Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A loss this bad is definitely going to get people whispering in the wizards building.  This is one of those things that embarrasses everyone.  If I was Tommy, it would have been very difficult to avoid calling Wes and blurting out “what the **** are you doing?!”  I’d bet that the entire front office, right down to the people making coffee and copies, feels like the team is under performing relative to their talent on paper.  Games like tonight shake confidence in leaders.

****ing BUMS!!!!!!!! Coach included.......Why in the **** was Dinwiddie in the game for so long??? He played the entire 2nd half and was HORRIBLE every second of it....Was Neto and Holiday not active this game?? I cant remember the last time a player for any team was SO bad and stay in the game for an entire half, no subs at the PG. He damner singlehandedly lost us that game. 

NO discipline....I watch EVERY Wizards game (They are automatically dvr'd). EVERY game we have a significant lead in, you can visibly see them just start to relax and jack up stupid shots because they have a lead. EVERY damn time. They jack up reckless ass 3's, they take layups up soft as hell. They fall back on defense, they get even more casual with the ball. They get a good lead and its like its time to go outside for a smoke break. And this time, they did it against a team that did everything right and was determined to win. Not shocked at all.

And this soft as a cupcake Beal does nothin but laugh and smile all game every ****in game. Tatum dropped 50 the other night and didnt smile one ****ing time.  He's so casual with the ball ALL THE DAMN TIME. He thinks he's some top 5 player in the league and he's not. Get him TF out of here. Let somebody else pay that coward $200+ million to pad stats.........

As far as Im concerned, EVERYONE can go, except Trez. The only one that plays with balls & passion EVERY game. Beal doesnt have 10% of the heart & basketball IQ that Montrezl Harrel has. 

And Kuz needs to work on his damn free throws. He ALWAYS misses free throws. Its rare that he makes both free throws. He has no form in his free throw, he literally just casually throws it up there, and always misses at least one of the two. 

All this "depth" means **** with no leadership....On and off the court. I dont know if Unseld is the right coach, and Im fully aware of this being his first year as a coach. We need more of a disciplinarian. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why does it seem like Beal lost his drive after last season? He seems lackadaisical out there like he doesn't have to try anymore...it kind of reminds me of RG3 and how his family started showing up everywhere after his rookie season when the diva attitude appeared. He's got his kids running on the court after the game during interviews and sitting court side when he's warming up.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

I used to want to keep Beal around but I am over him and ready to move on.  How the hell is he supposed to be a leader and say **** like this?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33148978/la-clippers-rally-35-stun-washington-wizards-latest-comeback-win

"I have no words," Beal said after the game. "Besides 'embarrassing.'"

"I was frustrated when I had to go back in," Beal added. "This should have been a game where the starters get their rest. Plain and simple."

He is a loser and always will be.  His body language shows that exact message too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

****ing BUMS!!!!!!!! Coach included.......Why in the **** was Dinwiddie in the game for so long??? He played the entire 2nd half and was HORRIBLE every second of it....Was Neto and Holiday not active this game?? I cant remember the last time a player for any team was SO bad and stay in the game for an entire half, no subs at the PG. He damner singlehandedly lost us that game. 

NO discipline....I watch EVERY Wizards game (They are automatically dvr'd). EVERY game we have a significant lead in, you can visibly see them just start to relax and jack up stupid shots because they have a lead. EVERY damn time. They jack up reckless ass 3's, they take layups up soft as hell. They fall back on defense, they get even more casual with the ball. They get a good lead and its like its time to go outside for a smoke break. And this time, they did it against a team that did everything right and was determined to win. Not shocked at all.

And this soft as a cupcake Beal does nothin but laugh and smile all game every ****in game. Tatum dropped 50 the other night and didnt smile one ****ing time.  He's so casual with the ball ALL THE DAMN TIME. He thinks he's some top 5 player in the league and he's not. Get him TF out of here. Let somebody else pay that coward $200+ million to pad stats.........

As far as Im concerned, EVERYONE can go, except Trez. The only one that plays with balls & passion EVERY game. Beal doesnt have 10% of the heart & basketball IQ that Montrezl Harrel has. 

And Kuz needs to work on his damn free throws. He ALWAYS misses free throws. Its rare that he makes both free throws. He has no form in his free throw, he literally just casually throws it up there, and always misses at least one of the two. 

All this "depth" means **** with no leadership....On and off the court. I dont know if Unseld is the right coach, and Im fully aware of this being his first year as a coach. We need more of a disciplinarian. 

How could you be this mad, dude?  They’re the Wizards Staring Jim Carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw them up 30 and went to watch some Curb your Enthusiasm. Asked Alexa what the score was, she said it was like a 5 pt game so switched to the game, watched it until 30 seconds to go, saw the Wiz up 6 late and then turned it off.

Woke up this morning and someone else in another thread said the Clippers won :laugh:

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I used to want to keep Beal around but I am over him and ready to move on.  How the hell is he supposed to be a leader and say **** like this?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33148978/la-clippers-rally-35-stun-washington-wizards-latest-comeback-win

He is a loser and always will be.  His body language shows that exact message too.

Beal was in for most of the comeback. He's a terrible leader. 

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

How could you be this mad, dude?  They’re the Wizards Staring Jim Carrey GIF

Naw man, lastnight was different...........if you aint a true Wizards fan and or didnt watch that full game, you wouldnt understand.....it was an epic collapse. Im a die hard Bullets/Wizards fan. Ive seen a lot of trash games by us, but the 2nd half of that Clips game may be the worst ever.

I wouldnt be shocked if 10+ years from now it comes out that somebody from our team was shaving points. It was THAT bad.....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Naw man, lastnight was different...........if you aint a true Wizards fan and or didnt watch that full game, you wouldnt understand.....it was an epic collapse. Im a die hard Bullets/Wizards fan. Ive seen a lot of trash games by us, but the 2nd half of that Clips game may be the worst ever.

I wouldnt be shocked if 10+ years from now it comes out that somebody from our team was shaving points. It was THAT bad.....

Not to put it on the refs at all because it's not their fault you blow a 35 point lead, but the officiating down the stretch was TERRIBLE and one sided like **** for the clippers.

And I agree with you.  You had to watch it to believe it - especially like the last 2 minutes. Harrell missed 2 free throws, Kuzma went 1/2 at the line, turnovers after Beal had a clutch drive with an and 1, then that almost-turnover-turned-into-3 he made.  And then to lose it like they did.  It was pretty comical though.

• Like 1

I'm still sick to my stomach. 

Maybe I'm just all butt-hurt today but that's the kind of game that sucks the wind out me for the rest of the season. A team that can blow that lead and lose that game only shows me that they have no business being in even a play-in scenario at the end of the regular season. In fact, I expect them to go into a tail spin for the next 10 games. Any close 4th qtr from here on will show me the same faces I saw last night. I went to bed sour, woke up sour. Still angry and disgusted.

Epic, historic choke job. I think I heard someone say it was the 2nd biggest blown lead for a loss in NBA history. I'm not sure they can get me back this year. Definitely taking a break for a couple weeks at least. It's actually kind of liberating. Been a fan too long (1972) to forgive this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

I think this is great IF it finally forces Ted to make real changes. They have to know the reaction of the fans. Maybe they think fans will keep watching anything, but it won't go well for them. 

Can't wait for the blog post, man of the people this guy is 😒

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

Dinwiddie is the most popular name in trade chatter?  I’m surprised.  I would have thought Deni and Rui would be.  Trez is an expiring deal that can ball, so no surprise there.  I want to love Spencer but he doesn’t fit WUJ’s terrible offense at all.