Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

I wish we could trade Fat Al for Ngata :(

Honestly, sometimes I wish we could trade our entire team for the Ravens team. Put those guys in Skins uniforms.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 06:37 PM ----------

Exactly what I said...I don't understand where all this Haynesworth hate is coming from when he didn't even play yesterday.

Do you know the reason he didn't play yesterday? Do you know what lead up to the decision to de-activate him?

And the players that did step on the field yesterday don't get a pass from me. They **** all of the field as they typically do. I'm sick of most of the players on this roster that keep on making the same stupid mistakes. Hold onto the damn football. Concentrate! Play like you practice and practice like you ****ing play!!!

Good GMs are well-connected. They know the right people and they talk to the right people, and they find ways to get the information they need to make decisions. They won’t always be right, but you at least have to be empowered with good information. I think we have a case here where Dan and/or Vinny wanted the guy they wanted, and it really didn’t matter what anyone with direct experience working with Albert had to say.

Hasn't it been heard that Vinny was pretty generally seen as a weasel around the league? I can't imagine he was well-liked...he was terrible at his job and generally slimy as a person.

Wouldn't be surprised if Snyder/Vinny has VERY little access to knowledge around the league because of this.

I love Daniels. I wished I loved Haynesworth. Philip is all heart, Albert is all talent.

PD is likely going to retire or be retired at the end of another disastorous season. I am so sick of rooting for other teams come December.

In England in the 80's a group called orange juice had a song.

Enjoy.

I am about to get ripped to shreds here. I love team spirit and accountability, but I must ask a few question. Are we once again lookign for a quick fix? Haynesworth is what he is, but he wasn't on the field yesterday. Are you saying that his backup was so weak that it cost us the game? Threads like this single one player out. Why not make a thread that covers the 4 players that couldn't stop or slow down any of the Giants running backs? The issue of singling out one player is what I call the "Jason Campbell effect." Everyone gets so caught up on one player, that we start to think that one player is the cause of all the issues. Then when he get's traded or cut, we wonder why the numbers don't look better. Please don't be too rough on me, as I was just posing an honest question.

I was typing this as fwo40 was typing his reply. We seem to be sort of saying the same thing.

Yep this was my gist...I'm all for rah-rah, but damn even backup players should make tackles once in awhile. Fat Al may suck, but him playing shouldn't be the difference between winning and get the ever-loving snot beat out of us. Daniels might be venting some frustration here, but a lot of it should go on the guys that did suit up and sucked up the place.
i sent PD a message via his PERSONAL FB page.... <i have spoken with him several times there, kooool guy!>....anyway, i thanked him for what he said and i gave him the link to this thread so that he could see for himself that Redskins Nation is behind him 100%.

Well maybe PD will understand that 98% of Redskins nation supports him including me. I think that if PD93 was here he would say that AH could have helped the Redskins yesterday win or lose. And isn't that all a team mate could ask for.

Hasn't it been heard that Vinny was pretty generally seen as a weasel around the league? I can't imagine he was well-liked...he was terrible at his job and generally slimy as a person.

Wouldn't be surprised if Snyder/Vinny has VERY little access to knowledge around the league because of this.

Ah horse****. They don't understand that they're dealing with actual people who have different levels of motivation and varying attitudes. Nor do they care that players have different skill sets that may or may not fit your system. All they see is

madden-11-top-overall-player-ratings.jpg

Daniels is saying the right things but he's sucking out there with the rest of them. I'd take Fletcher over him any day of the week. At least Fletcher still makes plays. He comes off as a grumpy old man. He's jealous that AH gets more attention, money, talent than he has without chasing down microphones and tape recorders every week. No one is holding him here, he can retire anytime he wants.

C'mon man, no need to call each other names. Some of us are more mad at the players that went on the field and didn't play more than the players that were on the sideline that didn't play.

I agree about the name calling, but I don't see how you can fault lesser skilled players overall with a highly skilled slacker when it comes to laying blame.

Haynesworth has become a scapegoat for too many fans. Theres a lot of trash on this team, Haynesworth is just one.

Haynesworth is landfill runoff, poisons the enviroment around him, it is obvious with PD93 coming out and saying such. Where there is smoke there is fire.

This is another example of why PD is one of the most respected players on ES.

