Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Jason Reid to leave Redskins Insider

GenMgr

Many will disagree but I'd like to see someone who roots for the Redskins as a beat writer. Not a FAN, but a journalist who is pulling for the team, not trying to take shots at management or stir up drama from player quotes.

I see other teams have articles that talk about players that should be utilized more and strategy that should be implement in future games... rather than he said/she said drama.

The Post seems to pick people that aren't excited about the Redskins or they seem to turn them into that type. Granted, we fans aren't very easy on the press ourselves, but I'd really welcome someone who would clearly prefer to see the Redskins do well.

Cool. So everyone on here can have someone else to hate on. Let's all hate on people who are just trying to make a living! Woo!

It all depends on the job the next guy does if they hated on or not. Like I said, I hope they give it Rick Maese. The guy always has actual quotes & does a good job. He doesn't sit there giving his opinion & hate on the team like Reid did. Reid had basically been using the WP Insider blog as his own personal vendetta column anyways. The WP has had three consecutive awful beat reporters on the Skins beat in Nunyo, JLC, & Reid. Hopefully, after yesterday's Owner's Summit, where Ted Leonsis blasted the WP for the way they cover the area's teams, the WP has taken notice & this is their way of initiating change for better coverage that we, the fans for whom they write for.

It all depends on the job the next guy does if they hated on or not. Like I said, I hope they give it Rick Maese. The guy always has actual quotes & does a good job. He doesn't sit there giving his opinion & hate on the team like Reid did. Reid had basically been using the WP Insider blog as his own personal vendetta column anyways. The WP has had three consecutive awful beat reporters on the Skins beat in Nunyo, JLC, & Reid. Hopefully, after yesterday's Owner's Summit, where Ted Leonsis blasted the WP for the way they cover the area's teams, the WP has taken notice & this is their way of initiating change for better coverage that we, the fans for whom they write for.

Agree 100%. When Mark Maske was in that spot, it was the best for us fans. It had nothing to do with winning, because the Skins sucked then as well. But, it had everything to do with having the team feel comfortable with him to provide real news and facts.

It seems as though the recent hires are using this position as a launching pad into a better job instead of actually taking on the responsibilities of what the position holds. This seems to be why they write about drama and create negative spins to everything. Thats what sells to the general public.

I don't usually buy into the media bashing that goes on at ES, but the WP has had a huge void since Maske.

Agree 100%. When Mark Maske was in that spot, it was the best for us fans. It had nothing to do with winning, because the Skins sucked then as well. But, it had everything to do with having the team feel comfortable with him to provide real news and facts.

It seems as though the recent hires are using this position as a launching pad into a better job instead of actually taking on the responsibilities of what the position holds. This seems to be why they write about drama and create negative spins to everything. Thats what sells to the general public.

It's no secret that Maske was moved off of the Redskins beat because the WaPo felt he was too buddy-buddy with the team. Since then, it's almost as if folks in that role go out of their way to go as far as possible in the other direction. Like TK, I also have a great deal of respect for Rick Maese. He's very good at what he does and I hope he steps into the lead role for the Redskins beat. And if they're smart, the WaPo will hire someone along the same lines as Maese to be his backup on the beat.

It's no secret that Maske was moved off of the Redskins beat because the WaPo felt he was too buddy-buddy with the team. Since then, it's almost as if folks in that role go out of their way to go as far as possible in the other direction. Like TK, I also have a great deal of respect for Rick Maese. He's very good at what he does and I hope he steps into the lead role for the Redskins beat. And if they're smart, the WaPo will hire someone along the same lines as Maese to be his backup on the beat.

Murf for Insider!

Archived