Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Daniels calls out Albert Haynesworth(Merged with W.E. Story)

skinsrbeast

After reading this article, I have so much respect for Daniels. We all know the guy is far past his prime, but he plays his heart out. He's clearly a leader and I'm so happy he said this. I get tired of people defending Fat Albert like he's the greatest thing on the football field. The guy is clearly a cancer, and I'm glad to see players say this now. It would be nice to see the players go to Shannahan and get this clown out of here.

It truly is a shame that this guy has wasted so much talent. To paraphrase from the movie "Rudy", I wish we could put Phillip Daniels heart in Albert Haynesworth's body.

And here we go....

@dcsportsbog

Haynesworth tells 106.7 that there are "some kind of haters" in the Redskins organization.

Haynesworth to 106.7 The Fan: "We're not little girls or anything. And there's nothing wrong with being girls."

Haynesworth: "They paid me this money. Let me play like I played in Tenn. I will show you..All you have to do is take off the daggone leash"

You are missing the point, the point is PD93 addressing team chemistry and AH's effect on it. PD can't count on AH to contribute and at this stage in his career he finds that disturbing, he didn't blame yesterdays loss on AH. He was addressing why AH was not suited up and playing, now do you get it?

I was one who responded asking why people were blaming Haynesworth for yesterday's loss. That was not the purpose of this thread and I stand corrected. The theme of this thread is AH messing up team chemistry. If players are mad because AH is taking away reps from the next player, then that is bad. If players are mad because having AH off the field leaves a big hole, then that is worse. The first part can be resolved by simply benching him for good. The second scenario means trying to find a talented replacement.

Lol at Shanahan protecting our team by deactivating Haynesworth. Destroying what we have here? Does he mean the sorry DL he's a part of? The only thing being protected, by not playing Haynesworth, is their egos. If he misses a practice and plays, it is going to hurt Daniels' feelings. I'm not advocating it, but sometimes better players get a little more leeway. Our DL looked garbage without Haynesworth. Another moral victory for the Washington Redskins.

If this is what you advocate then by all means you are also a diva.

If it is not then open your eyes up and lets dump the trash at the nearest landfill and move in the direction of a TEAM. It is obvious they've tried to get him on board and he doesn't want it that way, we've forgot Al, you are a coach yourself and know how to execute the best game plan, I forgot how many Superbowls you have won and how many Pro Bowl's you've been invited to.......his only motivation is money, then himself. Good Riddance.

You get a new boss. He comes in making all sorts of changes to your department just for the sake of change. You try and tell him he's utilizing you the wrong way. He doesn't listen. His plan is failing miserably. Your department is now the worst in the country. Now your coworkers are complaining about you not submitting to the worst department in the country. And despite the fact that you are right about the system, and you are the best at your spot(even while being used wrong), people see you as the villain for not joining your loser coworkers.

At this point, I think both sides need to settle on "agree to disagree". get the personal thoughts out of the equation and look at it like this. the man is a beast, and has a ton of talent. if he practices and tries let the man play football. i'm honestly just tired of him watching from the sidelines getting more than i could ever possibly work for. make the man earn a paycheck. with all the other stuff going on it is obvious he isn't going to EARN HIS paycheck, but make him earn a paycheck.

At this point, I think both sides need to settle on "agree to disagree". get the personal thoughts out of the equation and look at it like this. the man is a beast, and has a ton of talent. if he practices and tries let the man play football. i'm honestly just tired of him watching from the sidelines getting more than i could ever possibly work for. make the man earn a paycheck. with all the other stuff going on it is obvious he isn't going to EARN HIS paycheck, but make him earn a paycheck.

That's the problem. He doesn't want to practice or try, and thinks that he should start and play how he pleases anyways. Even worse, he goes to the media about it.

You get a new boss. He comes in making all sorts of changes to your department just for the sake of change. You try and tell him he's utilizing you the wrong way. He doesn't listen. His plan is failing miserably. Your department is now the worst in the country. Now your coworkers are complaining about you not submitting to the worst department in the country. And despite the fact that you are right about the system, and you are the best at your spot(even while being used wrong), people see you as the villain for not joining your loser coworkers.

Yes folks, the lesson here is that when you don't get exactly what you want, you should throw a temper tantrum, not give a **** about your teammates, half ass your work, make up bull**** excuses for not doing your work that you are lucky enough to get paid more than 99.9999% of the world population would ever even dream of, and be an overall pissant in life.

Aw, I can't wait to have kids and instill these hardworking, upstanding American values in them. :thumbsup:

Hm, I tend to agree with those (and I think you are one) who complain that PD while he may have a lot of heart, is definitely one of the older players who ends up taking a roster spot. As long as he's not being paid a lot, though, he can provide the mentality the Skins do need in the locker room to succeed.

All that said, your analogy is really poor. Going with it, though, even if you are in the situation described, you still do the work you are paid for. If you are paid inordinate amounts of money, then you are even MORE disgusting when you refuse to do the work you are paid for. When you appear to clearly not give your attention to your job when you are paid money that is a lot even for your profession (I don't like it when fans compare players' salaries to their own, but AH is paid plenty for a player), you just don't have an excuse other than being a big fat immature baby. Grown men take care of their business, even if it's unpleasant and they don't want to do it. That's part of what being an adult is about, an adult who gets paid to do a job. Haynesworth is just proving he is nothing more than literally a big.. very fat... baby.

And here we go....

@dcsportsbog

Haynesworth tells 106.7 that there are "some kind of haters" in the Redskins organization.

Haynesworth to 106.7 The Fan: "We're not little girls or anything. And there's nothing wrong with being girls."

