Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

@Hersh if nothing else, you gotta give Shep credit for bringing Spencer here, or you might jus be hatin on him.  Huge pickup for us

I give him credit for WUJ and Din, for sure. I think what it really boils down to for me is that he wants to give Beal this supermax contract. Beal isn't worth it. If he traded Beal, Shep would be awesome to me. 

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Football Teams dance squad needs to take notes, Wizards dance squad still fire.

We should package Rui, Betrans, and Dani (and picks if neccesary) for a star to pair with Beal...like Tatum...

Be happy with what we got because we ain’t getting a “star” player for Rui, Bertans & Dani.  Get real.Blink 182 Reaction GIF

47 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

It’s going to be hard to put Kuzma on the bench when/if Rui returns.

Sidenote: going back to the early 2000s.  Chris Webber was out injured and a young Gerald Wallace put up a string of monster games.  Craig Sager interviews him and asks, “Do you think you’ve Wally Pipped Chris Webber?”  Wallace stares at home for a moment:  “I don’t know who that is.”  Great television 🤣

• Thanks 1

As happy as I am with this win, this team needs to get healthier before we get a run of actually good teams to play.  Having just one center is a major problem.  It will be nice when Bryant and Gafford are both available, so we have a center that can be aggressive late in every game even if two get in foul trouble.  Two centers isn’t enough for the regular a season.  

Will be nice to get Rui back too, just for his defense if nothing else.  Having to play Bertans when the team needs defense is a problem.  

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s going to be hard to put Kuzma on the bench when/if Rui returns.

Sidenote: going back to the early 2000s.  Chris Webber was out injured and a young Gerald Wallace put up a string of monster games.  Craig Sager interviews him and asks, “Do you think you’ve Wally Pipped Chris Webber?”  Wallace stares at home for a moment:  “I don’t know who that is.”  Great television 🤣

Gerald Wallace?  I can assure you, he never had a string of monster games in Sacramento like Harrell is having right now.  

26 minutes ago, Destino said:

As happy as I am with this win, this team needs to get healthier before we get a run of actually good teams to play.  Having just one center is a major problem.  It will be nice when Bryant and Gafford are both available, so we have a center that can be aggressive late in every game even if two get in foul trouble.  Two centers isn’t enough for the regular a season.  

Will be nice to get Rui back too, if for his defense if nothing else.  Having to play Bertans when the team needs defense is a problem.  

Sounds like Gafford  should be back for either the Toronto or Memphis game next week.  That’ll help.

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Will be nice to get Rui back too, just for his defense if nothing else.  Having to play Bertans when the team needs defense is a problem.  

Centers are almost like running backs in the way you constantly need depth and fresh legs at the position.  We've been lucky with how well Kuzma and Harrell have chipped in and handled the glass given how small that front court is, but it obviously won't fly against front courts with players like Giannis/Lopez or Embiid.  Even shorter bits like Randle and Adebayo would worry me.

I've been low key worried about not having one more real center on the roster since Bryant will be out for a while and Todd isn't really a center nor a viable rotation player yet.  Kind of wish we had been able to keep Robin Lopez.  But at least reinforcements will be coming eventually.  Bryant and Hachimura will be back at some point, hopefully in time for when Kuzma and Harrell lose their legs or get banged up.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Centers are almost like running backs in the way you constantly need depth and fresh legs at the position.  We've been lucky with how well Kuzma and Harrell have chipped in and handled the glass given how small that front court is, but it obviously won't fly against front courts with players like Giannis/Lopez or Embiid.  Even shorter bits like Randle and Adebayo would worry me.

I've been low key worried about not having one more real center on the roster since Bryant will be out for a while and Todd isn't really a center nor a viable rotation player yet.  Kind of wish we had been able to keep Robin Lopez.  But at least reinforcements will be coming eventually.  Bryant and Hachimura will be back at some point, hopefully in time for when Kuzma and Harrell lose their legs or get banged up.

I’d imagine that even when Bryant returns in December his minutes will be monitored for awhile. Still have 18 fouls there though.  The November schedule doesn’t look too overwhelming.  Only two back to backs.  Get a chance to see how we stack up with Miami.  We get Orlando, OKC, NO (2).  A chance to harvest those nuts.

I was curious about how the win shares were getting split up and saw that Harrell is third in the NBA in win shares right now.  He's on a monster pace individually, and if this team pulled off a 50-55 win season, then his pace would put him at like 11 or 12 win shares.  That total would put him at top five in the league the past two years.

There is no way he sustains that level of production, he's pretty good but not Rudy Gobert or Anthony Davis good.  But it's fun to see him in the midst of such a big hot streak.  He's already turning into one of our best trades, plus we got Kuzma and KCP.  Can't believe Ted actually wined about Westbrook orchestrating this deal for us.  He did us a favor in getting himself traded for this package.

• Like 2

Boston fans are insufferable and spoiled.

As I was walking down the stairs at Capital One arena last night these guys from the club level started walking down and one be like "Once you have 17 rings come talk to me". Bringing up titles from when none of us were even born lol from the ages of the dinosaurs. What has Boston done lately?

Boston fans are very fragile and very chirpy. Even when they lose they can't say "gg" or lose with grace. Always about history. Enough of your history.

• Thanks 1