Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Washington: Rogers Hopes ‘Skins Show Him the Money

authentic

I agree that he isn't a bad corner. But on a team that switched to the 3-4 in hopes of more turnovers' date=' Rogers doesn't do more than just get the job done. I would love to keep him, but for the money he is asking, it just doesn't seem worth it. :/[/quote']

Agreed. With so many holes on this team, that money can be spent better elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left and Walt Harris-ed. I can see an up-and-coming team like the Lions overpaying him. Good luck CR.

How can you say my numbers are close to those "except interceptions". ? What numbers are you really comparing as a CB that matters? I understand Passes Defensed and all that... but INTs are a major major part of CB play. If you're just not getting passes thrown your way because you're that good.. then that's one thing... if you're getting them and DROPPING them, then that's an entirely different story.

All I hear from this guy is, show me the money! We get it man, you want to get paid.. you feel your as good as anyone (besides INTs).

I would rather let him walk with that attitude and get someone who gets a majority of the INTs.

---------- Post added February-19th-2011 at 12:12 AM ----------

Carlos is criminally under-rated here. I hope we pony up.

I don't see how? He has missed some games in his career here, and I can't think of one single play in a game he missed where I thought to myself "man, if only Carlos was in there".

Sure, he is a really good corner, but he is definitely not shutdown, not a game changer, not a 57 million dollar CB...no way, no how.

Los essentially has been shown the door already but hasnt figured of out yet. Skins have communication going with players in the teams plans moving forward. The fact that its the middle of February and los hasn't talked or heard from them at all speaks volumes. I guess he can't catch the hint which isn't surprising.

Los essentially has been shown the door already but hasnt figured of out yet. Skins have communication going with players in the teams plans moving forward. The fact that its the middle of February and los hasn't talked or heard from them at all speaks volumes. I guess he can't catch the hint which isn't surprising.

:ols: nice play on that...Interesting though.

I like Carlos but his dropped ints cost us games! Not to mention he'll be 30 by the start of next season. I'd rather go Jonathan Joseph if the price is equal or Richard Marshall for slightly less. If you're going to spend, spend on youth & these guys are 3 yrs younger than Carlos....

This isn't a Ryan Clark or Pierce situation IMO. Carlos is good, but his hands hurt him significantly and his age has to be accounted for.

Everyone keeps saying "I like Carlos", etc....separate from however you all feel about his talent, why? He's been a malcontent on this team for awhile. He constantly talks about his next contract and what he deserves. He's been known to quit on his team.

Is it just an attempt to appear objective? Like saying "Listen, I like Albert Haynesworth, trust me...but he's a piece of ****."

I used to jokingly call the Skins drafting of Carlos in 2005, as the 'wrong Rodgers.' (Still wonder how that would have turned out with Aaron learning behind Brunnell with the Gibbs/Saunders/Williams coach combination.)

That said, Carlos is now a solid, but not spectacular CB, with NFL seasoning and experience in Haslett's system. He's the "Army" to Hall's "Air-Force" style of play. So he'd be a decent talent to have on the roster (at some point we have to let that #9 pick label stop coloring what he's developed into) ....but he's not top-tier talent at CB.

From the Skins FO vantagepoint. a big deciding factor would be whatever salary number the Skins and Rogers get close to. If Rogers doesn't budge from that 57 million, then he won't be resigned. Any number lower than that would be compared versus what CB talent the Skins might get for that kind of money on the open market. But if Rogers offers the Skins a 'local discount' (not likely it seems) then he'd proabably be back with the team again.

No doubt the Skins FO feel there are reasons for wanting a deep "local discount". Carlos is 30 with a few more years left, but with increasingly longer injury history. It appears he may not be a plus for team chemistry, and there are questions on how hard he plays when he feels he isn't getting what he 'feels' he's worth. He's not a fan favorite with all those drops (especially the drop in the playoff against Seattle) and that infamous "cushion" he tends to offer the opposing WR. He seems to have worn out his honeymoon period with Haslett. Worst of all, his lengthy injury time at the end of the season, didn't allow him to make a good impression heading into off-season decision-time. (While I'm not that keen on Barnes, Buchanon and Westbrook -- Haslett probably noted how they seemed to fill somewhat adequately for Rogers.)

All that tends to lead me to believe that Carlos will NOT be back with the Skins. And frankly, he might be better off getting a fresh start with another city, .

Archived