Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Brown looks better than I expected right off the bat.  This is a fun summer league group.

Issuf Sannon is totally lost out there.  He's going to spend a long time in Europe.

Completely unnoticeable. Didn't even realize he was playing until I saw that he was dunked on. 

• Like 1

This is one of the better summer league groups we've fielded since we became a playoff team.  Thomas Bryant and Devin Robinson were nice snags and Brown looks like he'll be a good draft pick.  Toronto and San Antonio have shown that even high seeded playoff teams need their draft picks, and need to find young talent from non-traditional sources.  Our goal each summer should be that we're capable of fielding a SL team with two or three legit NBA prospects on it.  It's the only way for us to maintain depth as John ages and gets expensive.

I'm hoping for the best with Dwight.  Sometimes the right change of scenery works.  Worked with Keef Morris.  Dwight has got to want to get into the HoF, and for him to make sure that happens, he needs to keep playing well and be a part of a winner.  Maybe see another AS game or two.

I remember watching this talk show with Hibatchi and Mia Khalifa ( I know lol) a while back. It was surprisingly good, as far as analysis and sports go. Anyways, they asked Gil if he ever pulled any pranks with Howard while he was in Orlando, or something to that effect. And he was like “ man have you seen this dude? He lives in the gym. “

D12 keeps his body in top form. If anything, the back injury reinforced his workout habits. I have no worries at all about how he meshes with the team.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm hoping for the best with Dwight.  Sometimes the right change of scenery works.  Worked with Keef Morris.  Dwight has got to want to get into the HoF, and for him to make sure that happens, he needs to keep playing well and be a part of a winner.  Maybe see another AS game or two.

My hope is Wall spoonfeeds him enough baskets to keep him happy and engaged on the defensive end.

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My hope is Wall spoonfeeds him enough baskets to keep him happy and engaged on the defensive end.

It's a good situation for him offensively, because he's not going to have to do much to score in decent volume with high efficiency.  We basically just need him to buy in to the culture here and help us establish a foundation for good defense.  We've got the guys on the perimeter to guard people, we just need that strong defense on the back end.

I think he's got the chance to make another AS team here, but we're going to need to be winning a lot of games for it to happen.

I'm really bullish on Dwight.

Yes, he's not the athlete he once was but he's still ridiculously gifted in that regard.

As Stephen A Smith said: Just run the floor and he'll score by accident.

As long as Dwight buys in, John will revive his career.

I'm telling you guys, this team is going to be REALLY good.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We basically just need him to buy in to the culture here and help us establish a foundation for good defense. 

I would say that at this point of his career, he needs to change his image and the culture of the Wizards. 

He needs to be a leader with Wall. Then the culture will change and the dynamics of the franchise will be taken to the level of knocking off any team in the East especially. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

I would say that at this point of his career, he needs to change his image and the culture of the Wizards. 

He needs to be a leader with Wall. Then the culture will change and the dynamics of the franchise will be taken to the level of knocking off any team in the East especially. 

Honestly I agree with you. I just dont think they are going to do it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly I agree with you. I just dont think they are going to do it. 

One can hope. I don't want to see you guys in June claiming defeat. 

I want you fans to be able to trash talk and be among the best. 

Optimistic views are different than homer views. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm really bullish on Dwight.

Yes, he's not the athlete he once was but he's still ridiculously gifted in that regard.

As Stephen A Smith said: Just run the floor and he'll score by accident.

As long as Dwight buys in, John will revive his career.

I'm telling you guys, this team is going to be REALLY good.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.  He prefers to post up and holds onto the ball way too long (5-10 seconds) before making his move, kills the pace of the offense.  He's lazy on defense way more often than he should be.  And after he was gone in Charlotte, word is that his teammates and coaches were already tired of him.  

He has the ability still to excel in certain areas of the game, when healthy, his biggest problem is himself.  Upgrade over Gortat, absolutely, but it's all the other things that he does that can ruin any chemistry he has with his teammates.  And this change of scenery stuff, I wouldn't put too much into that.  

He may prove every doubter wrong and excel with the Wizards, but until that happens, I would go in with low expectations from him.