Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb is the reason we won.

PalmettoRedskin

I thought McNabb played like dog S***.

He was constantly missing his targets. A lot of the receptions that he did hit were off target causing the WR to chane his route, slow him down and take away from a big run after the catch.

He Over threw Moss wide open in the beginning of the game. When he goes to a check off, those throws are off too, he either missed, or lead the RB away from open field No one should have to leap to catch a screen pass. Any receiver that was running open in the middle of the field, he would over throw them making them have to dive to barely get fingertips on the ball.

The INT wasn't pretty, he had great protection and had all day, and still thre a pick, but what is worse is that there were several other situations where it should have been an INT, but was dropped by TEN.

I don't know if he is the one to blame for this, but he is constantly falling from center. Maybe that is the center's fault, but he has now done it under two different centers.

We won today because the Oline stood up, because we had a running game, because they had to play a rookie QB, and because they made penalty after penalty, and because the D played well.

McNabb does not look as comfortable as he did in Philly, he isn't having as much fun on the sidelines. I don't know if he is a fit for Shanahan, but I want to give him time. The potential is there, but I think Shanahan is used to having an accurate passer that is always mentally on top of everything that is happening on the field.

He was constantly missing his targets. A lot of the receptions that he did hit were off target causing the WR to chane his route, slow him down and take away from a big run after the catch.

Wow. And people think I'm critical of him.

He played pretty well. No QB throws every pass right on target. He threw mostly catchable balls and a couple of good deep passes.

McNabb was the typical McNabb -- up and down. There were streaks when he played well -- especially when he started connecting with Cooley. There were times when he played badly. Williams, Davis, Cooley, Moss, Armstrong -- all had good games. Gano went 4 of 5. The patchwork O-line did a great job. The Titans offense kept imploding, and didn't exploit the Redskins secondary.

Bottom line -- even though he made a lot of pass attempts, I wasn't thinking that McNabb was having a 4-star day. There were too many faulty stretches of play sandwiched in with the good plays. He's got to be more accurate. But he did move the offense well -- something we need to see more of.

My Redskin player of the game is either Williams, Cooley or Gano. And I'm getting more and more impressed with Armstrong.

Special kudos to Lorenzo Alexander for that early game-changing strip of the ball from Young. That was a really big play, especially in hindsight. Heal up quickly 'Zo!!

He Over threw Moss wide open in the beginning of the game. When he goes to a check off, those throws are off too, he either missed, or lead the RB away from open field No one should have to leap to catch a screen pass. Any receiver that was running open in the middle of the field, he would over throw them making them have to dive to barely get fingertips on the ball.

The INT wasn't pretty, he had great protection and had all day, and still thre a pick, but what is worse is that there were several other situations where it should have been an INT, but was dropped by TEN.

I don't know if he is the one to blame for this, but he is constantly falling from center. Maybe that is the center's fault, but he has now done it under two different centers.

We won today because the Oline stood up, because we had a running game, because they had to play a rookie QB, and because they made penalty after penalty, and because the D played well.

McNabb does not look as comfortable as he did in Philly, he isn't having as much fun on the sidelines. I don't know if he is a fit for Shanahan, but I want to give him time. The potential is there, but I think Shanahan is used to having an accurate passer that is always mentally on top of everything that is happening on the field.

I guess McNabb isn't your favorite QB? Did you know he was in the same offense for 10 years? We need to play this year out.

I agree that McNabb was up and down. And his accuracy was not good, even on the conpletions, several of which were off the mark.

And then there is the issue of missing wide open receivers (missing as in just not seeing them). Armstrong and Moss both played well enough to be all over the ESPN highlights tonight if they had a better QB.

Let's not get carried away with 367 yards and 16 points in a game that went into 5 quarters. If we're going to become a playoff team in 2011 or 2012, we still need a far better quarterback.

Nah, I don't see it quite that way. He played well enough to get us the win. To me it seems this team is no more talented than last years team, but the difference is in the coaching staff and their ability to help get everyone fired up.

I think the team is less talented than last season. The difference is coaching and QB. Zorn and JC would be 3-7 right now. If that.

He was constantly missing his targets.

Dude. You were apparently watchin the wrong game. Because that describes Favre's performance today. NOT McNabb's!

Donovan missed a few today. Every QB does. Even the QB that every sports "expert" for the last few days has apparently anointed "The Best QB EVUH," Michael Vick, has had to re-enter Earth's atmosphere to find out that even HE has missed a few tonight!

