Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Washington: Rogers Hopes ‘Skins Show Him the Money

authentic

You wouldnt move up to get a "lock down corner"??? Peterson maybe, as hes a top 5 pick easily, it would cost too much. If we could move some players and not picks, maybe though. Prince is right there w/ Peterson but Peterson brings return skills also and maybe a little faster. I dont know where your looking, Ive seen Smith anywhere from 15-25ish and is moving up boards. let me guess, you want Gabbert or Newton (sigh)

As ridiculous as you find some of us wanting a QB....that's how we look at you wanting a CB. We've invested enough into our secondary the last decade....and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. Even when we had "top" defenses, they were not dominant units.

Its the front 7 that needs to be invested in, and heavily. That's what makes a 3-4 run, not the secondary. Look at the Ravens and Steelers. Now look at their CB's. Yeah. The front 7 makes those guys look competent.

If we don't take our franchise QB at #10, which is a probability that I'm fine with, I'd rather we spend it on an elite DL/OLB prospect, rather than a CB. Never mind trading UP for a CB :doh: I don't care how good they are.

As ridiculous as you find some of us wanting a QB....that's how we look at you wanting a CB. We've invested enough into our secondary the last decade....and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. Even when we had "top" defenses, they were not dominant units.

Its the front 7 that needs to be invested in, and heavily. That's what makes a 3-4 run, not the secondary. Look at the Ravens and Steelers. Now look at their CB's. Yeah. The front 7 makes those guys look competent.

If we don't take our franchise QB at #10, which is a probability that I'm fine with, I'd rather we spend it on an elite DL/OLB prospect, rather than a CB. Never mind trading UP for a CB :doh: I don't care how good they are.

I agree. Trading up would be absolutely ridiculous. The only situation I'd be ok with selecting a corner would be if peterson fell to 10. He is a freak athlete. Anyone else, no. But if Peterson makes it to 10 by some will of God, then we have to take him. He's BPA probably by the 3rd pick. He'd be that by a mile at 10.

You wouldnt move up to get a "lock down corner"??? Peterson maybe, as hes a top 5 pick easily, it would cost too much. If we could move some players and not picks, maybe though. Prince is right there w/ Peterson but Peterson brings return skills also and maybe a little faster. I dont know where your looking, Ive seen Smith anywhere from 15-25ish and is moving up boards. let me guess, you want Gabbert or Newton (sigh)

You just answered your own question. We have no picks to give up. Nobody wants our players. And no, I wouldn't move from 10 to 5 to take a CB. I wouldn't call Peterson or Prince "lock down" CBs. Very talented, not Revis/Asamough lock down.

Definately don't want Newton. No way. Gabbert only if he fell to us and was the highest rated player on the board. I don't think either QB will be there. I think Buff/Ariz/SF will take either of them. I'd rather get a 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB opposite Orakpo. I think next to NT (which you don't take at 10) those 2 positions are the most important.

We have so many holes, just getting a DE, OLB or WR (Julio Jones) at 10 would be great. My preference is to drop down and pick up an extra pick along the way.

Why did you (sigh) me? Do you think everyone in here wants a QB? And we don't need any more return guys. Banks, Austin and Buchanon (if we re-sign him) is enough depth to return kicks and punts.

You proved my point for me.....Why re-invest on a player that has been here and hasnt gotten our D over the hump? I only said to trade up if it were players involved NOT PICKS, present or future. If he leaves, that is just another void to fill. I disagree with your opinion on a secondary. If you have a great secondary, you create some sacks and turnovers......its called a coverage sack and on some of those you may get a strip. It is a unit and feed off one another. A secondary can help an average front as I just explained and a great front can create things for a weak secondary w/ their pressure. As this league turns to more passing and multiple wideout formations, you better have a good secondary. How many sacks did the Steelers have in the SB? I think one, where was that dominate front 7? IRRELEVENT cause the Pack spread them out and found there usual 20 yard gains on double post routes.

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

You just answered your own question. We have no picks to give up. Nobody wants our players. And no, I wouldn't move from 10 to 5 to take a CB. I wouldn't call Peterson or Prince "lock down" CBs. Very talented, not Revis/Asamough lock down.

Definately don't want Newton. No way. Gabbert only if he fell to us and was the highest rated player on the board. I don't think either QB will be there. I think Buff/Ariz/SF will take either of them. I'd rather get a 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB opposite Orakpo. I think next to NT (which you don't take at 10) those 2 positions are the most important.

We have so many holes, just getting a DE, OLB or WR (Julio Jones) at 10 would be great. My preference is to drop down and pick up an extra pick along the way.

Why did you (sigh) me? Do you think everyone in here wants a QB? And we don't need any more return guys. Banks, Austin and Buchanon (if we re-sign him) is enough depth to return kicks and punts.

