Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taco Bell Lawsuit - That Ain't Beef

Dan T.

Lawsuit to Taco Bell: Where's the beef?

AP

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110125/ap_on_bi_ge/us_taco_bell_lawsuit

Do you care that Taco Bell's "beef" tacos, burritos, and chalupas may not be all that beefy? Or are you satisfied that you can get a cheap, edible meal 24/7, even if the "seasoned beef" may only be 35 percent actual beef?

I don't eat there very often, but I like Taco Bell. And honestly, I don't care what percentage of their "beef" is actual beef. It does surprise me that it has taken this long for a lawsuit to pop up in this society. People have been talking about this for years, and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that a lot of their contents are not of the highest quality. It is not like they are intentionally trying to fool people. If someone thinks that they are getting USDA Choice beef at Taco Bell, they have other issues.

I noticed that they market a lot of their menu items as "Beefy" -- "Beefy" Crunch Burrito, "Beefy" 5 Layer Burrito... Not "beef" but "beefy". Hmmm.

That, sir, is an excellent point. That had annoyed me for some reason, but there is probably a point to it. They also utilize "cheesy" as well.

Why can't I sue McDonalds because a quarter pounder with cheese does not have real cheese on it?

it's pretty amazing that expectations have fallen so low that people literally don't think restaurants should have to tell the truth about what's in their food. "eh, i figured it was probably seasoned cardboard. tastes alright anyway." pretty pathetic that some are willing to let corporations take advantage of people to that extreme. it's not like ground beef is some exotic, expensive product. it wouldn't kill them to use real ingredients.

it's pretty amazing that expectations have fallen so low that people literally don't think restaurants should have to tell the truth about what's in their food. "eh, i figured it was probably seasoned cardboard. tastes alright anyway." pretty pathetic that some are willing to let corporations take advantage of people to that extreme.

First Google hit on "Taco Bell ingredients" = http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/ingredientstatement

Scroll down for a complete ingredient list for their seasoned ground beef. It wasn't hard to find.

it's not like beef is some exotic, expensive product. it wouldn't kill them to use real ingredients.

They fill a niche. Cheap food fast. It's very simple...if they used all real ground beef, they could not charge $.99 for all those menu items.

One day you might learn what a good taco tastes like. I pray for you. :(

i know full well what a good taco tastes like.

taco bell, you can definitely argue that it's not a real taco, but it tastes good to me. i don't think i'm eating good mexican....if i want that i go to the local mexican joint.

i know full well what a good taco tastes like.

taco bell, you can definitely argue that it's not a real taco, but it tastes good to me. i don't think i'm eating good mexican....if i want that i go to the local mexican joint.

But then how can others look down on you?

Archived