Donovan played well enough with a patchwork line -- guys playing COMPLETELY out of position -- to get a win today. Even WITH Joey Galloway. And that's all you can ask. To state that he "played like dog S***" is complete ignorance and probably should be nominated as the dumbest post of all time!

As a former devout Donovan McNabb hater, my coming to his defense says a lot. They guy is still learning the offense, as is the rest of the team. McNabb has won me over with his determination, his level head, and his work ethic. He doesn't exactly have a lot to work with, and the playcalling .. aside from today's which was better .. has been pretty poor.

It's so funny yo watch the changing reactions on here from week to week. McNabb is horrible, now he's great. Shanny should be fired, now he's the best coach we could hope for.

Welcome to ES, where the Skins are either the worst team in the history of the NFL or Super Bowl bound. Enjoy your stay.

I disagree with the OP-

Yes Mcnabb played a good game, and it seemed to be typical McNabb.

He had time, he throws a pick.

Then he makes some good throws.

He overthrows on some deep balls.

But he is intelligent and a very capable leader of the offense.

Watching him play he reminds me of a rookie QB with his passes, but then he reminds me of his veteran leadership on the field.

No, to me this win is on the coaches. They regrouped this team after a demoralizing lost on MNF.

Shanahans philosophy of having the lineman learn other positions was a huge benefit today.

And with players going down all over the place with injuries, they kept it together.

The interceptionn was Galloway's fault yet again. He didn't make a play for the ball while the DB did. It was a perfectly thrown ball, but Galloway put forth no effort in making the play.

No way. McNabb threw WAY too late. I'm just as down on Galloway on the next guy, but this one's on McNabb.

Was an average performance to me but it was good enough to win. I wish he was a tad more accurate, he's late on throws with guys wide open...better than anything we've had in a while but I expect more from him.

i have no idea how you call 367 average. his one pick was about the only mistake of the entire game. the overthrow on moss is gonna happen, he hits so many of those, hes not gonna be 100%. and didnt he turn around a few players later and connect on a 48 yard bomb?

mcnabb is the man, hes a good QB and today we saw that with some time he can pick a great defense apart. tenn was 2nd in the league in sacks today and i dont think we really gave up a legit sack, aside from mcnabb falling over twice.

mcnabb is the man, hes a good QB and today we saw that with some time he can pick a great defense apart. tenn was 2nd in the league in sacks today and i dont think we really gave up a legit sack, aside from mcnabb falling over twice.

You're right about the titans, they owned the nfc east this year and for mcnabb to come into Tennessee and get a win was huge in my book

You mean when his foot gets stepped on... yeah me too.

What IS the deal with this? Is it technique or timing or what?? I've never played organized football, so I dont know the reasons for such issue, but it happens over and over and over again.. Shouldnt this be a fixable problem in practice?? Seems like we make just enough "silly" mistakes per game, at the most crutial of times, to keep every game in the heartattack catagory.. Id of thought a Shanny coached team would be alot more desciplined than we are.. (Not just refering to the tripping of #5, but also the motion pens, formation pens, holding, ect., ect.,)

I got news for you dude, if Mcnabb placed that pass just 8 inches above where it was thrown into the dirt, it would have been intercepted, and TN would have had the ball deeeeep in our territory with seconds left, game over.

He may be the reason we won, he was also 8 inches from being the reason we lost....yet again.

Just pointing out how perception can do a 180 based on one play.

:ols: :ols:

You do realize you can apply that logic to pretty much any throw to the NFL?

Anyway on a side note, Every win is a team effort. Your QB can have 3 Tds but if your defense doesn't prevent the other team from scoring just as much you risk losing the game. However the offense still has to come through as well and they did. It's too bad it may be too little too late

Well, I wouldn't attribute a team victory to only one individual. However, I agree that McNabb played a good game today. It really is amazing what he can do when he has decent protection...

I would also attribute this win to our O-line's stellar play, our defense only giving up 9 points, our "backups," and our coaching gameplan in addition to the coaches' ability to refocus our players for today's game.

McPOS is what he is. Hes not going to win you games and hes usually not going to lose you games. If the game is there to win like today then you will win with McPOS. That sums him up pretty well

Facepalm. The McNabb hate is strong with this one.

Like it or not, McNabb played quite well today.

It was a bad pass that could have easily been picked and cost the game. That's just the way it is.

No. It's not. It could not have been "easily" picked. Just like it was not DROPPED.

Archived