Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

I searched and nothing came up but looks like the circus continues heres the link http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5891570

ASHBURN, Va. -- Phillip Daniels has some stern words for Albert Haynesworth.

The veteran defensive lineman choked up Monday morning when talking about the latest Haynesworth distraction in the Washington Redskins' disappointing season.

Haynesworth was inactive for Sunday's loss to the New York Giants after an illness limited him at practice Friday.

Daniels says he hasn't missed a practice all year at age 37, even though he's been sick lately. He says Haynesworth hasn't fully grasped the concept of team, and that Haynesworth could be the NFL player of the year if fully committed to football.

Daniels says he has been through 15 seasons and hasn't won anything, so "if I can come out here and do this, don't tell me that you can't do it."

-Matt Mosley

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 02:06 PM ----------

Mods please merge looks like me and another poster had a simultaneous post

Dag Son!! :(click for the rest

At the end of an a nearly 10-minute brutally honest conversation about Albert Haynesworth, Daniels came to a bottom line and a realization. He’s friends with Haynesworth; he’s also 37 and desperate for a title.

“I’ve been through 15 seasons and I ain’t won [anything],” he said, before pausing for eight seconds. “So what I’m saying is, if I can come out and do this, don’t tell me you can’t do it….”

He paused again; more water; more lumps in the throat. Five seconds later he continued.

“I want every guy on this team to do well,” he said. “If you ain’t all in, you don’t need to be here. I’m tired of going through season after season where we lose games we should win, guys not doing the right thing, guys not putting the effort in. I’m tired of that. The Redskins, we deserve better as a team and as fans. We got a coach in here [Mike Shanahan] now that’s proven himself. He can win Super Bowls. Guys have to believe in what he’s doing. If you don’t believe in what he’s doing, then you don’t need to be here. And I’m speaking for everybody now. We’ll get through this man. I’m just upset that I spent 15 years of my career and I ain’t won [anything].”

He also talked about:

On how others feel: “Guys feel the same way, man. I’m just a guy. I’ll tell you the truth and I’ll tell you how it is. I’m not going to hide behind anything. I’ll tell you how I feel. I would love for things to work out with him. You know how much he can help us. If he put everything he had into football. I’m talking about the workout part of it, the weight room, the studying, he had into football. He would no doubt be the NFL player of the year.”

On if a guy like Haynesworth can change at this stage of his career: “He was in his seventh year when he got here. I heard that from other guys that played with him, Randall Godfrey, Joe Salave’a. I talked to all those guys. They all said the same thing. I don’t know how much guys change. Your DNA follows you in a lot of ways. I saw things yesterday that I was disappointed in and I truly don’t want to sound like I’m bashing a guy or anything like that.”

On if he’s surprised to still be dealing with the Haynesworth saga: “Things were going good for a moment. Things were going great. He was out there playing and doing well. It’s always something else. I just wish the team could stay focused and not worry about things like this. When I come to the locker room on game day I expect guys to be ready to go and play. As a D-linemen, when you lose one of your guys it’s tough on us. You have to scramble and guys have to go to those positions and fill in. I just hate that it happened.”

On reports that Haynesworth could be cut: “It’s crazy, man. For a guy with all the talent and what he can do for this team, we want him to come in and help us win. The distractions are just not healthy. We would love for him to be here and do the things he can do. We saw what he can do on the field when he wants to; he’s had great games this year. At the same time he has to understand this is a business, people are putting money into you to come out here and do a job, to work and every play give it everything you’ve got. They pay you to come out and play football. Everything outside of that is not called for. When he looks back on all the things that happen, I’m not speaking as if this happens, then it would be a bad feeling for him to have gone through this and not put all this effort in. Me as a player, when someone is paying me money, I don’t care what amount they’re paying me I feel like you go on that field and give them everything you got. They expect you to do a job and that’s what you do, you go out and do your job. Me I take my job serious no matter what I make. It’s more the person, to go out there and do what you need to do. Albert needs to understand it’s a business. They don’t care when you’re gone. The thing is, what you did for them right now and the things right now is more important and your teammates are more important than all this stuff that’s going on with the organization right now.”

I was hard on Shanahan yesterday for sitting him, but if Daniels is coming out and saying stuff like this, with him being a veteran leader on the team, then it can't be taken lightly.

That man was sitting there crying....CRYING!!! I believe everything that man is saying.

That man was sitting there crying....CRYING!!! I believe everything that man is saying.

again, anyone that thinks haynesworth is somehow shannys fault is nuts. the only fault on shanny is thinking haynesworth would turn out to be worth anything.

thanks again vinny, your neverending contributions to our amazing roster are still living on!

how do you not love Daniels.

Aside from all of his great team ethic, he produces.

i know he's long in the tooth, and i know he only gets limited reps, but the man gives it all he's got when he gets his chance, and he is certainly capable of making things happen.

Pay attention, folks. Phillip Daniels is what a leader looks like.

~Bang

Definitely puts things in a different light. Can't help but see Daniel's/teams point of view in this one. I just wish we'd gotten rid of him for a draft pick or two earlier this year. And yes, Daniels is exactly the type of player you want here. I think we'd all just like to see him make a list of players that work hard and those that don't. Just so we know.

how do you not love Daniels.

Aside from all of his great team ethic, he produces.

i know he's long in the tooth, and i know he only gets limited reps, but the man gives it all he's got when he gets his chance, and he is certainly capable of making things happen.

Pay attention, folks. Phillip Daniels is what a leader looks like.

~Bang

its easy ...

he's not playing a glamour position and all he does is show up, and by all accounts play his ****ing ass off.

now, i'm not going to pretend i know alot about him, but the little i do is enough to always remember him as a honrable redskin.

i hope he sticks on with us for a long time after his days on the field are done.

if we had 53 PD's we would not be in the shape we are in now.

again, anyone that thinks haynesworth is somehow shannys fault is nuts. the only fault on shanny is thinking haynesworth would turn out to be worth anything.

thanks again vinny, your neverending contributions to our amazing roster are still living on!

this should go up as the new ES banner....

On if Shanahan didn’t put the team first by benching Haynesworth: “I think it’s the other way around. I think he puts the team first because he won’t let one guy come in here and destroy what we have. You put the team first when you think about the future and the things we have to do. If you don’t practice, you don’t play and that’s putting the team first and giving us the best chance to go out and be successful. He has to understand that. Coach Shanahan is doing a good job of that. He knew what we were missing last year. He knew we missed a lot of practices. The first thing they looked at when they came here, I bet, was how many practices everyone missed. You’ve got to change something. You can’t just sit there and keep letting it happen. That’s what he’s trying to do.”

This for all the friggin fools out there sticking out thier chest with the "Shanny is hurting the team by not playing Al"....And that includes Doc Walker!!! I love Doc like my brother, but he's absolutely wrong on this one.

Archived