Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Bidwell. Now

MonkFan8

He's got a 44 yard gross. Either way, you're not gonna get a punter on the street that's gonna have a better net than him. I'll take a 40 yard net any day of the week. Hunter the Punter only had a gross of 41 and net of 37, and everybody wants him back.

Yards only tell part of the story. What you don't see on TV is that he has absolutely no height on his punts. They're all absolutely ugly, and so they may get a decent distance, but they're traveling in a fairly straight line to get there.

Did we work out Hunter this week? I know we were looking at options because of the Bidwell injury. After today's game we should just decide to go in a different direction. Whether its with Hunter or not, Kickers/Punters don't deserve this much loyalty. Look at what NO did with their kicker who won them a SB. Cut him NOW.

Definitely need to let Bidwell go tomorrow.. I dont know how he might be when it doesnt really matter, but he's definitely got a choking complex that shows up most any time we really need a good punt.. Plus it's only money to cut him and sign Hunter.. It's a move that needs to be made sooner rather than later for sure! We need to remove all the "anti clutch" players if at all possible.. Heyer is another one who makes terrible mistakes at the most inopportune times.. Once, I can forgive.. Twice in a 2 weeks, is getting old.. But this was the 3rd time in as many games that he's gotten a motion penalty called on himself when we could of either iced the game with a 1st down or score.. Just unacceptable at the NFL level.. (and yea, this is the 3rd thread I've said the same thing about Heyer.. Shoot me..) ;)

Archived