Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If he was being considered as the #1 FA before his contract..why is trading for him a bad idea?

I don't get it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7350826/sources-denver-nuggets-re-sign-nene-5-year-67m-plus-contract

He's an injury prone big man with bad knees at the age 30 who just signed a 5yr, 65 mil dollar deal. That is a poisonous contract. Denver has been on the right side of personnel moves, they're giving up on him for a reason. They know his knees won't be getting better as that contract moves forward.

This is pretty much the equivalent of Vinny Cerrato getting an extension. No way does the owner let the GM take on at least 60 million in salary over a 4 year span unless the GM is here to stay.

I can totally believe we made this **** trade. This is a classic Wizards move. Trade a talented young player for an overpaid, aging, injury prone guy whose best years are behind him.

McGee is not a cancer and never has been. Nene is an injury prone going on 30 center that now ties up a ton of money. The nuggets aren't know for trading FOR cancers, just ask the Knicks. Wilson chandler is not part of the deal and they aren't even using him (I think they still own his rights, could be wrong)

I liked McGee and his potential, but this year really showed how low is basketball IQ was. I've never liked Nick Young as he's a streaky shooter/scorer on an awful team and would ride the pine with any other decent squad. I like Nene, but not for his money/contract. Weren't McGee and Young on the last year of their deals as is? Just goes to show you that Ernie Grunfeld needs to go.

They were swearing on NBA TV. One of the guys said "WTF was Denver thinking?" I don't know why some of you guys are mad. This is a good deal for the Wizards. One more knucklehead to go with Blatche.

Think two years down the road, when an already injury prone player is breaking down, making 13 million a season, and we can't bring in additional help because his contract is killing our cap space.

This is not the NFL where ****ty contracts don't matter. It would have been better to just let McGee walk free in FA instead of making this awful trade.

We are probably going to use the amnesty on Blatche and then we are stuck with Nene for his entire contract. It's absolutely amazing that Ernie gets to blow up his own mess by creating a bigger one.

Edited by No Excuses

Any Wizards fan have confidence this team will win anytime in the next 10 years? Been this way since I watched us hoist the trophy in 78. Stupidity for 30+ years. If it isn't one thing, it's another with this joke of a franchise. Maybe they should just contract the Wizards on the grounds of not being able to do anything for 30 years.

Sam Amick

‏ @sam_amick

And Denver's "buyer's remorse" on Nene, as @KBergCBS called it, very real: Source says Kings rebuffed Nugs' attempt at Nene-Cousins swap

Denver knows something about Nene's health, they just signed the deal a few months ago and they already want out. That red flag would be obvious to a GM with a brain.

I think you all are all nuts. On the record I LOVE this deal. McGee and Young wouldn't have been on this roster next year anyway. We trade them away and get a top 5 NBA Center with a good contract. Centers get paid in this league...you all will see when JaVale gets the Max this offseason with the nuggets.

He is 29, but Skilled Big men like Nene can play well into their mid-late 30s at a high level in the NBA.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dal.

Are you all kidding me? First the histrionic ****ing about not making a deal to get rid of JaVale and now that we find out we made one, the laughably knee jerk ****ing about what we got in return?

Nene is many times the player and professional that JaVale is, and HIS CONTRACT IS BETTER THAN THE ONE JAVALE IS GOING TO GET THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!

This was a good deal. We needed to get something in return for JaVale and we got a good center out of it. As a bonus we get to ship off Nick Young? That's fantastic!

Denver knows something about Nene's health, they just signed the deal a few months ago and they already want out. That red flag would be obvious to a GM with a brain.

Or maybe they are extremely high on McGee and think he will be better than Nene already is.

Currently Nene is much better than McGee

Since I've been in Philly, I havent watched many games since school started (i buy the packages for the caps and yanks but refuse to spend on the wizards) but god, this team is a desert wasteland. My dream was sneaking in as 7th-8th seed and luring/bribing Dwight Howard here. I woke up after the first pre-season game.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93