Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Smart are you?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A) Barrack Obama - 8 (but he thinks he is an 11) lacks real experience to balance his theoretical knowledge

B) Sarah Palin - 6 (not as dumb as some people think, but not a genius)

C) Ron Paul 8 (similar to Obama, thinks he is smarter. Seems to have a narrow field where he is genius, but a wide field where he is average at best)

D) Glen Beck 7 (enough knowledge to be dangerous, often cites correlations as causes)

E) Jon Stewart 5 (but he is funny)

F) The average Glen Beck Viewer 5 (very large audience, law of averages would put his average viewer at about average:))

G) the average Jon Stewart viewer 5 (again, very large audience, law of averages would put his average viewer at about average:))

I'm just curious why people think Obama is some sort of genius. From what I've read, his IQ is only around 125, about the same as Bush. Just because he can read a teleprompter doesn't make him highly intelligent.

it is not like you can look over his college transcripts to see how he did. for all we know he was just a "C" student.

I'm just curious why people think Obama is some sort of genius. From what I've read, his IQ is only around 125, about the same as Bush. Just because he can read a teleprompter doesn't make him highly intelligent.

Please. "From what I've read his IQ is only about 125." Where did you read that? How would they have any freaking idea?

Dude was editor in chief of Harvard Law Review, the most prestigious possible academic credential in law. And if you think he got that honor from affirmative action (he didn't), then consider this: he also graduated Magna Cum Laude from the same Harvard Law School, which has blind grading on all of its exams.

In other words, he was in the top ten percent or so of the graduating class at the most prestigious law school in the entire country. You simply cannot do that unless you are smart as hell.

The "teleprompter" meme that runs around conservative circles is really tiresome. You can disagree with Obama all you want, and think he is a horrible president. No doubt, some very intelligent people have poor judgment. Neverthless, claiming that Obama is nothing but an empty suit reading a teleprompter says much more about your sources of information than it does about Obama.

it is not like you can look over his college transcripts to see how he did. for all we know he was just a "C" student.

Like I said, we know he graduated in the top of his class at Harvard Law School, and we know that Harvard Law School uses blind grading on its exams.

Please. "From what I've read his IQ is only about 125." Where did you read that? How would they have any freaking idea?

Dude was editor in chief of Harvard Law Review, the most prestigious possible academic credential in law. And if you think he got that honor from affirmative action (he didn't), then consider this: he also graduated Magna Cum Laude from the same Harvard Law School, which has blind grading on all of its exams.

In other words, he was in the top ten percent or so of the graduating class at the most prestigious law school in the entire country. You simply cannot do that unless you are smart as hell.

The "teleprompter" meme that runs around conservative circles is really tiresome. You can disagree with Obama all you want, and think he is a horrible president. No doubt, some very intelligent people have poor judgment. Neverthless, claiming that Obama is nothing but an empty suit reading a teleprompter says much more about your sources of information than it does about Obama.

Very very very well said. Editor in Chief of Harvard Law Review - I can't even imagine how hard it must be to get that position.

Predicto, is there anything you can criticize Obama for or is your mancrush for him so strong that you will go down on the ship with him? Just google Obama IQ 125 and you'll find some hits. Geez man. Quit starring googly eyed at your Obama poster for once.

If his IQ is 125, he is top 10%.

Predicto, is there anything you can criticize Obama for or is your mancrush for him so strong that you will go down on the ship with him? Just google Obama IQ 125 and you'll find some hits. Geez man. Quit starring googly eyed at your Obama poster for once.

Are you retarded? It's not a rhetorical question.

Well, 125 would be top 10% according to the IQ bell curve. However, I wasn't going on IQ tests.

iq_bell_curve.gif

lol

What does that have to do with anything? Google "lizardmen posing as federal agents" or "the earth is flat" and you will get some hits too.

And trust me - no one reading this thread failed to notice that you attacked me personally but didn't respond to the substance of my post.

So I will repeat - top tenth of his graduating class at Harvard Law School. What does that mean to you?

What does that have to do with anything? Google "lizardmen posing as federal agents" or "the earth is flat" and you will get some hits too.

And trust me - no one reading this thread failed to notice that you attacked me personally but didn't respond to the substance of my post.

So I will repeat - top tenth of his graduating class at Harvard Law School. What does that mean to you?

Well, considering Harvard, Princeton, and Yale grads run the country and the country is in horrible shape, it does mean something.

Well, considering Harvard, Princeton, and Yale grads run the country and the country is in horrible shape, it does mean something.
Harvard grad John Adams and Princeton grad James Madison really ran this country into the ground.
:ols: 82% of posters believe they're in the top 10%.
65% of posters are wrong at least 25% of the time. 90% of poll voters are ninjas.

As one whose profession includes being licensed and experienced in administering and interpreting state of the art Intelligence/Personality/Psychological Development assessment tools, I can always expect a few good laughs at certain oft-present viewpoints (and claims) when the topic is discussed in the tailgate. Of course, that's the case with most every topic. :pfft:

But what a timely thread! :evilg: :D

I was thinking of somewhere to slip this (that's what she said), so, speaking of "intelligence" in the forum, it can go here...:silly:...so how "smart" are you really? ;)

We want more of the smart and less of the stupid. This is particularly pertinent to the political threads and any other serious topic. Humor, intelligence, and informed (even hard-edged) debate. Si!

Opinionated arrogance and the same rinse-repeat simplistic auto-responses for the millionth time in the million thread on the same damn matter: No!

There are going to continue to be posters, including some well-known names at times, simply disappearing from this forum based on my equally competent mod-licensed assessments. :cool:

I particularly advise people to watch the personalized insults or being a regular dick in gratuitous manner, or just generally being a continually regurgitating whackjob or trolling---and people need to educate themselves on what the rules actually say about what we seek here, what may be allowed, and what we advise against. :)

A big thank you to the many regular posters representing many disparate POV's on all such topics who alreasy do such a fine job of supporting the standard we seek to maintain.

We now end the buzzkill and return you to your program. :drooley:

Archived