Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

Newton will go top 10 if he comes out to much physical ability and upside. He has bigtime stats over 50 td's this season 28td's passing, high completion % just sick stats that scouts will use to make arguments to backup his physical ability. And he has won 2 championships in his last 2 full seasons of college and at Blinn junior college it was mostly passing only had 600 yards rushing.

ROFL. No. I agree he may go in the 1st round if he has a great agent (maybe he can ask his daddy) but QB's never go in the draft as early as 'the experts' say. Even this year all the QB needy teams I would be willing to bet that he doesn't go in the first 10 picks.

Nope. Don't care about either team. Auburn and Oregon played like ****. Boise State could have beaten either of them. VT may have been able to as well with how they closed out the season. Same could be said of Stanford. A Playoff system is needed.

As for Newton he is awful and did nothing tonight to prove he is a 1st round caliber QB

Newton: My dad spoke to NFL agents but I had not idea he was doing it. LOL

Because VT played like real world beaters against Stanford? What they need to at least is to not have the bowl games a month after the season

theres absolutely 0 chance shanny drafts him. he threw like 5 passes past the line of scrimmage tonight, overthrew a ton of wide open guys, and took like 3 snaps from under center. hes just a physical freak that everyone is gonna gush about, he'll sell a ton of jerseys to whatever stupid team drafts him, and he'll flame out. and in 2 years some other kid just like him will come along and repeat it all over again.

obviously nobody saw "the vince young story".

He threw plenty of deep balls this season and actually got better at it as the season went on and he adjusted to this level of college football. Theres a reason that Mel and the other scouts and draft experts say he is already ahead of Vick, Young, and Tebow throwing the ball at the same point in there career. Mel said the only thing wrong with his throwing is his system and he is going to take time to adjust to a NFL system...just like all young qb's do.

Cam Newton This Season

Throws of 20 or More Yards

First 8 Gms Past 5 Gms

Comp pct 34.5 66.7

Yds per att 15.6 25.0

TD-Int 4-5 8-0

Its hard to read those stats so ill just post the article site http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/cam-newton

You VT homers need to give it up. VT is 0-23 all-time away from Lane against top 5 teams. What in the WORLD would make you think they could beat Auburn or Oregon tonight in Arizona?

Just because team A beats team B doesn't mean that team B can't beat team C later in the season. That's why I think a playoff is needed

Yeah, beating Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU aren't primetime or anything..

And he was average tonight. In arguably the biggest game of his career. Bama and LSU were tougher opponents than the Ducks but still, Newton almost phoned it in for the national championship.

No hijack for the thread but, let me ask this guys, who's the better team in all US? right now.

I can only saw three teams in the season, LSU, Cali and five or six games of Boise.

Auburn went perfect in the SEC and should have blown this game out. It's Auburn regardless of a sloppy game.

And he was average tonight. In arguably the biggest game of his career. Bama and LSU were tougher opponents than the Ducks but still, Newton almost phoned it in for the national championship.

On a game where he didn't play he's best he goes for 20/34 265 2TD 1 INT and you call that average. When the last time we had a QB that Average that come on buddy.

I still think Alabama is the best team in the country.

Agreed.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

On a game where he didn't play he's best he goes for 20/34 265 2TD 1 INT and you call that average. When the last time we had a QB that Average that come on buddy.

If you've watched all of Auburn's games, you'd understand why he's saying that. Cam clearly wasn't right tonight.

Did you watch the game or just look up his stat line?

Let me know of any NFL offense who runs 37 bubble screens in one game. Let me know of any NFL QB who can stare down his receiver, who is the only read he goes through, and is still successful.

Cam is a heck of a college player. Will he get drafted round 1? Probably. Will he win some games? Probably. Will he ever win a Super Bowl as starting QB? No.

he also lost a fumble in a critical situation. that rookie RB saved his ass most of the night. a guy who rushed for like 100+ a game had like 60 on 22 carries tonight.

newton looked weak tonight.

Cam was playing injured half the game, going for x-ray's right now.

The main Auburn player that the redskins need to worry about drafting is Wes Byrum. He could be our kicker for the next 15 years. imho.

Shoulder or wrist? I know he came down hard on his shoulder on one 10 yard run. But I saw something on the Auburn board about his wrist. He must have been hurting. He was sitting by himself after the game and that's not like him at all.

Archived