From coming on ES to clear the air to just being an all around good guy, PD is a man I respect.

A player who is a member, and an easy read as a very honest person. I think he is beside himself with disappointment.

This is another example of why PD is one of the most respected players on ES.

From coming on ES to clear the air to just being an all around good guy, PD is a man I respect.

Double post and worth every penny of it.

I am missing the point. It seems to me people are blaming this loss on Haynesworth. Whether Al played or not does it really make a difference??? What did you expect out of the guy. He is probably still at war with Shanahan and by skipping the game it seems like Haynesworth is getting back at him. As for Daniels...I think he is just trying to keep his job next year. What he said was unnecessary, because we all know Haynesworth will be gone next year plus its not like we are going to the playoffs so why is he spilling his heart out over a player that could careless about the team. Just a bunch of unwanted drama...

Daniels is saying the right things but he's sucking out there with the rest of them. I'd take Fletcher over him any day of the week. At least Fletcher still makes plays. He comes off as a grumpy old man. He's jealous that AH gets more attention, money, talent than he has without chasing down microphones and tape recorders every week. No one is holding him here, he can retire anytime he wants.

Say it to his face.

I am missing the point. It seems to me people are blaming this loss on Haynesworth. Whether Al played or not does it really make a difference??? What did you expect out of the guy. He is probably still at war with Shanahan and by skipping the game it seems like Haynesworth is getting back at him. As for Daniels...I think he is just trying to keep his job next year. What he said was unnecessary, because we all know Haynesworth will be gone next year plus its not like we are going to the playoffs so why is he spilling his heart out over a player that could careless about the team. Just a bunch of unwanted drama...

You are missing the point, the point is PD93 addressing team chemistry and AH's effect on it. PD can't count on AH to contribute and at this stage in his career he finds that disturbing, he didn't blame yesterdays loss on AH. He was addressing why AH was not suited up and playing, now do you get it?

Have to admit, I was giving coach hell yesterday, thinkin all it was, was him sitting AH for missing a practice due to illness.. But after reading (all) of PD's interview, it's apparent that AH is indeed the problem, and it's much more than just one missed practice.. I was thinkin we need to keep AH until a decent offer comes along, but if he's causing grown men to literaly tear up, while trying to get through to him, he needs to be gone now.. Just cut the dumbass already.. And it is unfortuntate Daniels isnt 10 years younger.. We sure could use group of men with his work ethic!! Here's to the future!! :point2sky:

* - oh and I see Haynesworth is getting the last laugh between him and Shanahan...

Nope. Shanahan has exposed Haynesworth for the player he is. Unless everything is his exact way, he's not going to play. Not many teams (if any at all) will pay the man any decent amount now.

Say it to his face.
Pathetic.

Dude is saying PD is jealous of Fat Al, yeah that is pathetic. PD played in that game, AH.........

haynesworth.png

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 07:58 PM ----------

I like the "only talk about the guys that are on the field" approach. Haynesworth goes down so its time for the next guy to step up...

Goes down? You act like he got hurt playing football and not slobberknocked drinking over at the liquor lounge. Don't you realize Albert Haynesworth is only good for a limited amount of plays a year? Vinny is that you?

Gee, so I guess there actually is more to the story than what so many posters on here were yelling about yesterday....

Considering Daniels made a thread on this site at the beginning of the season saying everything was fine in Albert Haynesworth-land, I think this recent statement pretty much speaks for itself.

It still amazes me how many people take Haynesworth's side in this cluster....particularly yesterday.

PD "played"? :rotflmao:

PD played in every game this season yet somehow only has 3 more tackles and 1.5 less sacks than a part time/quarter effort AH.

Wow, you're an idiot, plain and simple.

1) Daniels doesn't start.

2) Daniels is everything that is right with this team.

3) You are everything that is wrong with its fan base. You're an embarrassment.

Wow, you're an idiot, plain and simple.

1) Daniels doesn't start.

2) Daniels is everything that is right with this team.

3) You are everything that is wrong with its fan base. You're an embarrassment.

1. PD isn't very good and that's why he doesn't start. He's part of the reason why we're the oldest team in the league.

2. More like everything that is consistently mediocre with the team.

3. I'm a Redskins fan, not a fan of players. I hate to see someone who's part of the reason for mediocrity popping shots at the easiest target.

Archived