Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for Allen and Shanahan to Come Clean

bulldog

We all see that this Redskins' team is the least talented in the NFC East by quite a wide margin.

The offensive and defensive lines are not competitive.

There are no backs or receivers that scare anyone - most have been acquired on waivers or culled from other teams' practice squads.

The quarterback is 34 and has started to throw a lot of picks. There is no backup with any real talent or upside. In fact both backups are 30.

Two or three decent players, Rogers and McIntosh, are free agents.

This team needs a COMPLETE REBUILD FROM THE FOUNDATION UP.

Use Orakpo, Landry, Trent Williams, Banks, and some others as part of the rebuild.

But Allen and Shanahan have to admit where we are.

Because otherwise the danger is to go into the offseason of 2011 with the mentality that a few free agent signings and draft picks will be enough to put this team in the argument.

One offseason WON'T rebuild this. Signing any more 30 year old players is nothing but counterproductive to any kind of long-term growth.

It's going to take time, and it's really time that the folks in charge admit that based on what we see on the field each Sunday.

As an aside - we can be upset over the outcome of this particular game against NY, but I think we all knew the truth several weeks ago when this club lost in St. Louis and then in Detroit and was manhandled up front in both contests.

Any venting here based on the outcome of the Giants game are the same discussion points in a dissection of any of these other losses, and I daresay another others to come in the final 4 weeks

Let's do what we can to get some picks. Trade Haynesworth, even if it's for a low pick. Trade down in the draft; there are so many holes to fill. We need young players and hopefully some of these guys can begin to step up. I also think we need a QB. I've always thought highly of McNabb, but he's been awful this year. THe lack of a running game and protection are contributing to McNabb's poor play, but as a whole he just looks bad. Awful picks, that fumble on the "slide," all of it.

Maybe it just me, but I think Bruce and Mike know this. I think you are going to see some huge changes in the off-season.

There are some nice young guys on this team. Not a ton of building blocks, but several young role players.

I don't think the problem is Bruce Allen. The only thing I would blame Bruce Allen on is not overriding Shanny. When Bruce Allen saw that Shanny was super ego about his decision making, Bruce should have taken over. Look at all the missed opportunities we missed out on. We passed up on players like Brian Westbrook, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and signing a former Eagles WR; known as Kevin Curtis. Bruce Allen should have went over Shanny and signed Randy Moss as soon as he became available. McNabb would have had someone tall and deep to throw to. If anything, it's time for Shanny to come clean. But we already know what he is guilty of. He let his personal ego get in the way of his decision making. This could have been a good season if we signed more talented free agents. But I guess this is another one to put in the books of (Redskins misfortune).

I wish Dan Snyder should give ( Marty Schottenheimer) another chance.

Let's do what we can to get some picks. Trade Haynesworth, even if it's for a low pick. Trade down in the draft; there are so many holes to fill. We need young players and hopefully some of these guys can begin to step up. I also think we need a QB. I've always thought highly of McNabb, but he's been awful this year. THe lack of a running game and protection are contributing to McNabb's poor play, but as a whole he just looks bad. Awful picks, that fumble on the "slide," all of it.

We need as many picks as possible. However, you can't rely on trading down. It takes two to tango and the opportunity may not be there for a trade down, even if you want to. If we can, that would be great.

the fit of personnel to scheme has to be a lot better.

the front office needs to add draft picks by trading some veterans who have some market value (even if not the overinflated picks Shanahan wants to receive!).

but in the end the Redskins need to start doing what smart teams do - namely, GET value in trades, picks and signings.

traditionally, the Redskins have overpaid free agents, made poor draft picks outside of the first round, and failed to resign key players who were ;producing in years past such as Ryan Clark and Antonio Pierce.

