Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sanatana done?

Redzone Offense

btw, i think that these posters advocating trading moss are overestimating his value. and/or overestimating our talent level overall. we/he is just not that good. and he's short. and not getting any taller. and not as fast as he used to be.

what in the world would we get for a player like that?

Santana is not done, Santana used to make the plays AA is making now. hes not that player anymore. mainly because protection has been inconsistent and hes not as fast as he used to be. i consider AA and Santana co #1 receivers on this team. Santana just isn't the deep threat he used to be. hence the need for AA

I'm not sure if this has been covered but I was listening to the radio today on the way home. An intelligent fan called into one of the radio shows (can't remember which) and said that Santana always catches with his body, that he doesn't catch with his hands. Either his hands alone are suspect or he just prefers to catch with his body/chest...but when you do that and the DB hits you from behind, that's exactly what happens...the ball gets tipped/knocked up in the air. Catch the ball with your hands and you don't have that problem.

Makes perfect sense.

When is the last time we had a superstar wr, someone putting up over 10 tds, 1500yds in a single season???

The Redskins never have had a receiver putting up over 1500 yards in a season. Santana holds the team record for most yards with 1483 back in 2005.

The last time a Skins player caught 10 touchdowns in a season was Gary Clark in 1991.

Like most I think he could play another 2 - 3 years if they could move him to the slot and keep him in motion. But he does have a knack for coming up small at the most inopportune moments. Especially that Seattle playoff game. There have been many other 'big' games where a ball went off his hands and ended up as a pick. I don't know if he has small hands or whatever. But it happens way too often for a professional.

I think he could be a good #2 and awesome slot receiver in this league. He's always been undersized as a #1, but seems over-matched now. I don't see him outrunning defenses like he used to this season.

this is true, i still think he has value, and would maybe even excel in another role, but that means we need someone to step up to be the #1, and who knows who thats gonna be.

:ols:

No. He is exactly who he as always been. A fantastic #2 WR who can be extremely hot or extremely cold. He has the ability to get 150 yards and 1-2 TDs and has the ability to be completely shut down.

Exactly who he has been for years. Still has plenty left in the tank and will be a great #2, when we get a true #1. Happy to have him on the team for a few more years.

Other than 2005, Santana Moss has never shown he can be a #1 and they haven't been able to find anyone to fill that role.

Thomas, Kelley, Mitchell, three WR picks that gave them absolutely nothing.

That being said Moss has really been a disappointment. He and Cooley are really the only hold overs on offense and yet they've done nothing on the field to show their experience, talent, and heart which we know they have. How does McNabb come in and become the unquestioned leader of the offense in half a season? Where are these guys?

Cooley is a goofball, I get that, but Moss? I always hoped he'd develop into a poor man's Gary Clark but it's safe to say it's not going to happen.

On a below average WR corps he really should shine and he hasn't. Like EVERY other position on this team the #1 WR is not an elite player.

If his salary reflects his proper role (#3, maybe a #2 if he picks it up) then they should keep him, if not, thanks for the memories Santana.

Sadly, the reality is that other than Banks, Williams, Cooley or Davis, and Orakpo, there isn't a single player on this team that "needs" to stay here.

There is no "foundation" here, there is nothing here. This organization can continue to barely tread water with four picks a year and be a FA player or they can just "blow it up". Build up through the draft and actually create a team that can compete and God forbid have an identity again.

Archived