Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

Oh god, is it always the same few crying racism on this forum? You guys are throwing that around way too easy.. that's a serious thing and to try and pull the race card on an internet forum when debating football talent is lame, low, cheap and shows that you obviously lack the ability to create a strong case for you Cam love affair. You think if you go that race route that people are gonna all of a sudden change their minds? Most people won't change anyway, but if you have any chance of making them believe it definitely isn't gonna happen by using the weakest and most ignorant tool possible.. the race card.

I don't want a raw, project QB with a ton of questions marks. I just want the right guy, I don't care if he's pink, green, black, white, teal, doesn't make any difference to me or to anyone else who pulls for the Redskins. Grow up and learn how to present a case.

Oh god, is it always the same few crying racism on this forum? You guys are throwing that around way too easy.. that's a serious thing and to try and pull the race card on an internet forum when debating football talent is lame, low, cheap and shows that you obviously lack the ability to create a strong case for you Cam love affair. You think if you go that race route that people are gonna all of a sudden change their minds? Most people won't change anyway, but if you have any chance of making them believe it definitely isn't gonna happen by using the weakest and most ignorant tool possible.. the race card.

I don't want a raw, project QB with a ton of questions marks. I just want the right guy, I don't care if he's pink, green, black, white, teal, doesn't make any difference to me or to anyone else who pulls for the Redskins. Grow up and learn how to present a case.

Here's the thing. While I don't think most of the commentary here has much to do with race, when people start comparing Cam Newton to Jamarcus Russell as an "athletic" QB, I think it's absolutely appropriate to blow the whistle on racism. Jamarcus Russell is not athletic. Jamarcus Russell is a fatass who ran for 142 yards in his last season at LSU. Cam Newton ran for more than TEN TIMES that amount. There is only one logical explanation as to why this "athletic" comparison is being made.

Explain why you think he is not smart enough to learn Kyle's offense, I mean do you feel this way because he's black. What are your indicators?

Jesus...Christ...

Criticizing black QBs is not automatically racist. YOU are the one bringing race into the discussion. I think that makes YOU the racist.

I have heard plenty of people claim that Newton is not that bright. Same thing with Ryan Mallett, but I don't see you complaining that anyone is saying that because he is white.

Jesus...Christ...

Criticizing black QBs is not automatically racist. YOU are the one bringing race into the discussion. I think that makes YOU the racist.

I have heard plenty of people claim that Newton is not that bright. Same thing with Ryan Mallett, but I don't see you complaining that anyone is saying that because he is white.

Those people who say that about Ryan Mallett almost invariably compare him to Jeff George and Ryan Leaf. Why doesn't Mallett get a comparison to Jamarcus Russell? Both are lazy, stupid QBs with huge arms. The comparison is apt. Here's why... race and QB evaluations are inextricably linked. This is America. Race matters. We have a long history that you cannot ignore of racial issues in this country. Sorry dude, we don't live in some fantasy land where race has nothing to do with anything.

The latest article and photo of Cam Newton hugging his father at the stadium after the game, when Auburn claims that they had an agreement with Cecil that he would not attend the game, shows more than I want to know about Cam Newton. In the article, he supposedly was looking for his father at the stadium after the game. Which, I would guess, means Cam was in on it.

We need to let the Cam Newton family make their money on some other team's payroll. We have already had our fill of questionable characters. IMO.

You honestly think that a father wouldn't miss the biggest game of his son's career? Another thing...you'd be insane to think that Auburn had no clue that he wouldn't attend. The "agreement" was between Auburn and Cecil Newton and NOT the NCAA. Non-issue IMO...but it adds more fuel to the fire.

Those people who say that about Ryan Mallett almost invariably compare him to Jeff George and Ryan Leaf. Why doesn't Mallett get a comparison to Jamarcus Russell? Both are lazy, stupid QBs with huge arms. The comparison is apt. Here's why... race and QB evaluations are inextricably linked. This is America. Race matters. We have a long history that you cannot ignore of racial issues in this country. Sorry dude, we don't live in some fantasy land where race has nothing to do with anything.

And you're reaching, clawing.. trying to hang on a silly debate.

Until you come up with a stronger debate for Cam, then nobody will change their mind. In your defense tho, it's very hard to make the case for Cam because he is so raw and there is nothing to look at on him other than this year at Auburn. Crying racism is low, go find another forum to debate that.. this is a football board.

