Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

Agreed. Whenever I hear someone say you should play them anyway, I think of the scene in Hoosiers where someone fouls out and the only person left to go in is someone he benched earlier in the game because he wouldn't do what he was told. He said, 'My team is on the court' and played with 4 players. Now, I know it's only a movie, but it gets the point across that you have to have rules and people understand you don't compromise them when it gets difficult.

Great "Hoosiers" analogy. That us the type of mentality we need around Redskins Park.

Man that's beautiful. I mean, it's not good news, but it's great to hear it like that.

I wish ol' PD would come back to the board and chat w/ us again...although if he's ever glanced at it after a loss, I'm sure he's staying far away as possible

I wish every player felt the way PD and Orakpo have felt this week. Then I'd know the future is bright.

We don't know that they don't. Stephon Heyer might be the hardest working, most intense, most caring player in the league for all we know....but if a guy can't play, it doesn't matter. Our team is giving it all they have..we just need more talent.

Agreed. Whenever I hear someone say you should play them anyway, I think of the scene in Hoosiers where someone fouls out and the only person left to go in is someone he benched earlier in the game because he wouldn't do what he was told. He said, 'My team is on the court' and played with 4 players. Now, I know it's only a movie, but it gets the point across that you have to have rules and people understand you don't compromise them when it gets difficult.

This. Anyone who has been on a team before knows you don't care how good someone is, if they are a distraction or aren't giving full effort you don't want them on the field. The debate of punishing the team is bull****.... You are setting this team back if you allow this bull**** to continue. Talent is a huge factor but at a certain point a good hardworking overcomes talented players.

Granted we do not yet have that talent but Shanahan is instilling the discipline to have that cohesiveness once we hopefully attain enough talent.

I'm from the Annapolis area where lacrosse is huge some of you may know. I played lacrosse and many of my friends' parents are hall of fame lacrosse players so we always ask them about their best team. It's funny because each person we've talked to said that there was one year where they were hands down the best team in the league just incredible amount of talent. Everyone knew it, especially them. So they acted like it. Gave little effort, showboated, half-assed practice and in the end they would get beaten.

So then we ask them about their championship team because we had inaccurately assumed that they would be the same. They said that their championship year everything came together. Usually it was after their embarrassing season where they had a lot of talent and lost but not always. Each ex-player said that everything clicked because they had a good amount of talent but everyone was on the same page starting in the summer and ending with the championship.

The logic applies here as well. If they might have benched some of the arrogant players who weren't giving effort they may have done better because people like that are a disease. They spread to other players and that in turn makes the whole team worse. The only thing punishing the team would be to allow such a player to play. We NEEEED more talent to be competitive, but more importantly we need a change in culture and i am not saying Shanahan will definitely succeed in bringing that, but hey at least someone's trying to change things around here.

I get this...and it's somewhat good I guess that PD is saying something....

But where the **** is the fight on the field from the players who are playing? Not being as talented as another football team is one thing. Getting mauled by division rivals and looking like you're not ready at all is another...

AH has been a disaster but if you're calling him out, call yourselves out...cause you're damn embarrassing right now. And you're the ones actually playing that can effect that...

I get this...and it's somewhat good I guess that PD is saying something....

But where the **** is the fight on the field from the players who are playing? Not being as talented as another football team is one thing. Getting mauled by division rivals and looking like you're not ready at all is another...

AH has been a disaster but if you're calling him out, call yourselves out...cause you're damn embarrassing right now. And you're the ones actually playing that can effect that...

Phillip Daniels is a 37 year old backup .... that's like expecting a golf cart to put in the work of a sportscar....

If you read his other quotes he says he's not that good practical says he plays for the minimum and that he wished a player with AH talent would try harder

I am about to get ripped to shreds here. I love team spirit and accountability, but I must ask a few question. Are we once again lookign for a quick fix? Haynesworth is what he is, but he wasn't on the field yesterday. Are you saying that his backup was so weak that it cost us the game? Threads like this single one player out. Why not make a thread that covers the 4 players that couldn't stop or slow down any of the Giants running backs? The issue of singling out one player is what I call the "Jason Campbell effect." Everyone gets so caught up on one player, that we start to think that one player is the cause of all the issues. Then when he get's traded or cut, we wonder why the numbers don't look better. Please don't be too rough on me, as I was just posing an honest question.

I was typing this as fwo40 was typing his reply. We seem to be sort of saying the same thing.

I am about to get ripped to shreds here. I love team spirit and accountability, but I must ask a few question. Are we once again lookign for a quick fix? Haynesworth is what he is, but he wasn't on the field yesterday. Are you saying that his backup was so weak that it cost us the game? Threads like this single one player out. Why not make a thread that covers the 4 players that couldn't stop or slow down any of the Giants running backs? The issue of singling out one player is what I call the "Jason Campbell effect." Everyone gets so caught up on one player, that we start to think that one player is the cause of all the issues. Then when he get's traded or cut, we wonder why the numbers don't look better. Please don't be too rough on me, as I was just posing an honest question.

