Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Body Wash or Bar Soap

DieselPwr44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Irish Spring bar, with no wash cloth or soap poof. Just straight up soap bar.

Same. Irish Spring is the manliest way to clean yourself. Body wash was recently invented and, therefore, is wussy. Real men have been using bar soap for centuries. Do you think R. Lee Ermy uses body wash? I don't think so. Also, body wash runs out really quickly and is more expensive.

Hell, it's soap, so it has to be clean, right?

Yes. In a soap v. scum battle, soap wins (mostly). In cases where it doesn't you're probably screwed just being in the shower, soap or not.

Eww, I'd never put harsh shampoo chemicals all over my junk

What if your junk had dandruff?

What the **** kind of shampoo do YOU use? :ols:

Flea shampoo apparently.

Dial bar soap. No loofah or washcloth. I think those bodywashes are a complete waste of money and they irritate my skin anyway. Pale skin and freckles = dial soap for life

Here's a thought. Doesn't matter which hotel chain, the hotel soap always comes in a wrapper that says "french milled bar soap". Why? Does carving a design into the top of the bar of soap make it clean better? Does it enhance the customer's stay at the hotel in any way? Did they used to just have regular soap, but guests kept demanding french milled soap on customer feedback forms? Or is there a marketing firm somewhere that consulted with all the hotel chains and said "you know, if you just had french milled bar soap, your revenue should increase."

That's ironic considering the French's aversion to soap.

I've never even noticed that and I have a whole bin at home of hotel soap, shampoo, etc. I'm now going to have to look at this when I get home from work.

is it easier to reach with a bar of soap in your hand or something? I'm confused

I'm not a big fan of washcloths, unless forced to use them at a hotel. Who really wants to use a washcloth in private areas, then have it sitting there in the shower to be used again? Disgusting.

So, I use one of those sponge things to apply the body wash on my body.

Now, it's impossible to use one of those sponge things for the hard to reach area, so a bar of soap works better for that. Then, unlike a washcloth, you can easily rinse off the bar of soap.

And I have seen a few mention Old Spice. Thumbs down, imho. You wouldn't wear their cologne, so why use their body wash? Unless you are over 70 years old, or work on an assembly line in Detroit.

Do Democrats use body wash or soap? Washcloth or hands?

Dems don't bathe that often.:) When they do, a hose outside in the yard will usually suffice. And leaves, grass or bark can substitute for a sponge/washcloth.:pfft:

Dial bar soap. No loofah or washcloth. I think those bodywashes are a complete waste of money and they irritate my skin anyway. Pale skin and freckles = dial soap for life

You probably haven't tried the right wash. I go to Northern Ireland for 2 weeks a year at least, and that is a place where there are tons of pale-skinned freckled people. We stay most nights with friends or family, and I've yet to see bar soap in the shower in anyone's house.

You probably haven't tried the right wash. I go to Northern Ireland for 2 weeks a year at least, and that is a place where there are tons of pale-skinned freckled people. We stay most nights with friends or family, and I've yet to see bar soap in the shower in anyone's house.

Really, that's your parameter for whether or not to use bar soap? :ols:

I guess I simplified it to pale skin and freckles. In reality, ever since I was a little kid, I've had sensitive skin (aka the cereal Trix would give me contact dermatitis, cinnamon-flavored anything, even candles, would make me break out....how I lucked out of asthma, braces, and coke-bottle glasses as a child I'll never know). I've grown up in a dial soap family and will always buy dial soap. It's the only soap that works well with my skin. Also, I only use Clinique facial wash products on my face. I've used those since I was a teenager and they work, so why change?

The way I see it is there is absolutely no extra cleanliness benefit to body wash, it's expensive, and it's a waste of money. But if people want to spend the money to buy it, that's great. I just prefer to spend my extra money on other things. Plus, I like that I can go to Costco and buy a huge pack and not have to worry about buying soap for a year.

Regardless, as far as I'm concerned, if you're washing with anything, you win :D

I don't understand the need for a washcloth. What's wrong with the hands ?

My hands are not furry enough to hold the soap and get the bubbles going like a washcloth can. I feel that I get a better scrub from something that actually scrubs my skins and gets rid of dead skin.

Exactly, the one in our house turned black from all the mold

You get them once a month they are only a buck or so, and you have a washing machine..right ? And how did you have only one ? You shared ? That's disgusting.

My hands are not furry enough to hold the soap and get the bubbles going like a washcloth can. I feel that I get a better scrub from something that actually scrubs my skins and gets rid of dead skin.

You can get a good enough lather going with just your hands. It just takes a few extra seconds. You don't need fur. Just patience and persistence.

You get them once a month they are only a buck or so, and you have a washing machine..right ? And how did you have only one ? You shared ? That's disgusting.

They're not mine. I don't use them at all. Just an observation from the people who use them in the house I share. Remember, I'm a hand-scrubber myself.

Archived