Arizona could be interested in McNabb and Cooley and #10 to move up. Weisenhunt dont have too much time to restart w/ a rookie QB so McNabb could be a good stop gap to groom their young guys they played at times this year and they NEED a TE. Von Miller will most likely be off the board and I also seen alot of tape where he speed rushes himeself right out of the play or the QB ducks under for a big scramble, looks to have 1 move. I also seen him make plays when the QB held onto the ball (because of coverage) I would be OK w/ Jones at WR but like Jonathan Baldwin in the second round better. I dont say take Peterson BECAUSE hes a returner, I just said that is why his stock is more then Prince.

I (sigh) at the idea of drafting QB at 10 when we could probably get a Stanzi or Ponder w/ our 1st 5th rd pick.

We have too many holes, and too few picks as it is, to move up. IMO. Hope Shanny & Co. find some guys that would really fit in here, and we trade DOWN.

We have too many holes, and too few picks as it is, to move up. IMO. Hope Shanny & Co. find some guys that would really fit in here, and we trade DOWN.

Why do people have selective reading? I DIDNT SAY TO GIVE UP PICKS TO MOVE UP. If we cant move up by trading players then NO. Im just saying I would rather let Carlos go then resign him, the CBA is unresolved so $$$ isnt an issue as we dont know what a cap may be.

Yeah....Rogers ain't coming back. Al Davis just set the market for an average, older CB (after setting the market for excellent CB with NA).

They just signed mediocre (but blazing fast!) CB Stanford Routt to a 3-year deal worth over $30 million. He's 28 very soon. ****ing ridiculous.

Source: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41762092/ns/sports-player_news/

Stanford Routt's three-year deal is worth $31.5 million, including $20 million over the first two years.

You read that correctly. No team in the league values Routt as highly as the Raiders. They managed to drastically overpay even though they were essentially bidding against themselves. Routt is a versatile corner, but it's laughable to hand him two-thirds of Nnamdi Asomugha's salary.

What a joke. Rogers is hyperventilating right now, out of excitement.

Yeah....Rogers ain't coming back. Al Davis just set the market for an average, older CB (after setting the market for excellent CB with NA).

Source: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41762092/ns/sports-player_news/

What a joke. Rogers is hyperventilating right now, out of excitement.

just because the Raiders overpayed for a player doesn't mean anyone else in the league will pay Rogers because of this contract....I mean the Raiders are a ****ing joke.

Arizona could be interested in McNabb and Cooley and #10 to move up. Weisenhunt dont have too much time to restart w/ a rookie QB so McNabb could be a good stop gap to groom their young guys they played at times this year and they NEED a TE. Von Miller will most likely be off the board and I also seen alot of tape where he speed rushes himeself right out of the play or the QB ducks under for a big scramble, looks to have 1 move. I also seen him make plays when the QB held onto the ball (because of coverage) I would be OK w/ Jones at WR but like Jonathan Baldwin in the second round better. I dont say take Peterson BECAUSE hes a returner, I just said that is why his stock is more then Prince.

I (sigh) at the idea of drafting QB at 10 when we could probably get a Stanzi or Ponder w/ our 1st 5th rd pick.

I'd be OK sending McNabb to Arizona for a 3rd. I know you didn't feature Peterson because of his return abilities, but you added that in there to maybe somehow convince me. I just don't see going for Peterson or Prince because Los will be gone. I feel Barnes could start at CB. Re-sign Buchanon, we still have Westbrook for spot duty and find a CB in the later rounds for depth.

Really what has Barnes shown you that he could be a reliable starter at CB - He did show flashes last season but at FS . . . . It is typical of the Redskins fans to see nothing wrong with forking over possible 20-30 million to and outsider Philip Buchanan who is actually older than Rogers than actually pony up for an orrigional Redskins player .

Really what has Barnes shown you that he could be a reliable starter at CB - He did show flashes last season but at FS . . . . It is typical of the Redskins fans to see nothing wrong with forking over possible 20-30 million to and outsider Philip Buchanan who is actually older than Rogers than actually pony up for an orrigional Redskins player .

PB is a Redskin, played nickel. he would come cheaper then 'Los BUT isnt starter material. I would resign him to keep him in last years role.

Phillip 20-30 million? Lol no way in hell

Phillip 20-30 million? Lol no way in hell

You think not . In a weak FA class for CBs (Face it Grimes and Joseph are going no where and will cost 10-20% more than rogers even if they hit FA) Buchanan could really push his luck and demand a 3-4 year contract in the mid 20-30mil no problem .

The top earner is going to be Asomugha and Cromate may make big money .

Barnes I reitterate has shown nothing - NOTHING to make me think he could ever be a starting CB - poor footwork and undersized . He could be a decent 3rd option but no thanks ...

Rogers may need to lower his demands - but then we have no idea what the market is going to be like - it could be that the when the CBA is eventually reached the cap and expectations of players salaries increases like it did last time by another 10-15% ...

The thing is I really don't think we will resign Rogers and then we will have a GAAAAAPING hole in the secondary - (especially considering I dont think we will end up addressing FS adequetly) We don't have the pass rush that can shield **** CBs and i don't see us developing one overnight . Rogers will go to the cowboys, the Cowboys will say thank you very much for helping us address one of our glaring needs and solidify the secondary again and we may very end up watching him playing thoughout january into february in the silver and blue ...

Archived