Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

sigh... how does a starting PF get 0 field goals? while playing like 26 minutes? Damnit Flip' date=' you cant be this dim. If he is playing that awful, isnt playing defense, and is routinely fouling the other team, you gotta get him outta there.[/quote']

Tonight is a prime of example of how stats can be misleading, Blatche did absolutely **** this game and ended up +4 for the game.

What good does that do?

I didn't like it when the crowd booed Juwan Howard and I don't like it now.

It's pointless....

I don't think it's pointless that people display their dislike when they pay their hard earned money and end up watching a lazy bum bring the entire team down.

I think it sends a pretty clear message to the front office.

Do you think anyone would care if Ibaka scored if Durant shot .235%? The star has to lead and that field goal percentage by the teams star is a bigger story than Blatche having a bad game. Blatche is a role player at best and matters only if everyone else above him does their job. Also note the +\- for the game.

The only issue with Blatche is that Flip shouldn't be starting him. His minutes were the lowest among starters though but still too high.

(note, I am not one of those calling him a bust. That's nonsense.)

Edited by Destino

Do you think anyone would care if Ibaka scored if Durant shot .235%? The star has to lead and that field goal percentage by the teams star is a bigger story than Blatche having a bad game. Blatche is a role player at best and matters only if everyone else above him does their job. Also note the +\- for the game.

The only issue with Blatche is that Flip shouldn't be starting him. His minutes were the lowest among starters though but still too high.

(note, I am not one of those calling him a bust. That's nonsense.)

I understand the point you're trying to make, and to some extent I agree with you (I thought Wall settled for far too many jumpers tonight).

In regards to Blatche's +/- number, this game shows that there is more to that statistic than just the final number. Blatche literally did nothing of note, and ended up with a positive number, sometimes it just works out that way.

Edited by StillUnknown

I understand the point you're trying to make, and to some extent I agree with you (I thought Wall settled for far too many jumpers tonight).

In regards to Blatche's +/- number, this game shows that there is more to that statistic than just the final number. Blatche literally did nothing of note, and ended up with a positive number, sometimes it just works out that way.

Blatches positive is meaningless because he did nothing. He's not a starting PF in this league and I've said his value is coming off the bench for a while now. Mack's positive and Wall's worst is what stuck out to me. That's the effect of taking 17 shots on a night when most of the team shot well and missing 13.

Edit, watching this lob city timberwolves game... Ted get Love here. Make it happen!

Edited by Destino

Blatches positive is meaningless because he did nothing. He's not a starting PF in this league and I've said his value is coming off the bench for a while now. Mack's positive and Wall's worst is what stuck out to me. That's the effect of taking 17 shots on a night when most of the team shot well and missing 13.

Edit, watching this lob city timberwolves game... Ted get Love here. Make it happen!

You're speaking to what Blatche should be, unfortunately our organization disagrees with you.

I would sell my soul if it meant getting Love to DC.

http://www.csnwashington.com/01/21/12/Lawson-Nuggets-graps-Wizards-growing-pai/landing.html?blockID=635416&feedID=10376&awid=6993704088379999605-849

Lawson likely missed that sound bite, but he heard the jeers. The Clinton, Md. native also clearly gauged the dysfunction surrounding the Wizards when responding to a question about Wall’s progress.

“He’s maturing,” said Lawson of his fellow point guard. “Things are, you can just tell, in disarray, not with the organization, but the players on the court. He’s fighting through it. Eventually he’s going to get some players around him and show exactly how good he is."

There really isn't much a PG who struggles to shoot can do in effect for his FG% when he is surrounded by absolutely putrid shooters.

Wall contributes more than enough with his inside game, passing, defense and rebounding that his shooting problems should be masked by having better shooters around him.

I just can't understand how a big man in the NBA who is supposed to have an "offensive" game can shoot 37% from the field. There is no doubt that Blatche is not only one of the worst players in the NBA, as a reserve or as a starter, but he might also be the laziest and one of the biggest wastes of talent in the last 10 years.

He came into the NBA as an athletic SF/PF tweener with a ton of upside, and now is so out of shape, lost so much of his athleticism, that his best case scenario looks to be at backup center. Enormous waste of talent.

Edited by No Excuses

I didn't see the game last night, so this might not have been the case....but it looks like another terrible shooting performance from Mr. Wall. If he shoots at a better percentage we win that game. I sure hope he spends his entire summer with a shooting coach rather than playing "And 1" style street ball in the summer leagues.

after Young started so hot, why was he sitting down for so long? Even Buck and Phil were wondering that out loud.

This is what was confusing me. We set a 10 year record for points in a quarter led by young and he sits for most of the 2nd? Whats with that? Did Flip think he was getting too much attention or something?

Young had played all 12 minutes of the first quarter. He sat for about six minutes before coming back in. At that time, it wasn't really necessary to bring him in and from what I recall, we still had a decent lead during the time he sat.

Also read on WP that he had a badly cut thumb that needed attention (apparently).

No Rondo, & Ray Allen leaves midway through the 2nd quarter, still we're down by 13.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

I like how we're battling back, Wall is doing everything in his power right now, particularly on defense. He is conceding nothing on that end of the floor.