Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Smart are you?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

See, I was exactly the opposite: I tested right at the top in a big school, but got bad grades because I never did my homework. Hard work counts for a lot. I still procrastinate and it still hurts me in certain ways. Guess it's just in my nature.

That's cause that marijuana make ya lazee

I voted a very honest 8. LOLing at how many people chose top 10%! Anyone actually that smart is not dumb enough to waste their time posting on ES. They should be off curing cancer of the nutsack or something.:)

I agree.

In standardized tests, I've always been in the "top 10%". With the poll, I put myself at an 8. I'm intelligent, but no genius.

Just for fun.

Where do you see yourself as compared to everyone else.

Also, assume these people were tailgate regulars where would you rate them?

A) Barrack Obama

B) Sarah Palin

C) Ron Paul

D) Glen Beck

E) Jon Stewartd

F) The average Glen Beck Viewer

G) the average Jon Stewart viewer

A; 10 easily

B: 6

C: 10

D: 7

E: 10

F: 5

G: 6

intelligence is a very nebulous concept but I think whatever metrics you use you still end up with the 10's being 10's except maybe Ron Paul

Jon Stewart is completely over-rated by all of you.

It is said that the smartest people you will ever meet in life are those who are successful despite a lack of education. For instance, I know a gentleman who is in his 60s who is a millionaire. Been in construction most of his life. He also never went to HS and I suspect probably reads on a 1st grade level. Now that's ****ing smart. Imagine the talent and intelligence required to overcome that type of handicap in life and become that type of success. It would have to be immense.

Point is, show me someone who has been successful despite some sort of hardship, chances are that is one intelligent mother****er. I mean hell, look at Obama. No dad, mixed ethnicity. That's a free pass in society to check out. Instead, he did the Harvard Law thing. Even Glenn Beck had it rough - isn't he a recovering addict or something?

Then, take Jon Stewart. Snarky little douchebag who grew up with rich parents in New Jersey. He's been afforded everything. He's failed at everything he's tried except when he started eating at the table Craig Kilborn set for him.

Jon Stewart is about half as smart as most of you are estimating.

Why U mad tho?

Though you do raise a good point... I've heard (read: correct me if I'm wrong) that intelligence is what allows people that grow up in rough situations to resist negative social pressures. People w/ low intelligence will give in to those pressures sooner... so you can grow up in a comfy environment and be dumb but still adapt to positive social pressures and be a fairly useful person, but if you grow up w/ negative influences and you aren't intelligent enough you will more quickly change to fit the negative environmental pressures...

so ultimately people can get a way w/ being dumb and affluent+moral pressures, but not dumb and indigent+immoral pressures

of course that doesn't mean that affluent people will be smart, but if you see someone that grew up w/ disadvantage and still had success (however you define that) then that person is probably fairly intelligent.

I voted myself in the top 10 but I believe that is based on personal experience. In almost every class I had I was one of the brightest students. I learned things very quickly and have a really good memory so o am able to learn and retain thing well which I think would make any one intelligent. Now u may laugh this off and I wouldn't blame u but I wish I was slightly number because maybe then I wouldn't procrastinate. I rely too heavily on intelligence and not enough on hard work.

Tbh I think that while I am intelligent I am also pretty dumb. I don't work nearly as hard as I should. But I passed the PCATs in the 90% without studying so I am confident in my abilities.

See, I was exactly the opposite: I tested right at the top in a big school, but got bad grades because I never did my homework. Hard work counts for a lot. I still procrastinate and it still hurts me in certain ways. Guess it's just in my nature.

When did I change my screen name and get born 14 years earlier?

A person who can access and utilize more information from memory is barely more useful than the person who can access the same information from the internet. Information has become more readily available and less valuable. We're all google "geniuses".

Zoony is talking about other measures of "genius" and I agree that those are more valuable in our society. To add, emotional intelligence is the key thing I notice when accessing the "intelligence" of another person.

Archived