Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#1 WR Options

method man

Hasn't NFL teams proven that you don't need to spend tons of free agent dough or draft a WR early in order to make an impact?

I've seen Indy, New England, and other teams add some solid guys Collie, and Edelmen just by allowing their scouts to do their homework. I personally, believe its about the system more then the so called "#1 guy".

If were gonna wait on a Sophmore, I'd rather it be Alshon Jeffery.

I agree with this, Alshon Jeffery is bigger and better than Julio Jones and AJ Green. He currently is THE best receiver in the SEC right now and second best in the nation. The guy is only a sophomore right now and he's making big plays after big plays. If you watch him in games he seems to always be open and he always makes the catch. He's the perfect 6'4 230 pound possession receiver the redskins have been missing for a LONG time.

IMO going Green/Jones in the first and then snagging Wisniewski in the 2nd would be the best draft approach. Use the rest of our picks for depth then come back next year and grab a stud RB (Ryan Williams or LaMicheal James) and another solid WR.

Keep an eye out for Derek Moye out of PSU next year. 6-5 200 with 4.5 speed. If he picks up a little more strength he'll be a great prospect.

I don't care if we have Jerry Rice, Art Monk and Andre Johnson, if your QB is on his ass or running for his life, the offense is going to be inconsistent.

"Protect the QB, Win the Championship."

even with the best line ever, were not going to get far without some actual talent at the skill positions. its a process to build everything up. we just drafted our franchise LT and he seems to be doing a great job. were going to find oline in FA this year, and we'll definitely draft some more interior guys. and maybe capers or cook turns out to be a starter, who knows.

but if you think we can assemble the hogs again, and somehow win with roydell williams as our #3 receiver and the stable of RBs we have now, think again. at some point you need to have real NFL talent at the skill positions, and currently we are struggling mightly in those areas.

Hasn't NFL teams proven that you don't need to spend tons of free agent dough or draft a WR early in order to make an impact?

I've seen Indy, New England, and other teams add some solid guys Collie, and Edelmen just by allowing their scouts to do their homework. I personally, believe its about the system more then the so called "#1 guy".

I agree.

WR's are notoriously hard to draft specifially because there are so many factors that go into making a WR successful.

For example.. would anyone know who DeSean Jackson was if we was in Oakland?.. probably not.

I agree.

WR's are notoriously hard to draft specifially because there are so many factors that go into making a WR successful.

For example.. would anyone know who DeSean Jackson was if we was in Oakland?.. probably not.

Exactly, but now everyone know's who Jacoby Ford is. And he was drafted in what round? The guy is sick. That game he had 3 weeks ago was the best single game from a reciever I've ever seen. He litterally saved the Raiders from the jaws of defeat on 4 seperate occasions. Also Ricky Sanders and Gary Clark weren't high round picks either, however our first round picks Desmond Howard, Michael Wesbrook, and Rob Gardener didn'rt work out so well.

Archived