Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Smart are you?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, considering Harvard, Princeton, and Yale grads run the country and the country is in horrible shape, it does mean something.

An even more obvious dodge than the last one.

Why is it so difficult to admit that someone whose positions you disagree with is an objectively intelligent person?

<predicts "yeah, but dems blah blah blah Bush" response>

Why is it so difficult to admit that someone whose positions you disagree with is an objectively intelligent person?

That's a good question since you obviously can be objectively intelligent and wrong at the same time.

Just because they are wrong does not mean they are stupid nor biased.

I was Valedictorian of my high school class of 44 students. After I graduated I realized that being number one in a hick-town school meant squat. I found out I was nowhere near as smart as I thought I was. I also realized my good grades were more of a result of working hard, not being smart.

What does that have to do with anything? Google "lizardmen posing as federal agents" or "the earth is flat" and you will get some hits too.

And trust me - no one reading this thread failed to notice that you attacked me personally but didn't respond to the substance of my post.

So I will repeat - top tenth of his graduating class at Harvard Law School. What does that mean to you?

wasn't directed at me, but I will answer anyway:)

Just because the internet says his IQ is 125 doesn't mean squat, (probably means that it is not 125, could be lower, more likely higher)

about "top tenth of his graduating class" means "book smart" I think we all know some "book smart" idiots who know everything in their narrow field, but when you ask them anything outside what the know, they are clueless. Jimmy Carter was smart, didn't make him a good President. Obama is looking like Jimmy Carter in that way; smart man, bad President.

I was Valedictorian of my high school class of 44 students.

I always wondered what that would be like(small school experience)

My daughter married a guy like that,he seems well adjusted despite reality intruding....working at things is underrated imo

An even more obvious dodge than the last one.

<predicts "yeah, but dems blah blah blah Bush" response>

I'm sorry. Where did I say Obama was dumb? If you look at my orginal post, I gave him a 7. I said I don't understand why the left try to make him out to be brilliant. Then again, he does throw a baseball like Steve Urkel, so maybe he has nerd smarts.

Dude was editor in chief of Harvard Law Review, the most prestigious possible academic credential in law. And if you think he got that honor from affirmative action (he didn't), then consider this: he also graduated Magna Cum Laude from the same Harvard Law School, which has blind grading on all of its exams.

Come on Predicto you didn't honestly expect an honest evaluation of Obama from War Paint now did you? Because if you did I'm seriously going to re-evaluate your smarts. :ols:

What I find hilarious about that type of attitude is that if it was their kid who had graduated Harvard Magna Cum Laude and was editor of the Harvard Law Review they'd be bragging about that all day long, they'd even have one of those little "my kid is smarter than your kid" bumper stickers made up, but when it comes to a President that is of a different party affiliation then all of that counts for nothing, and with some it now counts against them as a fault. I hate that type of attitude because it says "that which we want all of our children to acheive will be held against them once they acheive it."

Come on Predicto you didn't honestly expect an honest evaluation of Obama from War Paint now did you? Because if you did I'm seriously going to re-evaluate your smarts. :ols:

What I find hilarious about that type of attitude is that if it was their kid who had graduated Harvard Magna Cum Laude and was editor of the Harvard Law Review they'd be bragging about that all day long, they'd even have one of those little "my kid is smarter than your kid" bumper stickers made up, but when it comes to a President that is of a different party affiliation then all of that counts for nothing, and with some it now counts against them as a fault. I hate that type of attitude because it says "that which we want all of our children to acheive will be held against them once they acheive it."

lol, I gave the man a 7. You would have a point if I gave Obama a 2 or 3, just like the leftest here did, giving Obama a 10 and Palin a 2. I was one of the more objective voters in this thread. Most of you guys are still in the "Yes he can!" trance.

I've always considered myself among the smartest of the dumb... or dumbest of the smart.... I'll go 5 on myself.

A) Barrack Obama 8

B) Sarah Palin 2

C) Ron Paul 2

D) Glen Beck 5

E) Jon Stewartd 8

F) The average Glen Beck Viewer 5

G) the average Jon Stewart viewer 5

I consider myself smart enough to know that intelligence means absolutely nothing as any sort of barometer for success and/or happiness. I think as long as you aren't dumb, ie somewhere over 100 iq, intelligence is meaningless. From there, what matters is passion and hard work.

And actually, I would argue that high intelligence is more of a burden / borderline handicap in life.

I've long believed this....

We don't even know what passes for intelligence. It's kind of like a popularity contest... We not only don't know what it is, we certainly don't know how to quantify it. IQ tests are an extremely limited metric for inteligence.

It's not uncommon for folks to be considered a moron until they discover you are actually brilliant... Einstein failed out of numerous schools, was told by his french teacher he would never amount to anything because he couldn't conjugate french verbs. His family thought he was slow. Was unemployable as a teacher... Then the guy wins the nobel prize for his paper on special relitivity.

I grew up with a kid who was a straight C student k through 12. Nobody ever thought anything special about the guy. Got a 1500 perfect score on his SAT.. Dropped out of Harvard to work in the mail room of a start up... Within two years was running their IT department, until he left to become a bicycle currier.

Many abilities pass for intelligence in our society. The ability too...

• retain knowledge..
  • apply that retained knowledge.
  • creativity...
  • ability to craft logic or reason abstractly
  • ability to craft strategy
  • intuitively understand others motivations
  • work ethic

Posessing any of the above skills in greater than the average folks will fawn all over you..

Intelligence isn't a bar on a graph... it's a bar graph.

wasn't directed at me, but I will answer anyway:)

Just because the internet says his IQ is 125 doesn't mean squat, (probably means that it is not 125, could be lower, more likely higher)

about "top tenth of his graduating class" means "book smart" I think we all know some "book smart" idiots who know everything in their narrow field, but when you ask them anything outside what the know, they are clueless. Jimmy Carter was smart, didn't make him a good President.

I completely agree with you. Jimmy Carter was a nuclear engineer and a very smart man - and still a lousy President. That is what I was trying to explain to War Paint. Obama may not be the President you want, but he isn't just a moron in an empty suit reading a teleprompter. All objective evidence indicates that in terms of pure intelligence, Obama is at the top of the charts.

Archived