Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

If you have never seen Newton play (or you don't normally watch college football), you are most likely going to come away from tonight wanting to not only draft Newton, but trade up for him.

I don't personally think he's a good play for us, but I can already picture the threads that are going to start tonight or tomorrow.

I'm expecting fireworks tonight from both teams, can't wait.

I'm rooting for LaMichael James. I really hope some way, some how shanny drafts him next season. Even though he doesn't draft RB high, I would really like him on the redskins.

If you have never seen Newton play (or you don't normally watch college football), you are most likely going to come away from tonight wanting to not only draft Newton, but trade up for him.

I don't personally think he's a good play for us, but I can already picture the threads that are going to start tonight or tomorrow.

I remember Vince Young having that same effect on his last game in school.

I don't understand how he's not a good fit for anyone. Do u not think he is smart enough to learn the Shanahan offense??

I don't understand how he's not a good fit for anyone. Do u not think he is smart enough to learn the Shanahan offense??

Not at all. I don't question his intelligence at all (maturity maybe, but not intelligence).

What ever team drafts him is going to have to basically build their offense around him and his skills. All personnel moves would be centered around Cam, and many current players (Torain off the top of my head) would not mesh well with the type of O Newton will need to be in to have a chance to excel.

Not only have we shown that we are not going to do this with a proven veteran (so why would we do it with a rookie?), but the risk in going all in on a player with character concerns for the next 5 years is too great for me.

Everyone should remember its the DAD with character concerns not the QB...just saying.

I will not rehash my previous thoughts on Newton's character. Those can be found at post #192 here. These views will not change despite what I expect to be an amazing performance tonight.

Not at all. I don't question his intelligence at all (maturity maybe, but not intelligence).

, but the risk in going all in on a player with character concerns for the next 5 years is too great for me.

Everytime you post this it just shows that you haven't watched or listened to a one of his interviews this year. I've seen him talk several times about going from waking up in the middle of the U of Fl. to waking up in the middle of a cow pasture, how much his time at Blinn matured him and how grateful he is that he got a second chance to play at a Div. 1 school. He's talked all this week about using his influence in a positive way and how much he looks up to Tebow. He said in an interview yesterday that he wasn't mature enough to play at Florida. He's mentored kids weekly since July at an Auburn Elementary School and he spent Christmas at a homeless shelter. There is a lot more proof that he has done a lot of growing up since Fl. and NOTHING in two years to indicate that he is the same immature 18 year old.

I'm not saying we need to draft Newton and I agree with Tris if we do draft him the offense will have to built around him and make the road back that much longer. And yes ConnSkin those are narrow criteria but even if he did know about his dad's requests for money did he actually take any funds? And Diplomat how many college kids get some help on an exam? Not saying its right but that happens more than anyone would to admit... The stealing does concern me but like ConnSkin said we really don't know all the facts.

You forgot to mention that he is so down to earth he drives a moped around campus. A moped! What a guy.

I've heard plenty of interviews and seen plenty of smiles and plenty of sound bites. I'm in SEC country too RCS. I believe Newton knew about what Cecil was doing. That is recent enough to continue a pattern that I don't view as typical of a future franchise QB.

Archived