Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you do if pats wanted the #10?

mikeumd

A 3rd rounder for Duane Starks, a 5th for Doug Gabriel. Most of their draft day deals are standard, they often take less than full value (like the Jerod Mayo trade-down). They tried desperately to trade uo for Vernon Carey.They aren't infallible.

If it's a trade that makes sense for us, do it.

Thank you I was about to post the same thing. The Patriots rarely lose trades but they do on occassion.

As far as the OP I would like to get their #17. I don't like the idea of dropping all the way to #32 but once the draft boards become more clear I could certainly be comfortable with it.

Well, let's consult the "official" NFL draft trade value chart. Here are the values for each pick for 2011:

10 - 1300

17 - 950

32 - 590

33 - 580

62 - 284

74 - 220

94 - 124

So a "fair" trade would be our 10 for their 17, 74 and 94. Personally....I would insist on the 17 and 32/33.

This scenerio is preferable. Having said that

10 for 32, 33 and 74 just slightly favors them in points

10 for 32 or 33 (not both) AND 62, 74 and 94 again just slightly favors them

Well, let's consult the "official" NFL draft trade value chart. Here are the values for each pick for 2011:

10 - 1300

17 - 950

32 - 590

33 - 580

62 - 284

74 - 220

94 - 124

So a "fair" trade would be our 10 for their 17, 74 and 94. Personally....I would insist on the 17 and 32/33.

Any fair trade would be any trade agreed to by the parties involved.

I wouldn't do any trades whatsoever with Belichick. The magic of his wheeling-and-dealing lies within the fact that he capitalizes on other's stupidity (or lack of information) and is stingy as sin when it comes to trading something of actual value (if he'll trade it at all). Nah, I wouldn't trust the Patriots organization in any kind of trade; avoid them like the plague, please.

Any fair trade would be any trade agreed to by the parties involved.

So you think our 2nd and 4th for McCrap was a "fair" trade I suppose. Or perhaps the two draft picks we gave up for Campbell? Just sayin'.....

"fair" is in the eye of the beholder....and the fans often think a lot differently than the two teams who made the trade.

This is not how the patriots do business. Yes it would be nice to pick up picks from them since they are loaded..but they do not just give them away. They like keeping there draft picks. If anything they will trade one of them away for a better pick in next years draft (example: Got Carolina's 33rd overall pick this year for Armanti Edwards...hmmm)

They are most likely going to be Super Bowl Champions with a very young team.... what do they really NEED??? They have plenty of picks and I could actually see teams giving more picks to the Pats for the Pats earlier picks... The Pats do it right. They are always competitive/playoff contenders/super bowl bound, and have a ton of talent and draft picks...

Archived