in the end zone and the corners for a long time. LL sideline is the one single zone in FedEx Field where demand still exceeds supply, and Skins management is well aware of this. They are not likely to give those seats away unless they are tied to some bloated package involving Club Seats or Tailgate Club or something like that.

Very few people on this board have reported being moved to the LL sideline, and those who have been moved have either been very longterm planholders or they made a deal with the ticket office involving the purchase of Club Seats for X number of years.

Edited by capcrunch98

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to pay your dues in the end zone and the corners for a long time. LL sideline is the one single zone in FedEx Field where demand still exceeds supply, and Skins management is well aware of this. They are not likely to give those seats away unless they are tied to some bloated package involving Club Seats or Tailgate Club or something like that.

Very few people on this board have reported being moved to the LL sideline, and those who have been moved have either been very longterm planholders or they made a deal with the ticket office involving the purchase of Club Seats for X number of years.

Ditto. Spent one year in lower level endzone. Spent last 2 years in corners. I'm simply hoping to work my way around within the same section to be a little closer to sideline this year. I doubt I move sections for a while.

Thanks for the responses. Figured we'd probably get stuck for awhile. Will give it a shot and if it gets unbearable (obviously in relative terms since we love being in the lower bowl) may just have to ante up for the club seats for a spell to get into the sidelines.

To be fair, some of the people who drop their tickets aren't "quitters", but rather folks who have other financial and time commitments and can't necessarily spend several Sundays doing the all-day FedEx Field routine and scream on a megaphone and drink half a bottle of scotch.

To be "fair", I don't drink Scotch, nor do I "scream" in a megaphone. See, if I didn't have a megaphone, I would have to resort to screaming, but since the megaphone amplifies my voice, normal talking will suffice.

How are you going to start your response, with "to be fair, yet unfairly judge me?

I didn't call all people not renewing their season tickets, quitters, but there are obviously people on this very thread, "quitting" on the team, for reasons that are not financial.

@Mursilis: One would say you are the fool, since nowhere did I imply that one's Redskins fandom was gauged in what they spent for tickets.

I didn't mean to attack you Mayor, but I found your initial post a little arrogant and off-base. People have their own reasons for not renewing. For me personally, it is tough because I have loved this team my whole life (and still do), but financial and time constraints may force me to give up my tickets.

And for what it's worth, every year there are a bunch of people on this board saying they are on the fence about renewing and might have to bow out, and then most of them end up renewing when the deadline rolls around in February and March.

I missed my first game in 13 years due to time constraints, so I know they exist.

My point was, all the ticket holders that have better seats, when they don't renew, it makes my seat better.

I have said in the past, I would prefer to see my season tickets before the season starts, to a friend, for exactly what I paid for them, because for the longest time, I have been able to secure good setas at 1/2, to 1/4 the price.

I also wanted to point out, Redskins tickets have not been this easy to get at a good price, or even to get period at one time, and that time will come again.

When it does, then having season tickets in my name, and a good section, will finally pay off, not for resell, but so I dont have to pay crazy money for a $100 seat.

At least that's what I keep telling myself!

I was a season ticket holder, and now I'm an ex season ticket holder. It used to be about 100/ticket to sit upper deck. I can sit lower deck for the same or club for 150 sometimes, and I don't have to pay for preseason. To me, it was a simple decision from a money standpoint. I used to try to convince my self that season tickets were worth it in case the team got better. But truth is, even if the team gets better, there are 91K seats, and I'll always be able to get a seat. Always.

I've been watching Stubhub prices all week for the two CCGs tmrw. A Pats fan can buy a pair of prime seats for the AFCCG for roughly the same price a STH would pay for two years of preseason games in the same seats. The ratio for the Niners is a little better for STHs bc they still have GA seating without seating licenses required, but that's soon to change. Either way, its the biggest games these stadiums will ever host yet tix can be easily had at market value, it simply a matter of what people are willing to pay.

I was a season ticket holder, and now I'm an ex season ticket holder. It used to be about 100/ticket to sit upper deck. I can sit lower deck for the same or club for 150 sometimes, and I don't have to pay for preseason. To me, it was a simple decision from a money standpoint. I used to try to convince my self that season tickets were worth it in case the team got better. But truth is, even if the team gets better, there are 91K seats, and I'll always be able to get a seat. Always.

Dock, probably closer to 80K now that they took out the end zone upper decks, but I see your point.

I didn't go to many games at RFK and only for the few I did make I sat in the lower bowl along the sidelines. I remember having to stand some during those games because the first row of seats was so low to the field that those folks would have to stand and thus cause a chain reaction. Because it was so long ago, don't remember how much I had to stand for those games.

Fast forward to FedEx and was able to get tickets for many games and sat in the lower bowl. By that time they had built the first row at the new stadium high enough up which supposedly alleviated the problem that existed at RFK. Don't remember standing at all during those two years.

Moved to the club level in '99 and first through the Skins and then purchasing from other sellers have been there since. We had relatives that wanted to see the Pats this season so we got two extra tickets for the game in the lower bowl. I figured that I'd sit down there for a game for a change. Well, I didn't do any sitting. The whole game I stood, and I attribute that to the construction of the dream seats which probably created the RFK situation all over again.

OK, what was the point of this rant? I'm still relatively young enough where I don't mind standing, and I know that a lot of people thinks it makes it more like a frenzied college atmosphere where everyone stands. But right now those seats are $110, and if the Skins get good again and start making the playoffs, you know those are going to rise. I'm thinking, given that Snyder hasn't raised prices in a whie, that he might go to $150 the next time around for lowers.

The question:Is it going to be worth $150 for people to consistently stand at games? Another question I have is the makeup of the lower deck crowd. Do you think its mainly STH-owned, or do you think a fair number of those seats are corporate? Judging by the amount of visiting jerseys I see, I'm inclined to think its the latter.

I'll be renewing my tickets next year. Did the Redskins suck? Yes, but they are still my team.

Is it a waste of money? It could be argued so. However, it's more of a novelty thing to me.

Saying "I am a Redskins season ticket holder" says so many things by itself. It's the passion for the game/team.

This will be my second season. Last year was my first, only because I was in Georgia in the army for 7 years. I love letting my old army buddies know that I am a Redskins season ticket holder (You wouldn't believe the sports-fights in the military - haha).

I know the Redskins haven't been doing to well for quite some time, but it's going to make it feel that much better once/if they turn things around. Either way, I'll be there.

Hail!

"If RG 3 is drafted by the Skins the demand will no doubt increase for tickets"

Here are the flaws in that logic:

*There are not a lot of Baylor fans in this area. A demand increase would occur, if we drafted a player with local ties. IE, Mike Vick, and VT.

*Redskin fans, the majority of, will not influx ticket sales, because we draft one player

*RG3, will not start day one, if we are able to draft him, so nobody would be clamoring to see a player sit on the sidelines. He might not even dress the first few weeks.

I have upper deck tickets on the 5th row on the home side and they cost 79.00 before taxes. I'm not sure where you are coming up with the 100.00 for upper deck. The 100 level seats are 99.00 for the most part.