Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Body Wash or Bar Soap

DieselPwr44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Body wash, because bar soap sucks.

Soap poof thing, because wash cloths suck.

You realize that body wash is just the result of advertising campaigns because the manufactures make more money per real product. Most of your body wash is just water.

Notice how you don't see any bar soap commercials any more. It is because they want you to buy body washes and spend the extra money.

You realize that body wash is just the result of advertising campaigns because the manufactures make more money per real product. Most of your body wash is just water.

Notice how you don't see any bar soap commercials any more. It is because they want you to buy body washes and spend the extra money.

Bar soap dries out my skin and leaves me feeling all clingy, I don't like that, body soap doesn't do that.

I like the old spice body wash with a loofah (sp?) when I'm at home. Is that gay?

I travel a lot so I use a lot of the small bars that hotels give you. The ones that make your muscles look really big.

Here's a thought. Doesn't matter which hotel chain, the hotel soap always comes in a wrapper that says "french milled bar soap". Why? Does carving a design into the top of the bar of soap make it clean better? Does it enhance the customer's stay at the hotel in any way? Did they used to just have regular soap, but guests kept demanding french milled soap on customer feedback forms? Or is there a marketing firm somewhere that consulted with all the hotel chains and said "you know, if you just had french milled bar soap, your revenue should increase."

I would imagine the milling of soap requires special equipment at the soap factory. Probably costs thousands and thousands. For what? And why is it called French Milled? Did the french get the idea to carve **** into soap? WTF.

I'm sure there's medicine a doctor could prescribe that would help me to answer these questions.

You're washing too much with the bar soap. Use less.

Or it all psychosamatic from the advertisements for body washes.

nonsense. try this "skin contact" type and tell me it's the same as Irish spring:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFfwSpp2_Og4evpZx9Do1-DwbvUQBso7kcqQw2zj_uNs1IEao&t=1&usg=__d2JDlUvEJC-5kkPRdJJ1La77LxI=

It doesn't feel the same at all and my wife likes the smell and claims I don't feel as dry. She bought it for me and she was right. Still have a bar of irish spring under the sink somewhere.

Also I play basketball 2-3 times a week and work out 2-3 times a week so I shower a lot (2 times a day at least usually). That might have something to do with the dry skin thing.

I get plagued by really itchy skin when I first get out of the shower in the summertime. So I switched to the Old spice body wash with moisturizers and the problem went away. So, I think there is a difference

Yeah, instead of washing with 100% soap, you are washing with about 25% soap and 75% water.

You are using LESS (and paying more for it).

Seriously, the people that are saying the body wash is better because it doesn't dry their skin out, switch back to a bar soap and either use less soap to lather up whatever you are washing yourself with (don't use the soap bar), or lather up the same amount, but use that lather over a larger area.

You'll dry out less, you'll lose the soap more slowly, and you'll pay less than the body washes.

Erm... most of me is just water.

Anyway, body wash. I like Old Spice.

That's true of just about all products. The first ingredient is almost always water

Archived