Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb is the reason we won.

PalmettoRedskin

Not interested in the semantics of whether it was a "drop". Point is, it could have easily been caught by the DB. It was a bad pass that could have cost us.

No, the point is it could NOT have "easily" been caught by the DB. He dove and stuck his hand out to deflect the ball and then trapped it. You said he dropped it, which he didn't.

The INT wasn't dropped, it bounced up into the DB's chest. In reality the cornerback put one hand out to deflect the pass, the ball hit the ground and then he immediately cradled it into his chest. That wasn't luck, it was just a good play.

I have to watch it again, but I could have sworn he was pretty far forward when he threw it too....

Wow a lot of McNabb hate.

McNabb threw 50 times today, for almost 400 yards. He managed the game very well. He got every receiver involved in the offense. He led the two-minute offense into field goal range as the clock expired, not once, but twice. He was effective on third down. He also got us into position to kick the game winning field goal. What more do you want?

Yeah there were a few errant throws in there, but that is going to happen when you throw the ball as much as he did today. He overthrew Moss, and threw a couple balls into coverage, but he is certainly one of the reasons we won today. Maybe not THE reason, but definately one of the reasons. Good game by McNabb today.

"Just the way it is" lol :ols:...Yes, it's impossible for anyone to have a valid perspective that doesn't match yours. :thumbsup:

No way in hell was that an "easy" INT if it indeed ended up being one...

OH MY GOD. "that easily could have been intercepted" Are you SERIOUSLY telling me you don't understand the usage of the word "easily there? Really? You think that could only mean "it was an easy interception"? Really?

Boy, I love coming to a football board and getting drawn into ridiculous semantic debates.

Mcnabb did a lot of good things today, and a few not so good things. Overally, he had a good performance, and if he had played all year like he did today I wouldn't have been complaining. Saying that he's the reason we won, however, is going overboard.

I give McNabb a lot of credit but think you're stretching it a bit. Even McNabb himself wouldn't like this thread. It was a team effort

However that one bad interception aside I felt he had a good game. People keep bringing up the missed deep throw to Moss(which proves my point about nitpicking at every throw), but it's not as if deep throws connect all the time. We are around the top of the league in deep throws...give some credit to that....

The game showed that with time McNabb can do some things. We still need receivers...desperately. However, it's one thing to have a bad O-line AND short on receivers....but ya can't have both at the same time

This does however leave little room for error. It is week 11, had McNabb gotten time before we'd probably be 7-3. But at this point it may be a case of too little too late. Even Good Qbs have bad games with time, and unfortunately if McNabb struggles with protection people will say "But he had time". And that's the problem....we have 6 games left to go and because we've had inconsistent O-line and overall play all season...we're in a position where we have to be near perfect for the rest of the season.

So if the protection FINALLY decides to hold up, and the Skins pull out some wins for the rest of the year....count me as impressed. But again, we've put ourselves in a position where there's little room for error

It was a bad pass that could have easily been picked and cost the game. That's just the way it is.

Dude I know you don't like McNabb....but that "almost interception" would have been similar to the one handed interception at the end of the Colts game. Improbable...considering that the defender literally had to dive with one hand to try and make a play on the ball. Don't let your bias towards McNabb make you unreasonable

That said I do feel it was a full team effort today. The defense frustrated me at times but glad no Tds were allowed(though that may also have something to do with the incompetency of the Titans offense today). But every player deserves credit. The play of the game imo was when McNabb avoided a sack and hit Cooley in the beginning of overtime

You mean McNabb past the LOS? Nah...

Here's the video, btw:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112108/2010/REG11/redskins@titans#tab:watch

Watch the one titled "Titans hurt themselves in OT"...

Well, I assume I was wrong, since the refs didn't say anything.

It sure seemed like he had run quite a ways forward before throwing it though when it happened. lol

Maybe I'm too used to our QBs making dumb mistakes.

Is it in the highlights anywhere (didn't notice it in that one video).

The big thing to me is how McNabb got everybody involved. Moss, Davis, Cooley, Armstrong, Banks, even Galloway contributed. That is a testiment to the quarterback making his reads and finding the open man. It tells me things are starting to click for McNabb. Couple that with a couple good two-minute drives, and a bunch of big third-and-long conversions, and you gotta be impressed.

OH MY GOD. "that easily could have been intercepted" Are you SERIOUSLY telling me you don't understand the usage of the word "easily there? Really? You think that could only mean "it was an easy interception"? Really?

Boy, I love coming to a football board and getting drawn into ridiculous semantic debates.

Um, is there any other way TO define "easy"? lol :ols:...

You used that word for a reason. You said the pass could have been "easily" intercepted BUT WAS DROPPED...There was nothing easy about intercepting that pass, and it was NOT dropped.

You'll have to contort your logic to an unrecognizable degree to wiggle out of this one lol...and, no, claiming it's nothing but "semantics" doesn't work. ;)

Well, I assume I was wrong, since the refs didn't say anything.

It sure seemed like he had run quite a ways forward before throwing it though when it happened. lol

Maybe I'm too used to our QBs making dumb mistakes.

Is it in the highlights anywhere (didn't notice it in that one video).

The video called "Titans hurt themselves in OT"...it's the first play in the video. :thumbsup:

Archived