Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We knocked out Rodgers and Matthews today

airs0ft3r

Obviously this was the POTG due to Landry's interception, but Jarmon's fantastic play should be highlighted as well, especially given we haven't heard from him much this season yet.

Watch 26s into this video. Note how Jarmon doesn't extend his arms into Rodgers' grill, something that the vast majority of defenders would do and it would result in a personal foul. Instead, he leads with his chest and it has the same result.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty unsung, heady and intelligent play deserving of praise. If you didn't catch it live, watch the replay. Pretty impressive stuff.

Needless to say, that was a great play by Jarmon to get around the edge and lay the hit on Rodgers without drawing a flag.

It was rather interesting to see that we went into the game with only one genuine NT (Kemoeatu) on the active roster and used both Holliday and Jarmon at the position on passing downs. I was a little thrown off when I heard about it on 980 prior to kickoff and had wondered how that would work out but it is starting to make a little sense. You're not going to get a lot of push up the middle with those guys in the game but their ability to stunt or slant quickly out of their starting technique can do wonders to confuse the offensive line and throw off blocking assignments. That play by Jarmon is an excellent example as was the play where Holliday mysteriously drew a double team on the interior, allowing Fletcher and Alexander to converge on Rodgers untouched for a quick sack.

Rogers actually got a concussion when the 'Skins sent a blitz up the middle and two of our guys (can't remember who got to him) sacked him. Rogers ducked his head and the sack sort of bent his neck back. I, immediately knew it was a concussion. He got up slowly and he looked somewhat woozy once he finally got to his feet.

I believe this sack took place prior to Orakpo chasing down Rogers and sacking him. I'm sure this game will be end up on NFL Replay during the week and you all can take a look at the particular play where Rogers ended up with a concussion.

I don't want injuries on the other team, but I'm fine with hurting them (as in, knocking the wind outta them, dazing them, etc...). They are clean hits, but they are just really really hard and are effin up the other team. I support this.

If we were going for knees and twisting shoulders and what not I'd have a problem with it, but we are playing legit and clean, just really really hard.

I don't want injuries on the other team' date=' but I'm fine with hurting them (as in, knocking the wind outta them, dazing them, etc...). They are clean hits, but they are just really really hard and are effin up the other team. I support this.

If we were going for knees and twisting shoulders and what not I'd have a problem with it, but we are playing legit and clean, just really really hard.[/quote']

This is a great point. There's a big difference between hoping for cheap injuries and hoping that our guys can "hurt" their guys. Also, I do think that trying to knock the other team's QB out of the game is, well, part of the game, assuming the hit's clean. How many people have a problem celebrating Manley's hit on Danny White in '82? I don't. The hit was clean (at the time, might not be today), and football is about knocking heads.

I don't give a **** if opponents get hurt. For years we've been the team that loses guys game in and game out and everyone would always bash us for not having depth and blah blah blah. Whatever, now it's time to dish out the pain. Win or lose opponents WILL feel the wrath of the Redskins. Obviously I'm not advocating for our guys to play dirty and try to injure other guys but if we hit them clean and hard and they get hurt, tough. This is football, if you don't want contact go watch golf or ballet or some crap.

Funny thing is Aikman and Buck were raving about how the Packers keep all their draft picks and are loaded with all this young talent and depth and the Skins were just some old and decrepit team. Yet the young stallion Packers were the ones that kept falling to injury while the old guy Skins got stronger as the game progressed.

Rodgers with an concussion and I'm not sure what we did to Matthews. Skins play hard ball. Who else did we knock out in previous weeks?

week 2

Andre Johnson (Ankle?)

week 3

Michael Vick (Broken Ribs/Cartalidge)

Lashawn McCoy (Broken Ribs)

week 4

Aarron Rogers (Concussion)

Jermichal Finley (Sholder)

Matthews (Hamstring)

Is anyone noticing a pattern? Are we really hitting that hard to where we are hurting players? or are we just getting a good break? LOL I think a little of both.:logo:

week 2

Andre Johnson (Ankle?)

week 3

week 4

Matthews (Hamstring)

Is anyone noticing a pattern? Are we really hitting that hard to where we are hurting players? or are we just getting a good break? LOL I think a little of both.:logo:

Don't forget week one Demarcus Ware.

week 2

Andre Johnson (Ankle?)

week 3

week 4

Matthews (Hamstring)

Don't forget Asante' Samuels

My position on celebrating other players getting hurt is that it's poor sportsmanship. We should never hope to hurt players as they are also dads, husbands and bread winner's. As someone who abides in "what goes around, comes around," I can't see delighting in folks getting hurt. I am proud of our defense for being physical and punching our opponent in the mouth, but injuries? I would rather not see that.

My position on celebrating other players getting hurt is that it's poor sportsmanship. We should never hope to hurt players as they are also dads, husbands and bread winner's. As someone who abides in "what goes around, comes around," I can't see delighting in folks getting hurt. I am proud of our defense for being physical and punching our opponent in the mouth, but injuries? I would rather not see that.

I feel we all have to deliniate the difference (see that alliteration?) between hurting the other team and injuries. I never want Landry to hit a guy in the kneecap and end his season, but I will cheer if he hits some player and bruises a rib on a clean hit. I'll also applaud the opposing player off the field.

If it's a clean hit, just hard, I see no problem. Now, if you start hoping one of our guys chop blocks Clay Mathews and breaks his kneecap, that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with cheering for Rak to smash someone into the dirt and make him confused for a bit. It's like hoping for a good knockout punch in boxing.

I feel we all have to deliniate the difference (see that alliteration?) between hurting the other team and injuries. I never want Landry to hit a guy in the kneecap and end his season' date=' but I will cheer if he hits some player and bruises a rib on a clean hit. I'll also applaud the opposing player off the field.

If it's a clean hit, just hard, I see no problem. Now, if you start hoping one of our guys chop blocks Clay Mathews and breaks his kneecap, that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with cheering for Rak to smash someone into the dirt and make him confused for a bit. It's like hoping for a good knockout punch in boxing.[/quote']

At the same time, ticking off a list of injured guys and high fiving each other ove it is pretty bad. It's the body count aspect of this thread that I find unworthy.

At the same time, ticking off a list of injured guys and high fiving each other ove it is pretty bad. It's the body count aspect of this thread that I find unworthy.

At the same time, we all celebrate Lavar's hit on Aikman and Manley's on Danny White.

I see what you are saying, but I have to disagree.

Archived