Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skinny jeans.....I dont get it?

shuler74

I wear levis 514 jeans which are labeled skinny on the tag. They aren't skin tight at all. They but they are a lol tighter than the average Jean they are perfect for the non gay who doesn't like baggy pants

Same. And Bull Head skinnies from PacSun, which have a similar feel. They're definitely not skin tight, and they're really comfortable.

Thing is stick.. more often than not... that college humor type response from someone over 30 says a lot about where they are personally and professionally. Just sayin. No jab meant to our younger folks in Skins Nation.

:ols:....and then there are people like you that probably don't have any friends because they're so uptight.

What does getting a laugh out of and name calling a ridiculous fad "gay" on a message board have to do with professionalism? Honestly if finding "skinny jeans" amusing makes you immature, sign me up.

You can continue your quest to defend "ghey fads" and maturity, ill continue to laugh and shake my head every time I see a wanna be dudes wearing them.

Kosher, man, I think you're over thinking this. Out of all people around here, I wouldn't expect this from you ha. This is more like an ACW sort of question (just jokes ACW).

Ouch. No comparison, I dont sweat game shows.

I was hoping for a response from a woman. For some reason guys don't get that part of it.

I want to know why women wear these types of jeans and if they expect men to do it for the same reasons, or if it is a possible issue.

Things were gay before internet folks started saying ghey because the word gay was banned. The spelling means nothing. And L, you never answered my question about women wearing them. Jeepers creepers.

oh i missed your question sorry.

I don't think women like them at all. Maybe just a fad for kids, but even my teenage nieces think they are silly.

in the 90's we went to the baggy jeans extreme with jnco jeans and the like, so they are swinging in the complete opposite direction now.

The skinny jeans were in style in the 80's usually worn with stretch jeans material for obvious reasons. There were also other baggy jeans that tapered down to the leg, not really tight but a good taper nonetheless. A really good tailor would make that look good. In the 90's they borught back the bell bottoms and that was the worst. Skinny jeans does not look good on big guys. Baggy jeans are always good and i'm not talking about the ghetto style where your boxers are showing all the way down to your knees style. I have big legs and baggy jeans are the only ones that will fit me. Most football players would probably need baggy jeans to fit their thighs. Some pants I had to wear 2 -3 sized bigger to fit me.

Like most people have stated, styles and fads come and go. Skinny ties were the style in the 60's , came back in the 80's and are back now. Actually nowadays, the style for ties is anything goes. Paisley is back again, so are big ties, skinny ties, average ties. Anything goes according to GQ.

A lot of New Wave bands wore skinny jeans of differing tapers or 'skinnyness'. It is better to see girls with the really skintight jeans though. Next thing you know those Miami Vice leisure suits would be cool again. Who knows? You can still be really fashionable if you dress safely and conservatively. No one will know the difference if you wear a Polo Ralph Lauren oxfoird shirt form 1983 or 2011.

Ouch. No comparison, I dont sweat game shows.

I was hoping for a response from a woman. For some reason guys don't get that part of it.

I want to know why women wear these types of jeans and if they expect men to do it for the same reasons, or if it is a possible issue.

I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans and I actually really like them. They make my legs look super long and skinny and my butt look good so hey, I feel sexy in them (and no, this thread is not useless without a pic :silly:)

Soo I guess I just wear em cause I like how they look and they're kinda boot cut anyway so all my boots fit over em. I hate when guys where them though. Ugh disgusting. They just look uncomfortable for men.

oh i missed your question sorry.

I don't think women like them at all. Maybe just a fad for kids, but even my teenage nieces think they are silly.

But...I don't think they look silly on girls - if you wear em with boots and a tunic type shirt they can look cute!! Btw, good to see you around these parts again, I feel it's been a while.

Wow....6 pages worth of guys questioning other guys' sexuality over the cut of their jeans...while HAVING A SIX PAGE DISCUSSION OVER JEANS FASHION?!?!?!?!?!

PS Look at any mid 80's photo of Metallica...yup, skinny jeans

Now close this thread and man the hell up.:ols:

I guess you can put me in the minority that thinks skinny jeans are fine on guys when used correctly. However, most guys cannot pull them off. Then again, most girls cannot pull them off either.

As for whoever was looking for a girl's reason for wearing them - they generally accentuate your ass in a way that boot cut jeans do not :)

Oh, and skinny jeans should NOT be confused with jeggings which are never acceptable/flattering/good looking!!!!!!!!!!

Since when are 514's skinny jeans?

Right?

And it’s not like skinny jeans on guys are a new thing – guys in the ‘50s wore pretty tight jeans (and really short shorts too, btw). Check out the Ramones, metal bands in the 80s, etc. That being said, just because a pair of jeans is slightly more form fitting than a pair of boot cuts doesn’t make them skinny jeans.

I'm 6'4" and wear levi's 514s. According to this thread, I'm flaming :pfft:

Archived