Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you do if pats wanted the #10?

mikeumd

I saw this on another forum but this is the scenario

Pats have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds.

Lets assume they win the SB.

This would put them at picks 17,32,33,62,74,94.

Scenario #1:

Lets say the Pats want our #10 pick and the #17 pick they will not part with. What would you ask for in exchange?

Would #32 and #33 do it? Would you take #33 as well as #74 & #94? What combinations would be enough to make us trade down .

Scenario #2:

Lets say they are willing to part with #17 as well as any of the others in the first 3 rounds. What deal would you accept?

Rules:

This must be a "fair" trade in that the value must be reasonable (i.e. - no saying "Thai I'll trade #10 for all of their picks")

The 10th is worth the 17th and 32 or 33rd.

There is no trade scenario for the 10th that the Skins should accept that does not include the 17th.

Not only that, there is no way the Pats make that trade. Why would they give up 3 picks to move up 7 spots? They've never been the type of team to move that aggressively for a player.

The only scenario that wouldn't include the 17th is if they gave the 32nd, 33rd, another of their 2nd rounders AND their 1st next year.

But who are we kidding? They will find somebody to trade their 17th and move down and down and down. Get great players and a million picks for the future.

damn, that would be frigin sweet ... would love to have that kind of draft ammo ... especially if we could also trade Dmac, Haynesworhtless and ACarter for additional picks.

I'd definitely do #17, #62 and #94 for our #10 ... they'd still have like 8 picks in the first three rounds, and we could potentially find another starter or two.

You need to ask yourself......did the Patriots ever make a trade where they didnĀ“t rip there trade partner. If they want to trade there must be someone special.

It all depends who is availible.

Bingo! I'm not sure I would ever make a trade with the Pats.

But who are we kidding? They will find somebody to trade their 17th and move down and down and down. Get great players and a million picks for the future.

That they'll just keep trading until Brady and their core players retire. Then they'll be able to completely reload in one offseason, even if they trade up to get a player they want.

For me to make that trade with them, it'd take their entire draft. But that's just me & I really hate those ****ers. :)

Took the words out of my keyboard.

I'd want to stick it to them like we stuck it to Mike D and the Saints when they wanted Williams that year. If you want it you gonna pay out the freaking nose for it or GTFO. I hate the damn Patriots sorry cheating pieces of ****

I really like all the defensive prospects that are going to be available where we pick. They would probably have to give us #17, #32 or #33, and #74 or a trade of later picks or something.

As previously said though, I don't see the Patriots doing that and given their type of success we'd end up with all scrubs and they'd get a perennial all-star. I actually like our draft picks though as long as we don't spend our 1st rounder on a Quarterback not named Gabbert (Luck obviously is not going to be there and I don't think Gabbert will be either).

You need to ask yourself......did the Patriots ever make a trade where they didnĀ“t rip there trade partner. If they want to trade there must be someone special.

Exactly. If they want the #10 we need to figure out who they wanted.

A 3rd rounder for Duane Starks, a 5th for Doug Gabriel. Most of their draft day deals are standard, they often take less than full value (like the Jerod Mayo trade-down). They tried desperately to trade uo for Vernon Carey.They aren't infallible.

If it's a trade that makes sense for us, do it.

Well, let's consult the "official" NFL draft trade value chart. Here are the values for each pick for 2011:

10 - 1300

17 - 950

32 - 590

33 - 580

62 - 284

74 - 220

94 - 124

So a "fair" trade would be our 10 for their 17, 74 and 94. Personally....I would insist on the 17 and 32/33.

Archived