You feel he makes the throws, is smart or for whatever reason he's an NFL qb. other people don't.. who really cares? I feel that Tebow isn't an NFL QB and so far, he's proving he just might be! Maybe Cam will do the same thing.

*edit* Oh, for the record, I thought Bradford wouldn't make it either.... so far he is also proving me wrong. SO my evaluation of QB talent is definitely ... no good. =p

The Lakers - Suns game said it all. SCAM sitting courtside and the Ducks in the nosebleeds.

Yea I just feel like he is a salesman kinda. I mean how's he gonna react if he doesn't play for the first year or 2 in the NFL? Leave like he did in Florida? Where he also has a lot of "smoke" in the form of cheating on tests and stolen computers? And these are just the things he got caught on..

Then went and pretty much sold his talent to the highest bidder? I'm not sure he will be the right guy to step in and accept either .. A. Riding the bench a year or 2. B. Riding out possibly 2+ losing seasons while he's starting for us.

The Lakers - Suns game said it all. SCAM sitting courtside and the Ducks in the nosebleeds.

You don't know what you're talking about....

During the second quarter of the game, Newton was interviewed in one of the tunnels of the U.S. Airways Arena by ESPN’s Heather Cox. After that interview, John Ireland of KCAL 9 interviewed Newton near seats normally reserved for the Suns cheerleaders just behind one of the baskets. (Ireland told me this morning it was he who directed Newton to that area because security complained that Newton’s interview on ESPN had blocked the tunnel.)

For the game, Newton was seated in Section 113 in the lower bowl while many of his teammates were in seats scattered around the arena in both the lower and upper level of the building. Auburn Sports Information Director Kirk Sampson was with Newton throughout the night to handle media requests that came up before and during the game.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/did-barkley-get-cam-sweet-seats-kiss-my-a-29401

The musings of a true racist.

This thread needs a reboot.

Cam newton is not a NFL ready qb at this point and time. Newton at best is a 2-3 year project and even then he has to change his game to be succsesfull at the next level. Is newton a good long term prospect for a team with a established qb, yes but that team is not the Redskins.

The latest article and photo of Cam Newton hugging his father at the stadium after the game, when Auburn claims that they had an agreement with Cecil that he would not attend the game, shows more than I want to know about Cam Newton. In the article, he supposedly was looking for his father at the stadium after the game. Which, I would guess, means Cam was in on it.

We need to let the Cam Newton family make their money on some other team's payroll. We have already had our fill of questionable characters. IMO.

I don't know where the BCS announers got their information that the coaches, athletic dept. and the Newtons decided it would be better and less of a distraction

for Cam is Cecil didn't attend the game.

Cam was interviewed by ESPN on Jan. 5th and asked if his Dad would be at the game. He answered then that ALL his family would be there and they would be "Loud and Proud". There never was a ban on Cecil attending Auburn games. He is not allowed to be at the Athletic Department and has limited access to the football program. He has been at almost, if not all, of the games but has to furnish his own ticket and does not sit with the other parents.

Is this the best you can do? I mean, Good Lord! A father wanting to see his son play in a National Championship game. Such criminal activity. I'm surprised the FBI wasn't there to arrest them. :ols:

Edited: 01/13

According to Cecil Newton's attorney, Cecil was not in attendance at the game. He watched from a location nearby and then came to the end game as soon as it was over.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-13/attorney-cecil-newton-did-not-attend-game

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 02:35 PM ----------

:bsflag:

I can't believe some of the crap being posted here to bash Cam. He was brought down to courtside by ESPN for tv and a radio interview. After the half he went back to sit with other teammates.

I admit I haven't seen him play before other than that National Championship game...didn't find his performance very impressive but I can see he has talent and good measurables.

I watched every game this season. The good news is that the BCS game was his least impressive game.

2011-01-10_5528.jpg

2011-01-10_5535.jpg

Plus, a strong OL never hurts...

2011-01-10_5770.jpg

2011-01-10_5880.jpg

2011-01-10_5930.jpg

2011-01-10_5940.jpg

I admit I haven't seen him play before other than that National Championship game...didn't find his performance very impressive but I can see he has talent and good measurables. We need a QB that is closer to starting than Cam is imo.

He played that game in pain from a back injury. Wasn't his usual self but good enough to win.

Archived