I was typing this as fwo40 was typing his reply. We seem to be sort of saying the same thing.

Yep this was my gist...I'm all for rah-rah, but damn even backup players should make tackles once in awhile. Fat Al may suck, but him playing shouldn't be the difference between winning and get the ever-loving snot beat out of us. Daniels might be venting some frustration here, but a lot of it should go on the guys that did suit up and sucked up the place.

i sent PD a message via his PERSONAL FB page.... <i have spoken with him several times there, kooool guy!>....anyway, i thanked him for what he said and i gave him the link to this thread so that he could see for himself that Redskins Nation is behind him 100%.

Exactly what I said...I don't understand where all this Haynesworth hate is coming from when he didn't even play yesterday.

When compared to the Giants, are we truly that bad, or did our players performance lack heart and work ethic?

We have a pretty ****ty oline against arguably the best d-line in the league ... Portis and Torrain are injured ... we are transitioning between two defensive schemes pretty ineffectively .. 'Los and Landry were injured.... Our third receiver is Roydell WIlliams and even our punter is average.

It sucks to say but i think we may actually be that bad

Exactly what I said...I don't understand where all this Haynesworth hate is coming from when he didn't even play yesterday.

:doh:

It's CUMULATIVE

Skipping OTAs

Arriving to camp out of shape

dogging it on the field

dogging it in practice

arriving late to team meetings

Albert is not a football player, he's large man with phenomenal strength and athletic ability. A football player would not lay on the ground while his teammates are busting ass to stop the opposing QB

We have a pretty ****ty oline against arguably the best d-line in the league ... Portis and Torrain are injured ... we are transitioning between two defensive schemes pretty ineffectively .. 'Los and Landry were injured.... Our third receiver is Roydell WIlliams and even our punter is average.

It sucks to say but i think we may actually be that bad

That is a cup of coffee that we all must drink. I accept the fact that we are a bad team. It still hurts to see guys just arm tackling and no execution. After the second turnover, I was just laughing out loud. I watch a game till the end, even if it was 100-0. I like to see players show promise for the next game/season. I didn't see any promise yesterday. It seems that the team just flat out gave up. I think the Giants were playing with backups on their O-line. They were making holes the size of canyons, while we could barely keep from gettnig knocked back 5 yards. Here's to progress. We are one game better than last year and this is only Shanahan's first year. I hope he turns this team around.

Perhaps the most disturbing part of Daniels’ comments is this:

“He was in his seventh year when he got here. I heard that from other guys that played with him, Randall Godfrey, Joe Salave’a. I talked to all those guys. They all said the same thing. I don’t know how much guys change. Your DNA follows you in a lot of ways. I saw things yesterday that I was disappointed in and I truly don’t want to sound like I’m bashing a guy or anything like that.”

It makes me wonder, who exactly did Snyder and Vinny talk to about Albert when they were considering signing him? Obviously Albert will vouch for himself, so I’m talking about BESIDES Albert. If Daniels can have these conversations with guys like Godfrey and Salave’a, how could our front office be so clueless about Albert’s makeup and work ethic?

Good GMs are well-connected. They know the right people and they talk to the right people, and they find ways to get the information they need to make decisions. They won’t always be right, but you at least have to be empowered with good information. I think we have a case here where Dan and/or Vinny wanted the guy they wanted, and it really didn’t matter what anyone with direct experience working with Albert had to say.

Perhaps the most disturbing part of Daniels’ comments is this:

It makes me wonder, who exactly did Snyder and Vinny talk to about Albert when they were considering signing him? Obviously Albert will vouch for himself, so I’m talking about BESIDES Albert. If Daniels can have these conversations with guys like Godfrey and Salave’a, how could our front office be so clueless about Albert’s makeup and work ethic?

Good GMs are well-connected. They know the right people and they talk to the right people, and they find ways to get the information they need to make decisions. They won’t always be right, but you at least have to be empowered with good information. I think we have a case here where Dan and/or Vinny wanted the guy they wanted, and it really didn’t matter what anyone with direct experience working with Albert had to say.

This in a nutshell, underscores the utter lack of preparation and ineptitude of the Snyderrato era.

Big Joe Salave’a was one of my favorite players, I have a game used jersey of his.

I already posted on Sunday after I found out he was not playing due to not practicing on Friday and also being sick on Thursday! Al was in Jackson's in Reston Town Center drinking like a fish Thursday night and looked like a healthy horse!! He doesnt give a crap about the team, never has and never will. Its time to cut our loss and move on!

Why in the world has someone not video this and posted it on youtube? And has Ryman posted yet on this subject?

C'mon man, no need to call each other names. Some of us are more mad at the players that went on the field and didn't play more than the players that were on the sideline that didn't play.

Haynesworth has become a scapegoat for too many fans. Theres a lot of trash on this team, Haynesworth is just one.

Haynesworth has become a scapegoat for too many fans. Theres a lot of trash on this team, Haynesworth is just one.

I feel like Haynseworth is one of the only piece of trash on this team... the others are recyclables... players we are using or rather reusing from other teams or other schemes in order to smoothen the transition

Archived