Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

its easy ...

he's not play a glamour position and all he does is show up, and by all accounts play his ****ing ass off.

now, i'm not going to pretend i know alot about him, but the little i do is enough to always remember him as a honrable redskin.

i hope he sticks on with us for a long time after his days on the field are done.

if we had 53 PD's we would not be in the shape we are in now.

Totally agree. Daniels has worn the colors proudly and has always given his best.

It would be good to see him remain in a coaching capacity.. if anything strength and conditioning,, the guy is a physical marvel.

T be perfectly honest, if he wanted to come back and play, i wouldn't kick him out. I dont care how old he is. There's definitely a place for a guy like him.

~Bang

this should go up as the new ES banner....

On if Shanahan didn’t put the team first by benching Haynesworth: “I think it’s the other way around. I think he puts the team first because he won’t let one guy come in here and destroy what we have. You put the team first when you think about the future and the things we have to do. If you don’t practice, you don’t play and that’s putting the team first and giving us the best chance to go out and be successful. He has to understand that. Coach Shanahan is doing a good job of that. He knew what we were missing last year. He knew we missed a lot of practices. The first thing they looked at when they came here, I bet, was how many practices everyone missed. You’ve got to change something. You can’t just sit there and keep letting it happen. That’s what he’s trying to do.”

couldnt agree more. hes putting the team first in front of guys with crappy attitude that might be talented. ala devin thomas, ala albert haynesworth, ala putting portis in his place.

shanahan is changing the culture/attitude of this team as a whole, and people are crying about it.

its truly shocking to me how impatient people are being with this team/staff/schemes. everything is brand new, were 12 games in, sitting at 5-7, and people want everything blown up and want to go back to what jim zorn had. its disturbing.

I was hard on Shanahan yesterday for sitting him, but if Daniels is coming out and saying stuff like this, with him being a veteran leader on the team, then it can't be taken lightly.
Ditto. Props to PD93 for speaking his mind.

Unfortunately for us, unless Albert changes his stripes soon, this appears to be a hopeless lose/lose situation for the 'Skins.

You know, despite everything that happened earlier in the season, I was still backing Haynesworth, and when he had that great game in Tennessee, I was even more behind him. But this takes the cake. We need this bum off the team, trade him to the Vikings or something for a 3rd or 4th. Keep him inactive for the rest of the season, let the players who might be here next year try to gel and learn each other before the offseason.

Totally agree. Daniels has worn the colors proudly and has always given his best.

It would be good to see him remain in a coaching capacity.. if anything strength and conditioning,, the guy is a physical marvel.

T be perfectly honest, if he wanted to come back and play, i wouldn't kick him out. I dont care how old he is. There's definitely a place for a guy like him.

~Bang

I agree...even rebuilding teams can't have 53 24-year olds. He's a great example for a young crop of players.

Daniels is one of the few people on the planet who could walk into a dark alley with Haynesworth and be the one who walked out.

Yep...he's a bad man!

You people who have been defending Haynesworth this whole time need to take some time off and work yourselves introspectively. Do a serious inventory of your lives and square up your morals.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 02:34 PM ----------

Shame that Phillip will be gone next season... and Albert will still be here stealing money.

There is 0% chance Haynesworth is here next season. ZERO...

You people who have been defending Haynesworth this whole time need to take some time off and work yourselves introspectively. Do a serious inventory of your lives and square up your morals.

While I cannot understand defending AH or his actions, I think you need to keep it in perspective a bit....no need to go that deep.:pfft:

When I see AH, I see EVERYTHING that's been wrong with this team....malcontent$ like him are the reason our beloved franchise is in a perpetual vicious cycle of suck. Instead of rallying around adversity....his type chooses to cower. It's pathetic but 99% (the other 1% are Maddenites or the types that start "Somewhat in defense of Albert Haynesworth" threads) of the people saw it coming and the Redskins FO deserves it for investing in someone with such a spotty history.

It's AH folks....embrace the SUCK.

Love PD though. Declining? Yeah.....but still a warrior.

Originally posted on another thread:

Adam Schefter just said live on ESPN that Haynesworth will NOT be released during the season because it would essentially reward him for bad behavior since he could sign with the team of his choice for more money. He also said he would likely be traded AFTER the season.

Now this makes sense. You can't possibly cut him, then let him walk to make even more money. That would send a terrible message to anyone else just looking for a paycheck.

Archived