Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Me personally, I'm not holding my breath on Rui returning. He definitely shows flashes, but he's so inconsistent and has the tendency to play soft and timid....

Wake me when my man Thomas Bryant returns. When Bryant & Harrell get on the floor together, the energy is going to be crazy......

I don't know. They are def TRYING to play better Defense at times. Whenever you have a new coach, you want to see if they impact guys who are unachieving or are inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, gbear said:

Thing is, 5 games ago we didnt know if we had either, and many were downright skeptical of the GM.

We still don’t know.  Right now it’s all the fun of a strong start.  Months from now we’ll get down to the reality of playoff seeding and we’ll see where we stack up.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

We still don’t know.  Right now it’s all the fun of a strong start.  Months from now we’ll get down to the reality of playoff seeding and we’ll see where we stack up.

Sheppard has worked miracles digging this team out from under Grunfelds terrible mess.  That much is obvious.  I’m not saying Conference Champions.

• Like 1

Shep has benefited from Westbrook because Shep’s plan wasn’t to trade Wall nor to trade Westbrook. 
Wall happened cause of the video in NYC and management said he had to go. The return on Westbrook happened cause Westbrook and LeBron. 

His moves independent of that happening have been mixed. His drafting has been bad. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Shep has benefited from Westbrook because Shep’s plan wasn’t to trade Wall nor to trade Westbrook. 
Wall happened cause of the video in NYC and management said he had to go. The return on Westbrook happened cause Westbrook and LeBron. 

His moves independent of that happening have been mixed. His drafting has been bad. 

Bottom line is that he moved an unmovable contract in Wall, a guy who’ll play 40 games total for three years.   And now is getting 45 and 24 from the replacements.  You may not want to give him credit for that, but I will.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Destino said:

Had ESPN on in the background today and they’re talking up the wizards.  As a DC sports fan there is nothing more worrying than the media getting onboard.  lol

When I am starting to wonder if the Wizards are worth thinking about, it’s getting serious.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Exactly, to deny that is bullheaded.

He was able to move a contract because another team wanted to move a bad contract. To pretend that Shep had some plan and has driven these trades is...amusing. His personnel decisions independent of Westbrook setting up the Lakers trade have been a net negative. But hey, I understand fans grasp on to the good stuff when it happens. I don't blame anyone for that. 

Edited by Hersh

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

He was able to move a contract because another team wanted to move a bad contract. To pretend that Shep had some plan and has driven these trades is...amusing. His personnel decisions independent of Westbrook setting up the Lakers trade have been a net negative. But hey, I understand fans grasp on to the good stuff when it happens. I don't blame anyone for that. 

The fact is that he was dealt a terrible situation when he first was hired and has made enough sound decisions to be where we are now.  Nobody is saying that he has changed the world with his moves.

• Like 1