Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Washington: Rogers Hopes ‘Skins Show Him the Money

authentic

click for the rest

“I’d rather stick around here and play. I wouldn’t want to go nowhere,” said Rogers, who the Redskins acquired with the 9th pick in the 2005 draft. “I’d rather start my career here and then finish it here. But right now it’s about numbers and getting what you think you’re worth.”

Rogers, set to become a free agent when the league’s calendar year ends on March 3, said his agent hasn’t spoken with the Redskins since last Wednesday.

“He put a lot of stuff together comparing me to D. Hall, comparing me to a lot of other guys that got paid at my position over the last two or three years,” Rogers said. “My numbers are exactly around all those guys, besides interceptions.”

The Auburn product even provided insight as to how he and his agent are attempting to establish his market value, comparing himself to Dunta Robinson of the Atlanta Falcons.

“I’ve got more interceptions than him and he’s got a year on me. Atlanta made him one of their top corners, so you never know.”

Last offseason, Robinson signed a six-year contract with the Falcons that will pay him $57 million. The deal netted him $22.5 million guaranteed.

Carlos if you want anything in the neighborhood of $57mill, then all i can say is, 'it was nice knowing you'. :ciao:

I honestly laughed when he said' date=' “[b']My numbers are exactly around all those guys, besides interceptions[/b]." Think about how many drops this man has had... $57million to swat balls? We can draft a younger guy that will learn from DeAngelo & force TURNOVERS. :)

yeah, i definately got a chuckle out of that.

Good corners are hard to find.

But yeah, the "aside form the INTs" is funny. Though to be fair he has a point. Somebody correct me, but I think he's still a good tackler, cover corner, and doesn't get into crap like Haynesworthless does.

Here's hoping Rogers has earned a good paycheck here, and we go into next season with two good corners, Rogers and Hall.

This is one of the rare cases where I hope we let our "home-grown" talent go and pay that money to a FA. With Clark and Pierce, I don't think we should have done that.

But with Rogers...if he wants that much ****ing money, and won't take less, I'd rather spend it on J. Johnson....you know, get a CB who's actually worth the top-5 money Rogers is demanding, and is actually 3 entire years younger. Rogers is old, for how long he's been in the league.

Or, better scenario probably, don't spend top-5 money on another corner.

Good corners are hard to find.

But yeah, the "aside form the INTs" is funny. Though to be fair he has a point. Somebody correct me, but I think he's still a good tackler, cover corner, and doesn't get into crap like Haynesworthless does.

Here's hoping Rogers has earned a good paycheck here, and we go into next season with two good corners, Rogers and Hall.

I agree that he isn't a bad corner. But on a team that switched to the 3-4 in hopes of more turnovers, Rogers doesn't do more than just get the job done. I would love to keep him, but for the money he is asking, it just doesn't seem worth it. :/

What he fails to understand is that INT's is what get you money. Tackling and the fundamentals will keep you in the league, if you really wanna get paid catch the ball period. Good luck to you bro, I am sure their is a cheap young corner who can offer what he has if it isn't already on the roster...

This is one of the rare cases where I hope we let our "home-grown" talent go and pay that money to a FA. With Clark and Pierce, I don't think we should have done that.

But with Rogers...if he wants that much ****ing money, and won't take less, I'd rather spend it on J. Johnson....you know, get a CB who's actually worth the top-5 money Rogers is demanding, and is actually 3 entire years younger. Rogers is old, for how long he's been in the league.

Or, better scenario probably, don't spend top-5 money on another corner.

yup, and problem is we've already have $50mill invested in Hall. So to invest another $50mill into Rogers would be lunacy.

Honestly, right now I'm wishing we had kept Tryon. Is a 6th/7th round pick worth having to probably use a higher pick on a CB, or spend big bucks on one? Probably not. And he was capable of being a physical corner here.

Of course, if we turn around and give Rogers' money to JJ and then draft a gem in the 6th, I'll change my tune :D I just used to really like the young depth we had at corner. And now its down to Westbrook and Barnes, with Barnes being looked at for FS.

Archived