Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Hersh said:

Last year's team beat a lot of the best teams from the West. I get the dislike, but it was against the teams they should've beat that they sucked in last year. 

But this is an east team we are talking about, a division rival. It was a mentally weak team, by your example, this team is anything but mentally weak.

12 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Can't wait to see what we look like with (hopefully improved) Rui back!

Also interesting to see how average Young is without getting to the FT line 20 times a game...

I hope the league stays strong on this new officiating.  Many stars are mad about it, but it’s much better basketball to watch.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Can't wait to see what we look like with (hopefully improved) Rui back!

Also interesting to see how average Young is without getting to the FT line 20 times a game...

****ing up Harden as well. It's a much better game without it. 

Minutes are going to be a problem on this team. It could actually cause problems. 

Edited by Hersh

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why you say that?  Most of these guys seem comfortable in their role in a way that the Celtics never were under Brad Stevens. 

Who is Rui gonna get 20-30 minutes from? Where do TB's minutes come from even if it's 10-15 to start?

Trez is an UFA. KCP has a team option. TB is a UFA. All those guys will want minutes to show what they are worth for contracts. Which I completely understand. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Who is Rui gonna get 20-30 minutes from? Where do TB's minutes come from even if it's 10-15 to start?

Trez is an UFA. KCP has a team option. TB is a UFA. All those guys will want minutes to show what they are worth for contracts. Which I completely understand. 

depends on how good Rui is this year, i’m still unclear as to what happened and how it’s affected his game.  If he’s good, I think you’ll see Kuzma get more time at 3, which he prefers.  KCP can play SG.  So you’ll see minutes stolen from depth players that aren’t as good like Holiday, Deni, and Kispert.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a long season. There will be injuries, guys will have cold/hot streaks, there will be certain matchups that favor certain players over others, etc.

Yep.  You can be sure that there will be injuries with this team.  But it looks like the bench is deep enough that the only guy we just can't lose is Beal.

We almost never have hot starts like this, but when we did, we hit a wall in the middle of winter.  Hopefully we now have a deep enough rotation to fight through the doldrums of the season and avoid losing streaks.

There won't be minutes for everyone if we make the playoffs and have a healthy roster, but by that point we should have a core rotation figured out.

Gotta say, the depth we got from the Westbrook trade has greatly improved this team. But Scott Brooks damn sure isn't getting these results WUJ has gotten from these guy through 5 games.

Small sample size, but really like the way Unseld manages games so far.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

depends on how good Rui is this year, i’m still unclear as to what happened and how it’s affected his game.  If he’s good, I think you’ll see Kuzma get more time at 3, which he prefers.  KCP can play SG.  So you’ll see minutes stolen from depth players that aren’t as good like Holiday, Deni, and Kispert.  

no one outside the organization knows what is going on with Rui. It’s bizarre. Hopefully the dude is okay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

no one outside the organization knows what is going on with Rui. It’s bizarre. Hopefully the dude is okay. 

It’s a very strange situation.  No updates, he’s not on the bench at home games, and he’s rarely even mentioned.  

I believe the minutes will work themselves out.  When everyone is back, I think Deni, Kispert, and Bertans minutes will suffer. Which is okay.  I think Holliday and Neto are redundant when you can play KCP and Beal in the backcourt together or facilitate with Deni.  But we aren’t close to having a full squad yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s a very strange situation.  No updates, he’s not on the bench at home games, and he’s rarely even mentioned.  

Yup very strange indeed. Last update I can remember said he's "getting back into game shape, which might take until December." Doesn't seem normal to me. That combined with him not attending games gives me big concerns. Have there been any reports or pictures of him practicing with the rest of the team?

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Until they start crying about it like Boston did, im not buying it, and we shouldn't expect that to happen.  They can pull this off without being dicks to each other, in Wes I trust.

Harrell is a ****in MAD MAN!!!!!! Can someone PLEASE post his 4th quarter gorilla dunk in the paint where he damner tore the rim off.....Im watching the game on dvr and yelled as loud as I possibly could on that dunk. 

25pts 13 rebs

RE....SIGN.......HIM......NOW.........................He needs to retire as a Wizard........

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

7 hours ago, Destino said:

so he’s only working when the media isn’t around?  This situation is so bizarre.

Don't expect to see him for a while.

As far as the first 4 games. I am shocked. I really thought they would be a 1 or None win team still. New coach, a roster that looks kind of slapped together. Figured Beal would have landed on the COVID out list already.

Good for Wes Jr and Sheppard. 

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Don't expect to see him for a while.

Me personally, I'm not holding my breath on Rui returning. He definitely shows flashes, but he's so inconsistent and has the tendency to play soft and timid....

Wake me when my man Thomas Bryant returns. When Bryant & Harrell get on the floor together, the energy is going to be crazy......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21