Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

and Rome would say "Errrrr, epic take....rack me" 

Is he still around?  I ****ing forgot about Jim Rome.

I went to college with about a thousand Jim Romes.  It's like every young man I knew in 2005 mainlined Jim Rome takes.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not worse at all.  The Wall/Beal/Porter thing was already completely dead.  This is an opportunity to clean the slate and make another run.  Agent Zero/Blatche redux.

Wait a second.  In this statement are you saying that you are looking forward to Arenas/Blatche redux?

53 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If it's any consolation, Boogie's performed better than I expected since coming back from his achilles.  His per 36/per 100 are basically in line with his career numbers.  Of course, he's on the Warriors , which surely helps. But my point is, he's not finished, which I was assuming he was.  He should be a good resource and inspiration for John.  

the issue is Wall is recovering from another injury as well.

Also, Boogie's game was never about being explosive.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Should have traded him earlier this year when it was obvious they were headed to a 40 win season.

If they coulda found a taker, which was a longshot, I woulda taken literally anything in return.  Folks were worried about getting value.  Getting out of that contract woulda been my #1 concern.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We were doomed going forward before this happened though.  How much worse are we gonna be really?  Not very much.

Yeah, you're probably right.  But unfortunately this injury is so much worse than what Wall was facing before.  There is a chance that it's a career ender.

We could play for time until this happened.  Now there is nothing left to look forward to.  It was a coup de grace.

It's Beal's team now with Wall coming back only because we can't get rid of him. 

Its brutal because you almost have to expect the second achillies to be inevitable, but he's still a great passer that maybe not being the main focal point will help get more out of. 

We lost our chance to get the most out of him as face of the franchise.

59 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If it's any consolation, Boogie's performed better than I expected since coming back from his achilles.  His per 36/per 100 are basically in line with his career numbers.  Of course, he's on the Warriors , which surely helps. But my point is, he's not finished, which I was assuming he was.  He should be a good resource and inspiration for John.  

But Boogie isn't on the same team that he was when he got the injury.  It forced him to become an NBA vagabond playing for bargain deals.

We built everything around John.  If he comes back, I have a feeling it's going to be for some other team after they acquire him for a song.  We're going to be left taking back dead weight contracts to shorten our commitment, just like we did with Gil, and starting over from scratch.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, you're probably right.  But unfortunately this injury is so much worse than what Wall was facing before.  There is a chance that it's a career ender.

We could play for time until this happened.  Now there is nothing left to look forward to.  It was a coup de grace.

See you beat me to hint of a threat title change.  Sorry, @BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

the issue is Wall is recovering from another injury as well.

Also, Boogie's game was never about being explosive.

This. Also - Boogie is not nearly as agile as he was before the injury....I was surprised to see him posterize Kuzma because he barely got off the ground with his other dunks

The only thing John can hope for is that he somehow magically develops an above average outside shot so he can finish his career like Jason Kidd

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's Beal's team now with Wall coming back only because we can't get rid of him. 

It's over.  We need to deal Beal too.  The absolute ceiling of a Beal-led team is 45 wins and a first round out.  And he's going to want out after his contract ends now that we can't put another star on the floor next to him.

The timing of this injury sucked.  We need to deal Beal for draft picks ASAP, but now we only have like a week before the trade deadline to field offers because they moved it up this year for some reason.

Not to mention we need to fire Ernie and conduct a GM search at some point too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its brutal because you almost have to expect the second achillies to be inevitable, but he's still a great passer that maybe not being the main focal point will help get more out of. 

We lost our chance to get the most out of him as face of the franchise.

Beal is smart, he's out of here at his first advantageous opportunity. I swear i havent seen that dude smile since he had that monster game against toronto

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's over.  We need to deal Beal too.  The absolute ceiling of a Beal-led team is 45 wins and a first round out.  And he's going to want out after his contract ends now that we can't put another star on the floor next to him.

The timing of this injury sucked.  We need to deal Beal for draft picks ASAP, but now we only have like a week before the trade deadline to field offers because they moved it up this year for some reason.

Not to mention we need to fire Ernie and conduct a GM search at some point too.

You bookend this post with what you believe and what you want.  Since when has this team listened to either of that?

I expect a pathetic attempt at double-down to salvage this, even if you are right.  That's why its Beals team now.  

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Beal is smart, he's out of here at his first advantageous opportunity. I swear i havent seen that dude smile since he had that monster game against toronto

Agreed.  Its starting to sink I may never see Wall and Beal play together again, just like that.

So who's staying if Ernie gets to do the third rebuild?  I'll go into hibernation, and that's attempting to be a gentleman about it.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So who's staying if Ernie gets to do the third rebuild?  I'll go into hibernation, and that's attempting to be a gentleman about it.

Troy Brown - Devin Robinson - Thomas Bryant (if he's able to be re-signed) is the next big 3.

That's championship caliber right?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not me.

I've been thinking about the possibility of Ernie conducting another rebuild all year and I've made my decision.  I'm not going to be a real fan any more.  I'll switch to watching the Mavs full time and shoot the **** about the NBA as a general observer, but I won't be rooting for anyone any more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Troy Brown - Devin Robinson - Thomas Bryant (if he's able to be re-signed) is the next big 3.

That's championship caliber right?

Did you want me to throw up in my mouth?

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not me.

I've been thinking about the possibility of Ernie conducting another rebuild all year and I've made my decision.  I'm not going to be a real fan any more.  I'll switch to watching the Mavs full time and shoot the **** about the NBA as a general observer, but I won't be rooting for anyone any more.

Ya, we've gone back and forth on this one.  I expect this to fall off the front page if that happens.

What would it take to get you to come back?  Or would you be done done?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1