Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

I've seen enough of Cam Newton,

I hope he doesn't come here.

theres absolutely 0 chance shanny drafts him. he threw like 5 passes past the line of scrimmage tonight, overthrew a ton of wide open guys, and took like 3 snaps from under center. hes just a physical freak that everyone is gonna gush about, he'll sell a ton of jerseys to whatever stupid team drafts him, and he'll flame out. and in 2 years some other kid just like him will come along and repeat it all over again.

obviously nobody saw "the vince young story".

Even Boise State is able to beat these two teams.

Auburn National Champion? ... meh

sure but they can't beat Neveda lmfao.. These 2 teams deserved to be in this game period. TCU is the only team an argument could be made for and there defense is nasty but there SOS stinks.

I agree with all of your points except James. He had a few nice plays, but I wouldn't want to waste our 2nd on him or a third if we somehow end up with one.

hes rated the 6th best RB on espn, probably a 2-3 rounder. we have no RBs that can catch passes out of the backfield, and no homerun threat. he could be that guy for us.

not saying he will be or that shanny would take him, but i want us to have a guy like this at some point in the near future.

theres absolutely 0 chance shanny drafts him. he threw like 5 passes past the line of scrimmage tonight, overthrew a ton of wide open guys, and took like 3 snaps from under center. hes just a physical freak that everyone is gonna gush about, he'll sell a ton of jerseys to whatever stupid team drafts him, and he'll flame out. and in 2 years some other kid just like him will come along and repeat it all over again.

obviously nobody saw "the vince young story".

Its not about what he's done. Its about what Shanny thinks he can do with him.

Guys, this is probably the worst game Cam played all season. His touch was WAY OFF. If it's even decent tonight, Auburn runs away. Auburn isn't in this game today without Cam.

I agree this was by far his worst game of the seaason. For the peple who only watched him today then they will have a bad judgment of him. And it wont be the true judgment but its all they know so they will argue people who like him.

But if you saw the whole season and watched the plays he made to win games and in the context of other games then you all while having to go thru all the media stuff you know what a special player he is.

But like I said if this your first time watching him then i dont even expect you to have an idea of what he did this year because it hasnt been done before so you have no real gauge of it. But he would benefit from another year of college but with all the scandals i think he comes out.

Guys, this is probably the worst game Cam played all season. His touch was WAY OFF. If it's even decent tonight, Auburn runs away. Auburn isn't in this game today without Cam.

If he can't handle the pressure of a big game, then he REALLY should NOT be a Redskin!

I've got agree with this, that was Cam at 50%.

Its too bad he's going into the NFL would have really enjoyed seeing him next season.

oh well....I guess mediocrity awaits Cam in the NFL.

Its not about what he's done. Its about what Shanny thinks he can do with him.

True to an extent. However, it isn't a stretch to say that Newton might take a good amount of time to get used to an NFL offensive system (especially one as specific as the Shanahans as far as how they want it run) and I have a hard time seeing Shanny draft a guy in the top 10 who is likely to be more of a longer term project. If he gets his guy at 10, he is going to want him to be at least somewhat close to being ready to play in his first year (ala Cutler).

Newton will go top 10 if he comes out to much physical ability and upside. He has bigtime stats over 50 td's this season 28td's passing, high completion % just sick stats that scouts will use to make arguments to backup his physical ability. And he has won 2 championships in his last 2 full seasons of college and at Blinn junior college it was mostly passing only had 600 yards rushing.

Newton will go top 10 if he comes out to much physical ability and upside. He has bigtime stats over 50 td's this season 28td's passing, high completion % just sick stats that scouts will use to make arguments to backup his physical ability. And he has won 2 championships in his last 2 full seasons of college and at Blinn junior college it was mostly passing only had 600 yards rushing.

I really hope you're right and someone takes him high.

Archived