Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#1 WR Options

method man

Fitz Will probably Opt out and i expect him to end up in Minny...

IMO.. i would draft Julio Jones and Add James Jones.. Leaves us MIGHTY deep... Julio Jones(who will be better than anyone on that list not named Larry Fitz maybe), James Jones, Santana Moss (in the Slot), Anthony Armstrong, Malcolm Kelly (for god sakes stay healthy)

that way we use the rest of our FA money to get a Center (Kalil) or a Guard (Davin Joesph or Dahl) AND a lock down Corner (Johnathan Joesph) maybe even make a Deal for Kelly Gregg out of Baltimore to head up the NT of our 3-4 or hell even Shaun Rodgers at NT...

If we trust our scouting on Jones/Baldwin being high character guys then we go that route with the 1st rounder, other wise I burn the midnight oil trying to make some deals to bring Fitz to DC and supplement with a mid level guy like Jones who is looking to break out.

AJ Green's my vote.

Same here. 4 game suspension notwithstanding, AJ is as good quality of a person as he is a player. I teach at UGA and he took some classes in my program - good kid. He immediately copped to making the mistake, didn't complain once and continued to work hard at practice.

But I also think we will not be in a position to draft him.

There is the possibility that he stays in school. I don't think that is gonna happen, but everybody here is hoping for it.

If he does stay - look out for UGA next year!

I love James Jones as the #2. VJax and Jones would be amazing. Floyd would be a nice pick up but not as a #1. Sims-Walker has really taken a step back after making a name for himself last year. From what I can gather, Jags fans are sick of him. Not really feeling Rice or Holmes. I still got some questions about Rice and Holmes is a name but I'm not sold on him in any type of way. Edwards hands are horrible. I doubt Plax ever plays another down and Moss is a ****ing headcase. Both are getting up there in age.

Really don't know much about Julio Jones or AJ Green save what I hear in passing. So of the free agents I like VJax, James Jones and Malcom Floyd. In that order.

And of course Fitzgerald is Fitzgerald. But what was the last mega trade for a WR? Marshall went for two 2nds, Moss was a 3rd, Boldin was a 3rd, Edwards was 3rd and 5th and a couple of players, Holmes was for a 5th. I think Roy freaking Williams was the last WR to be traded for a 1st (and a 3rd and a 6th, lol). That says something I think.

I'm tired of this team attain other team's players through free agency. We have to draft, draft, draft, and then have those players develop. Much help is needed in the wide receiving area. If the Redskins can draft A.J. Green from Georgia or Michael Floyd from Notre Dame, that will greatly assist the wide receiver corps. Santana Moss can get the job done, but I'm not as sold on him as I used to be. We need another target that will become the primary WR.

Don't forget Miami's Leonard Hankerson.

As a Canes fan, he drops a lot of passes.

I'm a big fan of James Jones. Really hope we manage to get him. Along with Logan Mankins, James Jones is probably the guy I want most wearing a 'Skins uniform next year.

You will never get what you wish for or be happy if you get it. Too many holes to fill. Until they can evaluate talent and coach that talent. They will always be a mediocre to bad team. I know that nobody wants to hear about talent but the talented players are overshadowed by the less talented players. You can't rely on players like London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, D Hall, LaRon Landry, Carlos Rogers, Albert Haynesworth, or Alexander to stop the opposing teams offense if the other players around you are too slow or have no push. Kedrick Gholston, Adam Carriker, Phillip Daniels, Keomatu, Vonnie Holiday, and the rest of the defense never make an impact on the game like other dominate D-lines do. Then there is the Offensive and I mean "Offensive." Donovan McNabb, Clint Portis (when healthy), Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, and Trent Williams are the only players that show up every week and play hard or make an impact. Everyone else plays in quicksand and they get manhandled by either equal or superior talented players. We are equal to in talent to only the Lions, Bengals, and the rest of the bottom dwellers of the league anymore. The strength of our Super Bowl years of past was the O-line and the D-line but now that is this teams biggest weakness. The offense opens up holes to the QB for opposing teams like the Great Flood and the same could be said for our defense yielding to every offensive line in the league. Opposing RB's gash our D-line for 5+ yards per run before even getting a hand laid on them or it seems. D-linemen seem to just stick to opposing O-linemen like fly paper because they rarely get off the block until the runner is already by them. So you want to draft WR's and get them through FA to boost our WR corp but it won't do any good if the QB is on his back consistently.

So you want to draft WR's and get them through FA to boost our WR corp but it won't do any good if the QB is on his back consistently.

This makes no sense to me... We need to address the lines. For sure... But that doesn't mean neglecting everything else, either. Lines must be a priority. But completely ignoring other problems is not a good way to run a football team.

It all won't go away in one or two offseasons, but we can keep chipping away.

Add a Logan Mankins and a James Jones offensively... Evaluate our D and see if we're going to stick with the 2-gap, landmark drop 3-4 or if we're going to go with a 1-gap, pattern read 3-4, or if we want to go back to a 43. Until that decision is made, it's impossible to know what we need defensively...

Archived