Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Games like that make me want to keep Young, when he is on, HE IS ON

He's a quality sixth man, or a third offensive option on a team with two bonafide stars. Right now he's the primary scorer on this team, which is not what his role should be.

I'm hoping he comes to senses in the offseason. There is no way he deserves 9 million a season but he is worth 5 and perhaps 6 (on a front loaded deal).

I will admit I deemed wall a bust and i am MORE than happy to eat crow. He has really turned it on lately.

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 09:45 PM ----------

He's a quality sixth man, or a third offensive option on a team with two bonafide stars. Right now he's the primary scorer on this team, which is not what his role should be.

I'm hoping he comes to senses in the offseason. There is no way he deserves 9 million a season but he is worth 5 and perhaps 6 (on a front loaded deal).

Get a star PF, hopefully Davis to team with wall and I'd think he would fit right in.

I'm hoping Wall has turned the corner similar to how Rose did his second year. Not many people remember but the first few weeks into the season in his second year analysts were saying Rose had regressed from his rookie year but then of course he turned it on and became an all-star. I think people are just too quick to anoint players busts or stars based on a few good or bad games. Here's to getting win number 3 against the Nuggets Friday!

But the thing is that Wall was routinely getting abused by scrub guards. He was missing multiple layups. His ft% was terrible. His shooting % was worse. And he was turning it over multiple times. He deserved the criticism. Im glad to see he got his confidence back and is rolling. Good win today!

But the thing is that Wall was routinely getting abused by scrub guards. He was missing multiple layups. His ft% was terrible. His shooting % was worse. And he was turning it over multiple times. He deserved the criticism. Im glad to see he got his confidence back and is rolling. Good win today!

He deserved criticism, he didn't deserve all the people already calling him a bust.

He deserved criticism, he didn't deserve all the people already calling him a bust.

That's how I feel too. He was playing like a scrub, no other way to put it.

But to write someone off after 10 bad games, when he had a tremendous rookie season was idiotic.

He'll still have games this year, probably more than less, where he struggles mightily. That is just the way this roster is built. A PG with a poor jumpshot needs to be surrounded by floor spacers, and we can't do that.

I'm still dumbfounded that this team can't run the pick and roll properly.They don't even attempt. It can be a dangerous play, especially with McGee setting the pick.

It's simple man: he was pressing. His team sucks, he was trying to put all that **** on his shoulders, and he wasn't playing within himself. Anyone who's played basketball on any type of level should've known that. He had a monster rookie year, arguably the best PG rookie year since Magic. Did people really think he just forgot to play basketball overnight? That it was a fluke? The calls of him being a bust or overrated or overhyped were beyond absurd. I still have several people on ignore from that, and I really don't know why their posts/opinions should ever be relevant again. I'm serious, it was that ridiculous.

I'm still dumbfounded that this team can't run the pick and roll properly.They don't even attempt. It can be a dangerous play, especially with McGee setting the pick.

That's all I do in NBA2K with McGee. Pick and roll, have him shoot toward the basket. It's not always there, but when it is, it's impossible to stop.

It's simple man: he was pressing. His team sucks, he was trying to put all that **** on his shoulders, and he wasn't playing within himself. Anyone who's played basketball on any type of level should've known that. He had a monster rookie year, arguably the best PG rookie year since Magic. Did people really think he just forgot to play basketball overnight? That it was a fluke? The calls of him being a bust or overrated or overhyped were beyond absurd. I still have several people on ignore from that, and I really don't know why their posts/opinions should ever be relevant again. I'm serious, it was that ridiculous.
The team was winless, fan were searching for ANY bright spots, who are they gonna look to first? The star player. they see he's not doing well, call him a bust. I admit, I did, and his play was worthy of very harsh criticism. But I'm here to eat my crow.

Kyre Irving is gonna top both

Ahhhhh I missed this game! Looking at the box score just doesn't do it. :(. Did our backcourt really dominate in the game as the box score suggests?

Wall stringing games together... Hope he can keep it up.

Edited by Destino

I'm hoping Wall has turned the corner similar to how Rose did his second year. Not many people remember but the first few weeks into the season in his second year analysts were saying Rose had regressed from his rookie year but then of course he turned it on and became an all-star. I think people are just too quick to anoint players busts or stars based on a few good or bad games. Here's to getting win number 3 against the Nuggets Friday!

Rose didn't become an All Star until his third year.

Ahhhhh I missed this game! Looking at the box score just doesn't do it. :(. Did our backcourt really dominate in the game as the box score suggests?

Wall stringing games together... Hope he can keep it up.

Young was off the in the first half, 2nd half was a much better shooting effort.

As a team, we can't shoot to save our lives, but we can produce alot of points on hustle & effort when their minds are right.

Went to my first Wizards game today since Juan Dixon scored 35 in his first start ever. I pick fun games to go to. Besides those two, I went when I was really young, before Jordan and at that time they had Rip Hamilton. I had floor seats and some lady asked me if I wanted to participate in a mid quarter event on the court. I had to beat a Wizards shorts, shoes, and jersey on and score a bucket before the other kid. We were both about 9 or 10. Beat that other kid's a**. But, I never got my free tickets I was promised. Anyways, I had a blast tonight and the crowd seemed to be really into it, even though I saw A LOT of Durant jerseys.

Went to my first Wizards game today since Juan Dixon scored 35 in his first start ever. I pick fun games to go to. Besides those two, I went when I was really young, before Jordan and at that time they had Rip Hamilton. I had floor seats and some lady asked me if I wanted to participate in a mid quarter event on the court. I had to beat a Wizards shorts, shoes, and jersey on and score a bucket before the other kid. We were both about 9 or 10. Beat that other kid's a**. But, I never got my free tickets I was promised. Anyways, I had a blast tonight and the crowd seemed to be really into it, even though I saw A LOT of Durant jerseys.

Durant is local and he is a beast ;)

Edited by WhoRUSupposed2Be