Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Body Wash or Bar Soap

DieselPwr44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I like the old spice body wash with a loofah (sp?) when I'm at home. Is that gay?

Slightly.

I used to always use bar soap w/ no washcloth but I guess I've fallen victim to advertising because I'm only buying body wash these days...I still don't use a washcloth though. I can get a good lather w/out a cloth or poof thingy.

You realize that body wash is just the result of advertising campaigns because the manufactures make more money per real product. Most of your body wash is just water.

Notice how you don't see any bar soap commercials any more. It is because they want you to buy body washes and spend the extra money.

I'm pretty sure that body washes have a different cleanser than bar soap. In fact, if I recall correctly (and without looking it up) it seems like it's the same cleanser in shampoo.

Ok so I tried to look up the ingredients for old spice and found this:

Active Ingredients

Water; Sodium Laureth Sulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Sodium Sulfate; Fragrance; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; Lauryl Alcohol; Decyl Glucoside; DMDM Hydantoin; Lauryl Glucoside; Tetrasodium EDTA; Citric Acid; Polyquaternium-10; Yellow 10; Green 3

Compared to Dial:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/151795-ingredients-in-dial-bath-soap/

Personally I don't feel clean after trying to use body wash, so it's bar soap for me.

I don't understand the need for a washcloth. What's wrong with the hands ?

Nothing. Studies have shown that contact time and scrubbing are the two key factors in handwashing efficacy. I'd bet the same goes for other body parts. Besides, who wants a skanky washcloth or loofah hanging in the shower (a nice wet environment for growing all sorts of little critters)?

Seriously, the people that are saying the body wash is better because it doesn't dry their skin out, switch back to a bar soap and either use less soap to lather up whatever you are washing yourself with (don't use the soap bar), or lather up the same amount, but use that lather over a larger area.

You'll dry out less, you'll lose the soap more slowly, and you'll pay less than the body washes.

Pssst - I think he's a chemist. He's right you know...

I like the old spice body wash with a loofah (sp?) when I'm at home. Is that gay?

Yes. Seek help. :silly:

Soap and wash are both good. No cloth or loofah though (see above). My wife got me hooked on wash from either Boots or Lush (both UK companies) and also soaps from Lush. We buy them in the UK because they're about 3x the price here (or 2x in Canada). Great products, but definitely luxury items.

If I were stingier or poorer, I'd be following PeterMP's advice.

:ols: You guys analyze everything here in the tailgate. I'm still waiting for the thread to turn political.

That would be easy. Bar of soap is far more environmentally friendly. The ingredients are "greener" and the packaging is usually smaller and paper based.

enjoy :)

Nothing. Studies have shown that contact time and scrubbing are the two key factors in handwashing efficacy. I'd bet the same goes for other body parts. Besides, who wants a skanky washcloth or loofah hanging in the shower (a nice wet environment for growing all sorts of little critters)?

Exactly, the one in our house turned black from all the mold

Archived