Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Washington: Rogers Hopes ‘Skins Show Him the Money

authentic

Rogers would be loved if he were a 3rd round pick. Unfortunately for him, he's a top 10 pick. Fans just expect more.

Solid player. Can't catch.

I like Carlos. And that basically says it all.. he's a solid cover corner with bad hands.

he's not a shut down corner, but he's good enough that you're confident lining up against pretty much anyone in the league.

That said, he's not Revis. He just isn't worth the money he thinks he is.

On the other side.. he's obviously a better cover corner than Hall. Hall can change a game for the good or bad. He can jump the route and get that INT, but he can also jump a route and miss and get burned for a TD. I've seen both quite a few times.

Hall is overpaid, by a lot.

Carlos obvioulsy knows how much Hall is being paid which is already too much. So for us to keep Rogers and keep him happy, you'd have to screw up twice by paying Carlos too much too.

Not going to happen.

So Carlos will be moving on. Which scares me. Cause that means we put Hall against the top WR and then either Barnes or Buchanon on the 2nd. That scenario doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

I see too many "OMG, we dont have anything if Carlos goes" and we dont on our roster and really cant afford for the defense to get WORSE. Brass has to have a plan......dont they?? Cant believe hed play that card w/ D.Robinson, maybe thats because he is close to a "shut down" corner so he doesnt get thrown to and he also has been plagued w/ injuries. Brent Grimes is now the hot ticket FA in Atlanta. WHY? Cause they threw his way opposite of Daunte. Unfortunately, there isnt that good of a FA class so we probably resign him UNLESS brass is thinking draft. I dont think Peterson or Prince will be there at #10. Jimmy Smith (the more I read and see...I LIKE) and others are considered bottom 1/3 of round 1.

Apparently no one here seems to think so, but i was actually impressed by Buchannon this season making plays. I remember him especially coming through in the clutch against the Colts when we needed 3 straight stops to get the ball back and have a chance. He was in on 2 of those bat aways i believe. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a shot at the starting job.

I'm sorry, but there is no way the Redskins are showing him the money unless he gets us some interceptions. If we do keep him, he will be sitting on the sideline. During practice, he will be working on his handwork. I'm not a big fan of Shannahan, but unless he see's some potential of handwork being developed, Rogers does not hit the field.

Better yet, here is a better idea. Hire Darrell Green to work one on one with Carlos Rogers. Maybe he will improve.

I'm sorry, but there is no way the Redskins are showing him the money unless he gets us some interceptions. If we do keep him, he will be sitting on the sideline. During practice, he will be working on his handwork. I'm not a big fan of Shannahan, but unless he see's some potential of handwork being developed, Rogers does not hit the field.

Better yet, here is a better idea. Hire Darrell Green to work one on one with Carlos Rogers. Maybe he will improve.

I dont think you can teach "hands". If its a physical (hand size) or mental (concentration)--------Carlos has neither. I would let him ride and even move up to at least get Prince (leapfrog Dallas) or Peterson OR move down a couple slots and get Jimmy Smith, the more I read and see, I LIKE. BIG corner w/ fluid hips and mature and a study guy.

Green is not who you want working on someone's hands. That was the weakest part of his game. He should have had double the INT's he has.

I would rather have D Green...even at his age....time for Los to move on.

I dont think you can teach "hands". If its a physical (hand size) or mental (concentration)--------Carlos has neither. I would let him ride and even move up to at least get Prince (leapfrog Dallas) or Peterson OR move down a couple slots and get Jimmy Smith, the more I read and see, I LIKE. BIG corner w/ fluid hips and mature and a study guy.

I would never move up to get a CB. Especially the 2 you mentioned. And Jimmy Smith isn't even rated a 1st rounder as far as I've heard.

What a joke?? Show Carlos Rogers the door not the money.

Carlos, do what you do best and just 'drop it'.

Newsflash: your not even the first/top CB on the team?! How the hell can you think you are in the same league as the top CBs in the league, if your not even the top CB on your own blank-ity-blank team?! That automatically puts you in the bottom half of the league of CBs?? You think your stats are on par with the top CBs in the league "besides the interceptions" thing?? That is like saying I have just as much political clout as President Obama (except for the 'being president' thing). Second newsflash: Carlos you've racked up those stats against the second best wide receivers in the league not the best (and still fell grossly behind in interceptions & drops compared to those who ARE taking on the top wide receivers in the league).

There is a whole lot more to playing cornerback, than just catching the football and he is pretty good at the rest.

Criminally underrated by Redskin fans. Good luck RoDgers.

Uh, that's not how you spell his name. And while he's underrated around here, the level of pay he's expecting is highly overrating him.

I would never move up to get a CB. Especially the 2 you mentioned. And Jimmy Smith isn't even rated a 1st rounder as far as I've heard.

You wouldnt move up to get a "lock down corner"??? Peterson maybe, as hes a top 5 pick easily, it would cost too much. If we could move some players and not picks, maybe though. Prince is right there w/ Peterson but Peterson brings return skills also and maybe a little faster. I dont know where your looking, Ive seen Smith anywhere from 15-25ish and is moving up boards. let me guess, you want Gabbert or Newton (sigh)

Archived