Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sanatana done?

Redzone Offense

Sorry mate! But, have to politely disagree with your assessment.

Santana Moss is getting over the hill. He is not a game breaker as he used to be, He has lost his speed, and now his hand skills to make clutch catches,. Frankly, Anthony Armstrong has played better than him, and made more of an impact.

Also, Keiland Williams has shone with a sucky O-Line, and limited support.

These days, most would consider Santana a liability. He is responsible for a number of dropped balls that killed drives, and what's worse his fumbling the catch has resulted in interceptions!

Anthony Armstrong dropped a pass too today

He will be good for us as a #2 receiver next year, we shouldnt cut him, he is still productive, but we should bring in a big young guy, maybe a FA or draft pick to take that #1 spot

Today, he wasn't even good enough to be a number two. This Santana would be a great number two talk is everybody's fall back defense. I don't think Santana is done, but I don't know what he does well anymore? Is he a deep threat? A clutch receiver? Does he know how to find holes in the zone? Can he beat one on ones consistantly?

There's nothing Moss does that really stands out and makes you go wow or makes D coordinators nervous anymore. He's okay. Sometimes, he's good. When he's off he's absolutely terrible and he seems to have games where his head is just completely elsewhere... esp. when he gets dinged. We'd have been better off if he didn't suit up today if he was in so much pain that he couldn't catch or concentrate.

Sorry mate! But, have to politely disagree with your assessment.

Santana Moss is getting over the hill. He is not a game breaker as he used to be, He has lost his speed, and now his hand skills to make clutch catches,. Frankly, Anthony Armstrong has played better than him, and made more of an impact.

Also, Keiland Williams has shone with a sucky O-Line, and limited support.

Dude please give me 3 competent sentences on how AA has played better than Santana

AA averages like two catches and 2 drops a game

I swear I dnt understand human behavior ...

These days, most would consider Santana a liability. He is responsible for a number of dropped balls that killed drives, and what's worse his fumbling the catch has resulted in interceptions!

Dude please gimme 3 competent sentences on how AA has played better than santana??

AA averages two catches and two drops a game

I swear I dnt understand human behavior

*had to re-write cuz of this stupid iPhone

i don't think Santana is done..

but.. he's not a #1.. but everybody has known that for a few years.

He could have up to 5 more productive years in the slot.

He's definitely not a #1 anymore though.

ADD: I'd also like to say that AA ain't no #1 either.. he's a 4. Plus he's 27.. so no point really in trying to spend much time developing him. This team doens't have a #1 or a #2 reciever.

Please stop it

stop it!!!

The insanity is ridiculous

the man had a pro bowl game last week and has a good chance of going over 1000 yards again

dude please we lost but stop it

who else could we have brought in to play wr?

Randy moss? So he could take plays off?

Vincent Jackson? So we could trade draft picks and give everybody on es anuerysms? (sp)

tj housh? So he could be useless?

T.o.? So he and mcnabb can take kindergarten jabs at each other??

Santana is not the problem dude

I agree...I just wish he would stop leaving his feet EVERYTIME the ball is thrown to him. Catch the damn thing in stride and run up field. When he leaves his feet (most of the time it's unecessary) bad things happen.

I agree. in his defense, Santana kinda bounced back and caught a couple big 3rd down conversions for 1st downs the very next drive.

I've always liked Mossy, but he doesn't have the size or strength to be a #1 receiver. He never has. But he still has some good years left in him, just make him a #2 or use him in the slot.

Agreed but this is THE problem with the team...we have a bunch of 2nd teamers that the coaches and the FANS want to make into number 1's. Let me ask ES this question...how many players on this team would say you have FAITH in that they won't fumble or drop a ball or blow a coverage?......maybe RAK, Fletch on D and NOBODY on O for me. Point is we the fans are expecting way too much from this team. We are in a rebuilding phase and that means NEW players I look for Shanny and Allen to really change some things up after the season.

I believe he is a FA. I don't think he is done in terms of skills. I would like to resign him at a reasonable price. If he walks we are in desperation mode at WR. I think our hand will really be forced this offseason we have to get a WR. And I don't think we can rely on a rookie to come in and be the number one guy from day 1. All signs point toward Vincent Jackson.

How do you guys define No.1 WR?

Is it by production/stats

or

By how defenses account for him?

Because Tana still draws double coverage from some teams.

And Tana can still produce at high level giving high level targets.

He draws double coverage because the rest of our WR's would struggle just to make most teams' rosters.

He's not a tier 1 or 2 WR.

He draws double coverage because the rest of our WR's would struggle just to make most teams' rosters.

I disagree.

Teams don't doube a WR just because there's no other threat.

They would just deploy their defensive focus somewhere else like stopping the run or blitzing.

I'm just asking a question here: What makes you say that he's not a 'tier 1 or 2 WR' what does this mean?

What makes a tier 1 or 2 WR? Who are the WRs that are tier 1 and 2 WRs?

A tier 1 WR is a guy you know you can count on to make the big tough catches to extend drives or score touchdowns. Guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.

Moss is not at that level. He can still make you pay, but he just isn't as reliable as those guys. It doesn't mean he's "done", just his role needs to be fixed. He should be a #2 WR.

He isn't close to done. He's just not a #1 wide out. The ideal set up is:

1- Big strong fast "go up and get it" type of wide out.

2- Sure handed wide out that either has ideal speed or knows how to use his body.

slot- quickness.

Moss is ideal in the slot right now. Armstrong looks like he can develop into a #2 but the guy is incredibly inconsistent. He got caught jogging on a go route today and dropped a few balls. For those wondering why McNabb can't seem to hit him in stride look at that jogging play and tell me if you can accurately predict where the hell he's going to be on any given play.

We need to draft a #1 like Dez Bryant has been for the cowboys. Sadly that is hard as hell to come by so, pray. lol

Santana Moss has been inconsistent the past few weeks. He could have extended a number of drives when the ball hit him in the chest and bounced out. Ditto for Anthony Armstrong.

Just goes to show you that this position as with running back is in transition. We don't have horses we need right now at WR or RB to take the heat off McNabb.

He is the 11th ranked WR in the game today. Is he done? Are you serious!!!!

He had a bad game. At least he didn't get ejected from his game for beating someone up. And while I'm mentioning the Andre Johnson who is argued as the best WR in the game today Santana had more yards then AJ did in weeks 1, 3, 4, 5, and week 11 this year. He isn't done, he's human

He is the 11th ranked WR in the game today. Is he done? Are you serious!!!!

He had a bad game. At least he didn't get ejected from his game for beating someone up. And while I'm mentioning the Andre Johnson who is argued as the best WR in the game today Santana had more yards then AJ did in weeks 1, 3, 4, 5, and week 11 this year. He isn't done, he's human

Andre Johnson is 100x the WR santana is, so stop.

That being said, Moss should be a #2, but he's pressed into being our #1 because there aren't other options at this point. We just need at TRUE #1 WR.

*I still laugh at the fact that during the preseason, Joey T. said Moss had some of the best hands he's ever seen....hahahahahaha...homerism at it's finest.

Archived