Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We knocked out Rodgers and Matthews today

airs0ft3r

I don't like the idea of getting excited about, or getting known for, knocking opposing players out of the game.

For several reasons.

1) The refs will have us under the microscope and will be prone to throw unnecessary flags against us.

2) Other teams will use it as motivation/revenge against us.

3) We should not depend on knocking other teams' stars out of the game, in order to win. We should concentrate on outplaying them.

4) Playing physical does not mean we have to knock players out. Knocking players out of the game in and of itself does not make you a great team.

5) Obviously we should not wish injury to other players. Do we like it when it happens to one of our own ?

I swear man, I love the Redskins, but I also have the worst luck againtst them. My fantasy team has been destroyed by the Skins defense, Steven Jackson (groin), Michael Vick (rib), now Jermichael Findley (knee) and Aaron Rodger (concussion). I'm down to 1 good QB with Romo sits to pee :( and no TE :(

I liking us taking players out with LEGIT hits.

The defense still needs to tighten up, and not allow so many soft plays.

Not if you listen to the Packers fans. I saw some on the NFL website on the story about the concussion claming it was a head shot by Jarmon. I'd have to see the video again, but it looked like he jumped to not really hit him. I thought the concussion came when his head hit the ground.

Not if you listen to the Packers fans. I saw some on the NFL website on the story about the concussion claming it was a head shot by Jarmon. I'd have to see the video again, but it looked like he jumped to not really hit him. I thought the concussion came when his head hit the ground.

Well, they don't really know when he got the concussion. Personally, I don't think it was Jarmon on that play at all. I'm thinking of an earlier play where Rogers got hit by two Redskins when running to the sidelines. He looked a bit woozy after the hit. Some coaches still leave their best players in if they think the player can "pass" the concussion test. Philly was terrible about following the new rules last week.

There was certainly helmet to helmet contact, but it didn't look intentional to me. Jarmon let up when Rodgers released the ball and their helmets just happened to colide as the momentum was carrying Jarmon into the QB.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jarmon got hit with a fine for the hit, but at least as far as I'm concerned, it didn't look like an intentional hit.

Archived