Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#1 WR Options

method man

I'd love to see them get a receiver who is OVER 6'2 and who will actually jump up for the ball.

QB's are not accurate ALL the time, and take a look on ESPN sometimes, look at some of the receivers who go up after it, like Fitz; I can't remember the last time I saw a Skins receiver jump up for one. Not being sarcastic, I just don't remember.

draft Julio and get Vjax in FA

Draft a guard or NT with the second round pick and that should give McNabb the help he needs.

I have to agree with Soup, in regards to addressing the line situation.

Given that a majority of drafted recievers can take up to 3 years to develop in the NFL, i would prefer we get VJax, see what M. Kelly has, then maybe pick up a receiver in later rounds of the draft.

But we have to address the line in the early part of the draft.

I have to agree with Soup, in regards to addressing the line situation.

Given that a majority of drafted recievers can take up to 3 years to develop in the NFL, i would prefer we get VJax, see what M. Kelly has, then maybe pick up a receiver in later rounds of the draft.

But we have to address the line in the early part of the draft.

I'm not sure about that. I believe in taking the best player available in the early part of the draft.

And its not like the draft is the only way to build a line.

Stay away from WR's early in the draft. We don't want to end up being another Detroit. Draft lineman.

Yep.

RT, RG, C (2 of 3) with first 2 picks. Plus I think Shanallen will probably try to trade down if possible.

Also seems like the consensus around here is we'll be going after VJax.... James Jones would be nice too.

I am in full support of Plaxico to help out Mcnabb while some younger talent is developed.

Plaxico will be 34 next year. He's the same age as Randy Moss.

don't like being the age nazi here .. but it makes a big difference when talking about building for the future;

(keep in mind, each of these people will be 1 year older next season)

Anthony Armstrong - 27

Vicent Jackson - 27

Plaxico Burress - 33

Braylon Edwards - 27

Sidney Rice - 24

Santonio Holmes - 26

Larry Fitzgerald - 27

Randy Moss - 33

Terrel Owens - 37

Mike Sims-Walker - 26

Steve Breaston - 27

James Jones - 26

Malcom Flyod - 29 (ain't no up and comer)

So based on this..

anyone change their mind?

I think at a decent price.. Sydney Rice or Vicent Jackson are the only ones worth it.

Braylon Edwards- would be a good option. His talents are everything the Skins need (Big, physical, and athletic). He would come at a cheaper price than V-Jax. His stats the past few years are down due to the offense that the Jets play. He indeed does drop some balls, but his production out weighs his drops.

Side Note- Skins need big WR's for Mcnabb. He is not always accurate (as we all know)-- bigger WR's will help Mcnabb with some of his innaccuracy.

Justin Blackman, OSU!

this!

Blackmon*

I 3rd this ... I think that Blackmon is the best WR in the draft ... I would not be upset with Julio Jones ... and while AJ Green has sick hands and great height and athletic ability, he is physically thin and i worry about his ability to stray healthy. But they did say the same things about DeShaun Jackson, so I can't say the guy wouldn't hold up in the NFL (just an arm chair GM observation). If I had my choice and draft picks were not limited, I would say the WR draft optionds below ...

1. Blackmon

2. Julio Jones

3. AJ Green

4. Al Hanskerson (sp?)

I'd be surprised if VKax did not land here next year either. James Jones is another good young receiver who seems to be on the rise. HAIL.

Braylon Edwards- would be a good option. His talents are everything the Skins need (Big, physical, and athletic). He would come at a cheaper price than V-Jax. His stats the past few years are down due to the offense that the Jets play. He indeed does drop some balls, but his production out weighs his drops.

Side Note- Skins need big WR's for Mcnabb. He is not always accurate (as we all know)-- bigger WR's will help Mcnabb with some of his innaccuracy.

Braylon Edwards wants to stay in NY, and I believe the Jets find a way to resign him.

Yes, VJax will cost us some money in contract talks, but its been waaaaay too long since we have had a true #1 reciever. And VJax would definitly fit that mode.

Kyle S. would use him similar to what he did with Johnson in Houston.

Armstrong

V. Jackson

S. Moss

M. Kelly

and maybe Sydney Rice if he is healthy enough.

Not too bad of a lineup for McNabb to throw to, that is if the team brings him back ..........

I'm not sure about that. I believe in taking the best player available in the early part of the draft.

And its not like the draft is the only way to build a line.

:doh:

Who let Vinny have an account on ES?

We've tried building an O-line without the draft for years now... great work I say.

We've tried building an O-line without the draft for years now... great work I say.

We can't reach for a o-lineman we need to start hitting on more of our picks. Attempting to build a all-decade o-line while watching your skill positions fall apart is not the answer either.

My name is "Randy" not Vinny and I didn't say that you don't draft ANY O-lineman. :pfft:

I just meant that you don't have to build the line entirely through the draft.

For example, I'm not going to pass up a Randy Moss-type talent just to draft a solid guard.

Archived