Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Washington: Rogers Hopes ‘Skins Show Him the Money

authentic

I actually don't mind Carlos thinking he deserves this (though in my mind it's delusionary) but I do have a problem with him broadcasting it publicly. It's just bad PR. It's even worse PR on the eve of contract negotiations where we're all thinking about greedy athletes and how these bums make too much.

Carlos you are coming off a year where you missed A LOT of games due to injury and when playing contributed to one of the worst defenses in NFL history! This is not the time to be publicly crowing about how you deserve superstar money! I was his agent I would buy so masking tape and gag him for his own good.

Before he opened his yap I bet most on this board were rooting for him to stay, but now (at least in this thread) we're almost all against it. Shush.

I've got to believe that we're not going to be investing anymore big money into corners period.

With the exception of the Champ Bailey trade a few years ago, when have you ever known Mike Shanahan to invest alot of money into a corner?!

We'll be looking at major positions such as QB, OL, DT and LB but we'll be fundementally sound with our cash.

Of course, this is Daniel Snyder we'll talking about here and he always gets what he wants ;)

You wouldn't let Cooley go if someone offered a 2nd or 3rd rd pick?

---------- Post added February-17th-2011 at 02:15 AM ----------

why wouldnt i a 2nd round for a position of depth, yeah i love cooley but i can love him if he goes to another team hell i would love to see him play with a real qb maybe then he would get the credit he deserves and a chance to compete.

Carlomb continues to be delusional.

Ever since I saw this guy slugging around FedEx on Draft Day wearing an Affliction t-shirt and some wackass shades (in doors) I've wanted to bust his head open with a stick.

Can anyone name the corner opposite of Ike Taylor on the #2 defense last year? The Steelers are proof that a correctly run 3-4 defense doesn't rely on shutdown corners as much as it does depth and good safety play.

great point about the steelers cbs who are highly overrated. thats not to say though all 3-4 teams dont need corners just that dick lebau is a master mind and knows what he is doing. not to mention one of the best football players ever in troy

but i agree we dont need los, we need more pressure.

Carlos is going to get a nice reality check when he tests the open market. He seems like a nice guy, but the gravy train has left the station. Moss will have some offers, but it will be fair market value and the Skins will try to keep him if the price is right. I say we steal as many WRs we can get from Houston. They know the system and can have an impact (J. Jones). Lets hope.

Carlos is going to get a nice reality check when he tests the open market. He seems like a nice guy, but the gravy train has left the station. Moss will have some offers, but it will be fair market value and the Skins will try to keep him if the price is right. I say we steal as many WRs we can get from Houston. They know the system and can have an impact (J. Jones). Lets hope.

Since when is Jacoby Jones an impact player? He sucks and hes been given plenty of opportunity to be an impact player...look up his stats. He hasn't even ever put up Anthony Armstrong numbers.

Anyone that thinks that Carlos isn't a good corner is in denial. He's a top 20 corner in this league.

I wouldn't want to give him mega bucks but if we let him walk, CB becomes our biggest need just like that.

Exactly. A top 20 corner in the league, who wants to be paid like a top-5 corner. He didn't just come out in this interview and say "yeah, I think I'm an above average, top-20 CB in this league. And I expect to be paid like it". That's the problem. The way it is right now, there's virtually no way he doesn't test the FA waters....and that's a good thing.

---------- Post added February-17th-2011 at 01:05 PM ----------

You missed a tweet.

Darn! Is there something out there that makes twitter less....ungainly? Its impossible to keep up with all the updates, and I only follow like 30 people!

I have a great idea. He thinks he's worth $57 million huh? Well, here's a way for him to get what he thinks he's worth, and end up with what he's REALLY worth.

Put $57 million, in stacks of $100's, into an air cannon. Fire volley's of cash at him. After all $57 million has been fired, whatever he managed to catch, would be his offer.

In other words, he'd probably end up making about 7 million over 5 years.

Especially since he ****ed up the comparisons :ols:

I think the comparisons are dumb too. I can't believe the coaching staff is going to be looking at the stats, unless there's something that absolutely stands out. They should be people who can actually analyze how a player plays.

I think the comparisons are dumb too. I can't believe the coaching staff is going to be looking at the stats, unless there's something that absolutely stands out. They should be people who can actually analyze how a player plays.

I thought his agent sent in the stats? Comparing him to some of the top corners. Not the team looking at them on there own.

But, this is the 2nd time he has brought up Dunta Robinson.

1) He was the best CB on the market which is why he was overpaid.

2) You got all his stats wrong

3) Too many good corners on the market for you to get what you think you should get, let alone not being worth it.

Good luck Los.

I have a great idea. He thinks he's worth $57 million huh? Well, here's a way for him to get what he thinks he's worth, and end up with what he's REALLY worth.

Put $57 million, in stacks of $100's, into an air cannon. Fire volley's of cash at him. After all $57 million has been fired, whatever he managed to catch, would be his offer.

In other words, he'd probably end up making about 7 million over 5 years.

lol, now that's just rude :D

Archived