Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Bidwell. Now

MonkFan8

Josh Bidwell does more than just punt ... he also holds kicks for Mr. Gano. I don't know if I would want to mess that up. He also has a decent net average.

HTTR

Ohh Nooes.

That amazing lost art of holding for the placekicker, that's impossible to find.

I bet even Rex could handle that.

I agree. Bidwell is a liability long term. His net may be decent but when it matters he chokes. Everytime he receives a snap I am instantly take back to D.Frost in the Seattle playoff game. Honestly, I am just tired of losing all of the beer from the bottles I throw across the room from seeing him shank. Heyer needs to be cut in the off-season. I rooted for the guy cause he seemed to love Washington and he is a local product but really... he has done nothing positive for this team except be a stop-gap when we have injuries and are forced into using him. He seems lazy in his technique and doesn't have the quickness to excel at his position; hence, the holding calls. IMO, C. Rodgers is the most overrated defensive player on the Skins. I used to think that title belonged to D. Hall considering his constant stream of self-hype but that guy has actually made plays. For the last couple of years, I have chalked 22's play up to poor defensive schemes (we saw how much he cried about being 10+ yds off the ball) or the fact that we ran an aggressive blitz package under G.Williams and he was forced into a lot of man-to-man. But really, he is just another bust from the Cerrato-era. I pray that we draft a corner next year. But, I would disagree with the Haslett hate. I like what he is doing here even though we rank at the bottom of the NFL. To echo many of the other posters here, I think we don't quite have the personnel for this style of D. We are seeing some who should excel in this style do it (Orakpo, Landry) but we have a lot of people who look lost (Carter, Buchannon,etc.). Give the defense a draft class or two and I think we could be a top 5 unit once again. I don't post here much. Often I lurk. =) Glad to be in the discussion. Hail!

I agree, his performance is definitely lacking and it's not something that could possibly just need time (like the 3-4 or the run blocking).

What all decent punters are available?

I still don't get why we cut Hunter Smith, I'd be all for bringing him back but I guess Bruce or Shanny or someone doesn't like him for some reason.

This the type of thread WE DO NOT NEED! OP, you don't have any stats to share, any valid points to make, just whining and venting. Please

5 punts 37.2 yards average.

Last two punts, late in the 4th quarter, when field position is CRITICAL -

7:42 left, punts from his own 33 yard line, his punt goes 32 yards.

1:07 left, he punts from the Eagles' 41 yard line - Shankapotomus - 15 yards.

Those are Derrick Frost numbers.

Archived