Haynesworth: "They paid me this money. Let me play like I played in Tenn. I will show you..All you have to do is take off the daggone leash"

classic.

what nobody is even remembering, is that even last year in the 4-3, he wasnt THAT great. sure he was good, and had a few dominant moments, but overall he was simply a good DT. no probowler, no all pro, he never took games over, he was always winded, out of shape, etc. its not just the scheme, thats just his newest excuse for being a lazy scumbag.

people are acting like he was this all pro juggernaut last year and we ruined him by switching defenses. he had a very forgettable 2009 campaign as well.

Irep, I like you, but this is your worst post. It makes me think that you've never been in a leadership position.

You get a new boss because the old one was terrible and wasn't running things the way that they should. If you knew the right way to run things, then you would be said new boss. If you were the best at your spot, then your performance history would demonstrate that the previous year. If you were the only employee in the company and were going to be the only employee forever, then you could tailor the company around yourself. However, you're not, and you're missing the big picture.

Your coworkers are complaining because "AH" stands for "Ass" and something else instead of "Albert Haynesworth" and you're a piece of **** to work with.

Honestly, if you're defending Haynesworth, then you have no idea of what you're talking about in terms of leadership.

classic.

what nobody is even remembering, is that even last year in the 4-3, he wasnt THAT great. sure he was good, and had a few dominant moments, but overall he was simply a good DT. no probowler, no all pro, he never took games over, he was always winded, out of shape, etc. its not just the scheme, thats just his newest excuse for being a lazy scumbag.

people are acting like he was this all pro juggernaut last year and we ruined him by switching defenses. he had a very forgettable 2009 campaign as well.

I totally agree . The problem is the Albert Haynesworth we ended up with is the Albert Hayneworth everyone said he was the fat, uninspired waste of potential crybaby who has all the talent in the world to be a HoF guy but the desire and attention span of a seven year old .

He says he wants to be let loose to play like he did in Tenesee .... well hate to break it to everyone but he is playing like he played with the Titans for 5 of the 7 years he was there...only when he hit his contract year did he start playing to his potential . What he really needs to wake up and show a little of that maturity he showed when his brother died . I thought that would have pulled him around and it did for a bit but then Good Ole Al shows up again ...

...this guy just makes me shake my head, as someone who has always had to work hard and never and strugle for everything because I have no natural given talent i can testify that there is nothing in this world than wasted talent.

You get a new boss because the old one was terrible and wasn't running things the way that they should. If you knew the right way to run things, then you would be said new boss. If you were the best at your spot, then your performance history would demonstrate that the previous year. If you were the only employee in the company and were going to be the only employee forever, then you could tailor the company around yourself. However, you're not, and you're missing the big picture..

Simply put, but good point.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2010/12/6/1860055/albert-haynesworth-hangover-mike-shanahan-release-hung-over

"Several team sources tell me that Haynesworth went out Thurs and showed up late fri, missed a team meeting & appeared 2 be "hungover"...

One poster on this board, I forget whom, saw Haynseworth at the Reston Town Center on Thursday night. He could nto confirm whether Big Al was plastered or not.

Matt Terl of the Redskins Blog absolutely nails it with this quote and link for article to follow..

So that's what stuck with me after the whole thing was over: Haynesworth is hugely in favor of adjustments as long as he's not the one adjusting. 27 minutes of radio gold and that's what I was left with. Well, that and the fact that I am just completely exhausted by this whole drama.

Read the rest of the article here:

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/12/07/albert-haynesworth-talks-about-the-importance-of-adjusting/

Irep, I like you, but this is your worst post. It makes me think that you've never been in a leadership position.

You get a new boss because the old one was terrible and wasn't running things the way that they should. If you knew the right way to run things, then you would be said new boss. If you were the best at your spot, then your performance history would demonstrate that the previous year. If you were the only employee in the company and were going to be the only employee forever, then you could tailor the company around yourself. However, you're not, and you're missing the big picture.

Your coworkers are complaining because "AH" stands for "Ass" and something else instead of "Albert Haynesworth" and you're a piece of **** to work with.

Honestly, if you're defending Haynesworth, then you have no idea of what you're talking about in terms of leadership.

I've been in plenty of leadership roles, on and off the field. One of the basic rules is that you always critique in private and congratulate in public. Daniels comments do not help, and the timing is poor. Daniels hasn't been playing well or smart this season. He made the same dumb mistake that that Bengals DT made earlier this year. And Shanahan doesn't exactly have the team looking like it's on the right path. We've had just as much embarrassment as under Zorn- on the football field.

Looking up something else, I found this old blog recap of an interview from March of this year. I'm glad Albert lived up to his contract and not being a distraction.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2010/03/22/albert-haynesworth-speaks-about-the-3-4-offseason-workouts/

Schein: "Have you talked to Mike Shanahan or Jim Haslett about how you’ve never played in the 3-4?”

Haynesworth: “I think they know that. I really haven’t had a whole lot of conversations about it or whatever [with] them. You know, just, I don’t know, I guess whatever. I don’t know what you want me to do or say. I’m under contract there so nothing I can really say about it.”

Host/Rich Gannon: "Do you think that there would come a situation where maybe you wouldn’t be a good fit for the Redskins?”

Haynesworth: “Well, I don’t want to really say that. I mean, we’ve got a good coach and all that stuff. I’m just going to be, whatever they ask me to do, that’s what I’m going to do. I’m not going to be a distraction or anything so I’m just going to do what they ask me to do.”

There are three "Daniels discusses Haynesworth" threads. They should be combined but I'm tired of talking about Haynesworth.
I agree, its time to dump that load. He obviously has a stick up his ***** with Shanny and Co. It won't go away peacefully. Fat Al is done here. Take it to the bank. He got his payday. Touche' fatty go eat yourself into retirement. loser.

Archived