Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

what did DOC say on 980?

This morning he was saying that you have to play Haynesworth because, if you don't, you're punishing the team more than him. I see that point, but disagree. December of a lost season (especially Shanahan's first season here) is not the time to bend the rules. You have to be a hard-ass to start...you can always pull back and be nicer, but it's much tougher to try to crack the whip after you've been a softie. I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to his guns and, ultimately, he'll have the respect of the locker room (at least the players that matter/will stay here).

At least Daniels has the testicular fortitude to say it.....D Hall and the others just ingore the elephant in the room.

- The others just count their money and dont give a crap...Daniels is the old school type of NFL player, not many of his ilk are left.

I already posted on Sunday after I found out he was not playing due to not practicing on Friday and also being sick on Thursday! Al was in Jackson's in Reston Town Center drinking like a fish Thursday night and looked like a healthy horse!! He doesnt give a crap about the team, never has and never will. Its time to cut our loss and move on!

This morning he was saying that you have to play Haynesworth because, if you don't, you're punishing the team more than him. I see that point, but disagree. December of a lost season (especially Shanahan's first season here) is not the time to bend the rules. You have to be a hard-ass to start...you can always pull back and be nicer, but it's much tougher to try to crack the whip after you've been a softie. I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to his guns and, ultimately, he'll have the respect of the locker room (at least the players that matter/will stay here).

Yeah, even when Chuck read Phil's quotes from the article, Doc continued to reinerate that foolishness, by saying "Well Phil should have said something to him during the week before the game"....Well Phil did speak to Al, as did Fletch!!!!

On if he’s talked to him today: “I haven’t sat down with him. But we’ve had conversations with him. London spoke with him. … Albert’s a great person; I’ve hung with him. He tries to, for the most part, fit in with the guys and we go out to dinner, eat lunch, hang out. Great guy. He just needs to think about what he’s doing for the football part of things and know that people are counting on you. Not the coaches, not the organization, but your teammates are counting on you. That’s what I play for every day, my teammates. That’s the part of the game that slipped by [Haynesworth].”

They should make him play special teams. Run fatass run.

OMG, i cant stop laughing at the thought of AH running down the field on a kickoff coverage.

Talk about a wedge buster............

Thanks to PD for coming out and saying whats what.

And also to the ES members who had the right sense to come in here and admit they were wrong about Coach Shanahan.

I already posted on Sunday after I found out he was not playing due to not practicing on Friday and also being sick on Thursday! Al was in Jackson's in Reston Town Center drinking like a fish Thursday night and looked like a healthy horse!! He doesnt give a crap about the team, never has and never will. Its time to cut our loss and move on!

sheesh.

Someone earlier posted that the Sports Junkies reported that AH wasn't sick, i.e. from a cold, on Friday.....but hungover. So your report has some serious cred Max.

Interesting, this is the second time i've seen this.

man, that 4th rounder from the Titans sure looks good right about now ... of course hindsight is 20/20, just wish Shanny would have gone with his gut instinct and gotten him out of here for whatever he could when we had the chance.

Crossing my fingers we can get something out of him trade wise. Either way, we need to rid this cancer with some kemo (no pun intended). I believe in karma, and AL will go down as the biggest FA bust EVER. At least we'll be #1 in something, jk. HAIL.

I was hard on Shanahan yesterday for sitting him, but if Daniels is coming out and saying stuff like this, with him being a veteran leader on the team, then it can't be taken lightly.

Yea, I don't think people realize how big of a ***** Fat Al is being. We don't see what goes on behind closed doors. I am sure the Redskins don't want a media circus. But when another player, a team leader, tears up even talking about it, you know some crazy **** is going down behind the doors.

This is all I needed to read. I am 100% fine with them cutting Fat Al.

Yea, I don't think people realize how big of a ***** Fat Al is being. We don't see what goes on behind closed doors. I am sure the Redskins don't want a media circus. But when another player, a team leader, tears up even talking about it, you know some crazy **** is going down behind the doors.

This is all I needed to read. I am 100% fine with them cutting Fat Al.

Phillip Daniels had a very telling quote on whether or not AH would have helped the team:

On if Shanahan didn’t put the team first by benching Haynesworth: “I think it’s the other way around. I think he puts the team first because he won’t let one guy come in here and destroy what we have. You put the team first when you think about the future and the things we have to do. If you don’t practice, you don’t play and that’s putting the team first and giving us the best chance to go out and be successful. He has to understand that. Coach Shanahan is doing a good job of that. He knew what we were missing last year. He knew we missed a lot of practices. The first thing they looked at when they came here, I bet, was how many practices everyone missed. You’ve got to change something. You can’t just sit there and keep letting it happen. That’s what he’s trying to do.”

we should send this to BMitch

Interesting development. Shanahan is hemming and hawing in his press conference. He said he will have a statement to make on Wednesday AFTER he speaks with Hyanesworth. Jason Reid then asked him about Shefter's report that he won't cut Hyanesworth during the season and Shanny said, ESPN can say alot of things but it has nothing to do with me. I'll have more to say on this by Wednesday.

Is Shanny still contemplating cutting Haynesworth? Stay tuned.

what did DOC say on 980?

Basically that you play him anyway because it should be about winning regardless of how insubordinate he's being which is foolishness. Playing him anyway is what's been wrong with this team for the past who knows how long and is in large part the reason we've had so many regime changes. You cant win without first establishing a foundation of how things will be run. Letting the inmates run the asylum should be a thing of the past and that's exactly the message Shanahan is attempting to send by handling Alberts fat ass the way he has. This should be loudly applauded by all that have any sense IMO.

Basically that you play him anyway because it should be about winning regardless of how insubordinate he's being which is foolishness. Playing him anyway is what's been wrong with this team for the past who knows how long and is in large part the reason we've had so many regime changes. You cant win without first establishing a foundation of how things will be run. Letting the inmates run the asylum should be a thing of the past and that's exactly the message Shanahan is attempting to send by handling Alberts fat ass the way he has. This should be loudly applauded by all that have any sense IMO.

Agreed. Whenever I hear someone say you should play them anyway, I think of the scene in Hoosiers where someone fouls out and the only person left to go in is someone he benched earlier in the game because he wouldn't do what he was told. He said, 'My team is on the court' and played with 4 players. Now, I know it's only a movie, but it gets the point across that you have to have rules and people understand you don't compromise them when it gets difficult.

This is great news....basically what PD is saying is that the majority of the team is in Shanny's corner here. In addition to changing the roster, Shanny is in charge of changing the culture of losing in DC..no easy task. It starts with things like this...a "tipping point" if you will. Anyone who says Shanny is purely "win now" has not paid much attention to the AH situation. Shanny is sending a message; he is finding out who CAN play and who WANTS to play. It will take time, but he will slowly build a roster with more guys like PD and fewer guys like AH...I really think we're in good hands....we're just going to have to be patient.

Archived