I don't think the problem is Bruce Allen. The only thing I would blame Bruce Allen on is not overriding Shanny. When Bruce Allen saw that Shanny was super ego about his decision making, Bruce should have taken over. Look at all the missed opportunities we missed out on. We passed up on players like Brian Westbrook, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and signing a former Eagles WR; known as Kevin Curtis. Bruce Allen should have went over Shanny and signed Randy Moss as soon as he became available. McNabb would have had someone tall and deep to throw to. If anything, it's time for Shanny to come clean. But we already know what he is guilty of. He let his personal ego get in the way of his decision making. This could have been a good season if we signed more talented free agents. But I guess this is another one to put in the books of (Redskins misfortune).

You sir do not get it.

We need to rebuild. What you propose is just a continuation of the suck that we have been accustomed to.

Marty is way too old now to start another era. Whenever we get a new HC, I hope it's a coordinator that has obvious intangibles. I don't want a retread, but I don't want some one year wonder coordinator. I want a coordinator that has the it factor, like Rex Ryan and Sean Payton.

I'm a little tired of hearing how Orakpo needs to be built around. Dude is a complete non-factor. Other than his outside edge pass move which seems to be more effective at getting the occasional foul than it does to getting a sack, the dude gets pushed around like a 5 year old girl. Not to mention he is a complete liability in pass coverage.

When the opposing team's tight end consistently makes you his ***** in the run game, maybe something is wrong. he throws a nice temper tantrum though, so he's got that going for him.

Really, there is nobody on the roster who is worthy of building around.

Absolutely agree. Rebuild. Go 2-14, or 3-13 for the next two or three years if it means they won't be that bad for the next 10 or 15.

What's the down side? They already **** to holy hell.

Check that they're in purgatory and going to hell would be a refreshing change of scenery, sure beats going 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 year in, year out anyway.

At least with a 2-14, 3-13 team there would be hope.

Give me a plan guys, give me something to look forward to.

well, it might help if Orakpo and others such as Landry (finally in 2010) are put back at their natural positions and allowed to grow from there.

the Redskins have arbitrarily decided to change the position of 8 or 9 guys who play in the defensive front seven and it has created chaos and a ton of missed assignments.

the problems here are much more egregious on defense because there is SOME talent on that side of the ball to work with, if the coaching staff uses any degree of sanity.

on offense, there really is nothing other than a still learning Trent Williams at LT.

all of the other players are either 30 years old or players with limited upside.

I'm a little tired of hearing how Orakpo needs to be built around. Dude is a complete non-factor. Other than his outside edge pass move which seems to be more effective at getting the occasional foul than it does to getting a sack, the dude gets pushed around like a 5 year old girl. Not to mention he is a complete liability in pass coverage.

When the opposing team's tight end consistently makes you his ***** in the run game, maybe something is wrong. he throws a nice temper tantrum though, so he's got that going for him.

Really, there is nobody on the roster who is worthy of building around.

I agree. You rarely hear Orakpo's name called. I think he has the talent, but he hasn't been able to be a game-changing force. Landry is a keeper, but you don't build a defense around a safety. Fletcher is great, but old. We need a stud D-lineman who actually wants to play and can generate pressure without a blitz.

Allen & Shanny knew what we had LAST year and this is an upgrade given their talents and overinflated resumes?? I'm sorry put me down as terribly unimpressed and fearful of another 6 years of this crap. They have shown me nothing, except McNabb & Williams, to garner any confidence in their football acumen. It's gonna be another long downward spiral I'm afraid. How can these guys be this incompetent?????

Marty is way too old now to start another era. Whenever we get a new HC, I hope it's a coordinator that has obvious intangibles. I don't want a retread, but I don't want some one year wonder coordinator. I want a coordinator that has the it factor, like Rex Ryan and Sean Payton.

Sad to say, we had that chance with Greg Williams and Dan Snyder blew it, by giving the job to Jim Zorn. Look how it resulted. One 8-8 season and a 4-12 season. So we missed out of giving an opportunity to a coordinator. Sad to say Greg Williams got a superbowl ring when he went with the New Orleans Saints. Sad aint it, we get rid of the defensive coordinator that was suppose to get the HC job and he goes with another team to get a superbowl ring. That was clearly put on Dan Snyder and nobody else.

I wonder what our team would be like if John Ken Cooke still owned it.

Archived